It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this sign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Anyone around to enlighten me/us on what the following sign is?

I have seen it before but it appeared again towards the end of the video in,
Does man possess UFO Technology ? The answer is Yes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8da26b301c9dc1db.bmp[/atsimg]

I have also embedded the video below for easy reference.
It appears at 6:12.

ANY CLUES ???

[edit on 21/6/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I believe it is a Nazi Era insignia from Germany. The outside of the emblem are in early Germanic Runes. The two symbols at the center are N.N.

I would suspect that like the S.S. or other secret Nazi Groups, this is just another branch devoted to advanced research technologies like the V-2 Bomb and the Messerschmitt Me-262 Jet.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

What you are saying makes perfect sense considering the video it was contained in. THANKS.

So if things are as you say it should be relatively easy to find what the inscription is right? Or is it in German Code similar to that used by the CIA?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I decided to do a little more research for you as I have quite the library on Secret Societies.

It is the supposed insignia of the supposed "Geheimnis Schwarze Sonne" or Order of the Black Sun/Signet of the Black Sun, although this name is actually a corruption from a Book Title in German that English readers mistook and associated with the name of a Secret Society ("Die innere Welt - das Geheimnis der schwarzen Sonne" or "The inner word - the secret of the Black Sun").

They are said to be an Occult Order that pre-dated the Nazis, just as the Thule Society and Ordo Novus Templi.

As far as the inscription, it is not in code. It is a language. Runes were used by early Germanic/Teutonic/Norse/Gaelic cultures as their letters. It wasn't until long after the rise of the Holy Roman Empire that these languages adopted Latin letters for their languages. One simply need understand this particular variant of Runic to transliterate it (and know German to translate it).

[edit on 21-6-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It is a variant of the Black Sun, an occult symbol (esoteric).

The symbol of the Black Sun also has an alternative design, possibly a phantasy product of postwar writers, allegedly known as the "Geheimnis Schwarze Sonne"[unreliable source?] (this name could also be based on a misunderstanding related to the German book-title "Die innere Welt - das Geheimnis der schwarzen Sonne" (The inner word - the secret of the Black Sun)). The symbol has no direct relationship with Nazism, Himmler or Wewelsburg. Some writers stipulate that this Black Sun symbolism formed a central doctrine to the pre-Nazi secret societies, namely the Black Sun, the Thule Society (Thule-Gesellschaft) and von Liebenfels' Order of the New Templars (Ordo Novi Templi).

Source: en.wikipedia.org...(occult_symbol)

See also Thule Society.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
to me it looks like something the vikings would make back in the days. atleast the writing. but what do i know..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus & reugen

Ok i am getting the picture.
So what about the inscription?
If its a well known sign we should already know what is written on it.
After all in essence you are saying its written in plain ol language
that is just not used anymore and there is no code whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
So what about the inscription?
If its a well known sign we should already know what is written on it.
After all in essence you are saying its written in plain ol language
that is just not used anymore and there is no code whatsoever.

Well, I'm beginning to understand the dilemma here. I did notice that several books that have published this insignia all claim that the clockwise Runic inscription has been untranslated to date, and I see now why.

Nazis officially liked to use the Elder Futhark Runes for inscriptions. Some Germanic Secret Societies that were pre-Nazi Germany used Armanen Runes. Later during WWII, many Nazi groups utilized the Wiligut Runes.

The Runes in the inscription are none of these. There are Runic characters that are in common with all three of these, but there are characters that exist in none of them. Also, it clearly uses a cursive form of Runic which is something very odd and unusual of itself (outside of Carolingian and Late Medieval Irish Manuscripts).

I believe one of the keys to translating it is the fact that the Runes in the center are "a reversi" (mirrored in reverse). Drawing Runes mirrored is a practice called "The Nightside". This might indicate a simple Rune Row cipher such as the UTHARK method.

However, the whole exercise is most likely for naught as it appears this symbol very well could be a fabrication that has been perpetuated and accepted as factual by those not researching their facts.

The symbol first appears in use in author Peter Moon's (real name: Vince Barbarick), book entitled 'The Black Sun: Montauk's Nazi-Tibetan Connection' published in 1997. It has been mentioned after this appearance in works by Norbert Jürgen Ratthofer, Ralf Ettl, Jan van Helsing, and reprinted and mentioned at length in Dr. Joseph P. Farrell's book 'Reich of the Black Sun' published in 2005. Farrell provides no other sources than those who keep quoting or referencing Peter Moon.

Most of these books are available online either at books.google.com or in pdf format. It didn't take too much time to trace things far enough back.

It would appear that this symbol is entirely a late 1990's invention of Peter Moon or an associate. That would explain why it doesn't correspond to any of the Runic Methods in use at the time of Nazi era Germany. I've wasted a couple hours looking at it, and I think I'm willing to accept it as nothing more than an exercise in futility.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

WOW.....
I must admit that not only you are quite literate about it but that
you have also done quite some extra homework before posting an
answer to my thread!

The least i can say is a humble THANK YOU !

I never planned putting any extra burden on any of my fellow member, through this thread or any other. I am not sure if i would have gone all this length as you did. BRAVO AGAIN !

I guess you had quite similar question marks yourself which justifies my questions. Additionally i appreciate the fact and the nature of your reply since it justifies that we are here on a quest of knowledge and that some questions are natural and not the result of an inclination to a cult as some may/might suspect.

Your reply is quite conclusive that the subject of the thread is:
nothing more than an exercise in futility.

I will stay at that since you have also given means to reach the same end although its not my speciality.

In other words i am covered.

However i would not mind seeing any further views and whether they contribute anything to the matter under discussion.

Take care !

new topics

top topics

join