It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone experienced this while meditating?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

you know that same thing happens to me once and awhile. Just before i fall sleep i hear a loud bang. I have woke up to this noise before, but now i ignore it sometimes. weird, someone has the same thing happen to them. hey meditation guy. try this with caution because what you see may scare you. take a large mirror off the wall, light two candles and put on opposite sides of the mirror, do your meditation and stare directly at your face in the mirror the whole time and watch what happens. be scared , but dont freak out later ok.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pudgeego
reply to post by nunya13

you know that same thing happens to me once and awhile. Just before i fall sleep i hear a loud bang. I have woke up to this noise before, but now i ignore it sometimes. weird, someone has the same thing happen to them. hey meditation guy. try this with caution because what you see may scare you. take a large mirror off the wall, light two candles and put on opposite sides of the mirror, do your meditation and stare directly at your face in the mirror the whole time and watch what happens. be scared , but dont freak out later ok.

the bang is a common sound when the mind is detaching from the body...

...but I HIGHLY DISADVISE THIS ADVICE! Not only because it's my opinion, but this is what I've learned from dedicated communites on the art of OOBEs. Being afraid is one of the most common reasons, besides getting interupted by the physical sensations/sounds, that prevents you from doing an OOBE.

FEAR CREATES FEAR - if you're scared - you will only MAKE yourself more scared.

DON'T BE SCARED - THERE'S NOTHING TO BE SCARED OF!

You probably won't get out, and you probably will reget it if you do!

I've heard stories of people having to fight demons, for years, when they get out - undoubtedly caused by fear.

KNOW that there's nothing to be afraid of, ignore the physical sensations, and you will get out, with a very plesant experience.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
yes, the banging. i have had this before too! i wake up with a bang and i just lie there staring and listening, but nothing!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Me too. Loud bang when I'm falling asleep. This actually happens quite often even before I began meditating.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Exploding head syndrome, I have had that a lot - apparently it is something in the ear itself.

It is harmless but annoying!

clicky click

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by Sentry-

www.iso-tones.com...

lots of free stuff here. Just scroll down til you see schumann.

g.

Thanks a ton! ∞

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dviper785

Well, what's weird is that I'm not meditating. I don't really meditate at all, I try here and there but I can't seem to commit.

If it is an OBE, I guess you don't have to be meditating to have one, right?

I KNOW when I was a kid I had one. Even that day I just knew I actually left my body. My sister and I had bunks. I was on the top. I can't remember what all I was dreaming about but before I woke up I was looking down on myself from really high up. I saw me laying on the floor in my pj's with my arms reaching up to the ceiling and grabbing at air. I started slowly descending closer and closer to the me I saw on the floor and when I got face to face with myself I woke up.

You know what? I opened my eyes and I was laying on the floor in the same PJ's and my arms were reaching toward the ceiling grabbing at the air.

I actually crawled down from the top bunk in my sleep, laid on the floor and started grabbing at something. I was only a little freaked out but even at 10 years old I KNEW that I had left my body and I saw myself grabbing for me to come back.

ANYWAYS, I've heard that we sometimes leave our bodies when we sleep. That part of what we dream about is our "adventures" while having an OBE. If this is true then that would explain the loud bang, and the bed vibrating while I'm sleeping.

But, it only happened that one week and hasn't since.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by dviper785

Well, what's weird is that I'm not meditating. I don't really meditate at all, I try here and there but I can't seem to commit.

If it is an OBE, I guess you don't have to be meditating to have one, right?

I KNOW when I was a kid I had one. Even that day I just knew I actually left my body. My sister and I had bunks. I was on the top. I can't remember what all I was dreaming about but before I woke up I was looking down on myself from really high up. I saw me laying on the floor in my pj's with my arms reaching up to the ceiling and grabbing at air. I started slowly descending closer and closer to the me I saw on the floor and when I got face to face with myself I woke up.

You know what? I opened my eyes and I was laying on the floor in the same PJ's and my arms were reaching toward the ceiling grabbing at the air.

I actually crawled down from the top bunk in my sleep, laid on the floor and started grabbing at something. I was only a little freaked out but even at 10 years old I KNEW that I had left my body and I saw myself grabbing for me to come back.

ANYWAYS, I've heard that we sometimes leave our bodies when we sleep. That part of what we dream about is our "adventures" while having an OBE. If this is true then that would explain the loud bang, and the bed vibrating while I'm sleeping.

But, it only happened that one week and hasn't since.

IMO my thoughts as I have been looking into this a while,

I think you're correct you did have an OOBE, and our dreams are actually 100% OOBE, the only difference with the experience you had was that you were "concious" during your dream. 99.9% of our dreams are controlled by our subconcious therefore we "don't" control them usually. Some people (like myself) have a majority of lucid dreams, where you still maintain a level of control, even when your off in dream world. My best description of the average lucid dream is that I'm off in dream world but I still use my logical, concious thought to control my actions, however, if I try to exert too much control or unrealistic control I wake up because that brings my mind out of OOBE and back into normal concious thought and boom I'm awake again, so I've learned to keep a proper balance.

The next level is true OOBE like you experienced when you were 10, which happens by accident like it did for you when your concious mind wakes up while it's still detached from the body because it was in dream land. Your thougts control all your movements and what probably happend was you were afraid of what was happeneing so your fear slowly brought your mind back to your body which explains why you woke up the instant you reattached.

Bang, vibrations, energy, all that is symptoms of the 5 senses being switched to "autopilot" so to say when the mind is detaching.

The reason dream world is so funky is because our concious mind cannot interperet some of the information present in dream world, as it is an OOBE (dreams) in a different reality, an energy based reality, not the physical based reality we are used to. For example if in your dream you were holding a super powerful ray gun shooting aliens energy based life forms in a different dimension, when you woke up and rememebred the dream you would 100% genuinely think the dream was you holding a laser tag pistol shooting the stereotypical short, big head, big eye'd grey aliens, because that is what our physical based, concious minds are familar with. Hope this makes sense,

cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join