It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 hurt onboard Qantas flight to Perth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Six passengers and a crew member have been injured onboard a Qantas flight from Hong Kong to Perth.

In a statement, Qantas confirmed flight QF68 encountered 'severe turbulence' over Borneo, north of Darwin, approximately four hours after leaving Hong Kong.

The plane is an Airbus A330-300, the same type of plane involved in the Air France Airbus crash earlier this month that killed 228 people.

It is understood six passengers and one crew member sustained minor injuries and were treated onboard.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A Qantas spokesman described the cause as "a severe meteorological incident.''

I was sitting at the exit door and I had this lady, (who) was waiting at the restroom and she flew up and hit the ceiling and came crashing down to the floor,'' he said.

www.news.com.au...

scary indeed

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The Qantas plane was a airbus A330 the same as the air France flight AF447 that plummeted into the sea.

this is not the first time Qantas has had problems with the A330

A computer malfunction on an Airbus A330 flying from Singapore to Perth in October caused the jet to nosedive twice, leaving 12 passengers and crew seriously injured.

[edit on 22/6/2009 by ocker]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
THE inability of radar on a Perth-bound Qantas Airbus to detect ice crystals will be at the centre of an air safety investigation into severe turbulence that threw passengers out of their seats, injuring up to 12 people.

The A330-300 aircraft plunged suddenly over Borneo early yesterday before landing safely at Perth International Airport just before 8am.

"All of a sudden the plane dropped -- I reckon about a 30-storey building -- and there was a hell of a kerfuffle in the plane," passenger Keith Huckstable told ABC radio.

Qantas said crew on the Airbus, which was carrying 206 passengers and 13 crew, were given little notice of the approaching turbulence, four hours after leaving Hong Kong.

Qantas said last night it appeared nothing had gone wrong with flight QF68's systems, and the airline retained confidence in the A330 despite several recent incidents.

Three weeks ago, an Air France A330-200 mysteriously crashed into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 228 people on board, while last October 70 people were injured on a Qantas A330-300 flying over Western Australia when the plane suddenly lost altitude after an apparent computer malfunction

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't really see how a jet hitting turbulance is really news worthy on ATS, it is hardly earth shattering or be seen as a conspiracy.

the link between the air France flight and this is really a stretch.

a little like a tyre blowing out on a truck and linking it to all other blow outs on trucks.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

the link between the air France flight and this is really a stretch.

what do you mean a stretch. 3 of the same planes? that s just what I know of from the media here. how many other problems in the same A330 planes in other countries has this happened to that I or we haven t read about.

and it happens to be on the same path that severe turbulence has happened in the past numerous of times.

umm

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker

what do you mean a stretch. 3 of the same planes? that s just what I know of from the media here. how many other problems in the same A330 planes in other countries has this happened to that I or we haven t read about.

and it happens to be on the same path that severe turbulence has happened in the past numerous of times.

umm

you answered your own post for me.

so a jet follows the same path that has experienced severe turbulance in the past and you are trying to link it to an accident.

The Qantas jet didn't break up or ditch, no engine failure or wings falling off, it hit turbulance and dropped, the plane stayed in tact.
so how is this relevent to the air France disaster?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
this just goes to show that the Airbus A330's have some serious issues that are not being dealt with by airline's... I was on a A330 the other day and I did not feel safe at all... could this be delibrate to lose peoples faith in Airbus?!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I will tell you what links this with the Air France crash...both planes had problems right around the equator.

Of course they say weather is always much worse near the equator...so its probably not a shock to most people.

top topics

join