It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Gear's "The Stig" unveiled!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
UK members will know of the BBC motoring series, Top Gear, with their 'tame racing driver', the mysterious Stig.
Nobody knows his identity, until tonight, as he will be exposed!
uk.news.yahoo.com...
Should be worth a look, BBC2, 8.00 pm tonight, UK time.

Roy.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks for that my friend. I will be glued to the box from 8pm.
Every time i watch top gear i wonder "Who is that man"...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

im in oz!!!
will have to go online to find out

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Michael Schumaker!

Yeah, right!

That HAS to be a wind-up!

Roy.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by royspeed

what?
are you serious!
theyre taking the mickey
ill have a look

[edit on 21-6-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
LMAO!!!

Breaking News Mousavi Pushes For Iran Protests Amid Deaths Top Gear's Stig is finally unveiled 31 mins ago Press Assoc. * Print Story Michael Schumacher revealed himself as Top Gear's mysterious test driver the Stig. Skip related content Related photos / videos Stig revealed his face on Top Gear The former Formula One driver took off the Stig's famous white helmet during an interview with presenter Jeremy Clarkson after the studio audience urged him to reveal his true identity. Clarkson jokingly pretended not to recognise Schumacher and asked him what his name was before he became famous as the Stig, before excitedly shouting to the audience: "It's Michael Schumacher!" The Stig test drives cars around the Top Gear track in Dunsfold Park, Surrey, and trains each week's guest for their lap for the Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car feature. His identity has a closely guarded secret although many people have speculated that the famous white overalls and helmet are shared by several drivers. Silly rumours about the Stig have been used to add to the mystery surrounding the character who never speaks to camera. In Sunday's show, Clarkson quizzed Schumacher about some of the rumours, asking: "Are you illegal in 17 US states?" Schumacher, who was Formula One world drivers' champion seven times, replied: "No, it's much exaggerated. It's only nine." Clarkson then asked about another rumour: "Some people have told us you only know two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong. Is that true?" Schumacher replied "Well obviously they won't fly" and was quickly interrupted by Clarkson who said: "No, they were right, you don't know anything about ducks." Former Formula One driver Perry McCarthy was Top Gear's original Stig, who dressed all in black during the first two series. He was replaced with the current Stig, dressed in white, after he revealed his identity.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Yeah it's a work obviously.

The Stig isn't a Formula 1 driver, he takes a different race line than all the F1 drivers they've put round the track.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The Stig....

Only for those who want to know.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Identity revealed.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 22/6/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Is it true???

BBC have spent alot of money on hiding who the Stig really is, it's what makes the show not knowing who he/she really is.

I don't think it is him.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heavyman

I don't think it is him.

It's not.

It was, however, Michael's FXX that they tested - he probably wouldn't let anyone else drive it, so they did the stig gag.

An what's the deal with the FXX going on the power lap board? That's hardly street legal...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Good thing it isn't really Michael Schumaker. I'd have to stop watching Top Gear.

He premeditated and executed a plan to murder Jaques Villenueve by running him off the track at full race speed to gain a few championship points. He admitted doing it, and was totally unapologetic.

A few years before he had done the same thing to Damon Hill, but the incident was clouded by the fact he had crashed on the previous lap and perhaps his machine was damaged.

[edit on 14/7/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Its clearly a reptilian lol

Only a reptilian would have that great handling.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
No, legendary Formula 1 driver and Ferrari Design Liaison Micheal Schumacher is not The Stig as the sole reason Schumacher was there was because the triple black FXX seen in the skit is his as Ferrari wouldn't allow Top Gear to use the 2006 Ferrari FXX.

Schumacher was there acting solely as an agent and on behalf of Ferrari S.p.A Internacional.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The Stig isn't a person and the racers who come in and wear the suit aren't the Stig. He is driving personified and embodied. When you get into the "zone" where you and the car are one, that is the Stig. I've been there and I have never been more at peace even though I'm cornering at around 50-60 mph and screaming through the mountains. The Stig is every driver who reaches that point, whether it's someone on the Valencia GP or bored police officer racing around the countryside at night or the average person seeing what the car can do. The Stig is that moment when the only thing that matters is that next turn and you feel the car like it's a living being and its personality comes out into the open.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
The Stig isn't a person and the racers who come in and wear the suit aren't the Stig. He is driving personified and embodied. When you get into the "zone" where you and the car are one, that is the Stig. I've been there and I have never been more at peace even though I'm cornering at around 50-60 mph and screaming through the mountains. The Stig is every driver who reaches that point, whether it's someone on the Valencia GP or bored police officer racing around the countryside at night or the average person seeing what the car can do. The Stig is that moment when the only thing that matters is that next turn and you feel the car like it's a living being and its personality comes out into the open.

On the UK version there's been 3 Stigs. Australia has seen 1, Russia has seen 1 and the USA will have 1. 6 in total.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was always under the impression it was ben collins

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by benintheuk
I was always under the impression it was ben collins

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Ben Collins was The Stig from about 2004 - 2008 as he outed himself and as per confidentiality agreements was ordered fired. The identify of The Stig currently remains a mystery but in Febuary 2009 a video surfaced showing the Black Stig emerging from The English Channel on The UK side after last being seen piloting a 1990 Jaguar XJ-SC V12 Coupe off of The HMS Invincible in 2003.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow Yahoo News and the AP are SLOW.

They are just now posting that he is Ben Collins. DUH!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Every single news source I can find is saying it's Ben Collins, so maybe they didn't replace him when they said they did, after all who would know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join