It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most resignations in 1st term of any White House?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Want to know about the Bush team's leadership ability & vision? As with any administration, a mass exodus is rightly viewed as either a lacking vote of confidence or simply career damage control.

The rats who've jumped ship:

Eugene Scalia - Bush's acting solicitor
at the Department of Labor

Nicholas Calio - Bush's Chief Liaison to Congress

Mary Matlin - top public-relations strategist to VP Dick Cheney

Patrica Ware - Executive Director of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV and AIDS

Brady Kiesling - Political Counselor in U.S. Embassy Athens

Howard Schmidt - White House cybersecurity adviser

Mercer Reynolds III - U.S. ambassador to Switzerland

Ari Fleisher - Press Secretary

Gen. Eric K. Shinseki - Army chief of staff

Paul J. Redmond - assistant secretary for information analysis at the Department of Homeland

Jack Pritchard - Special envoy to North Korea

John �Coal-is-Clean� Suarez - EPA Chief

Bruce Buckheit - head of EPA's air enforcement division

Rich Biondi - deputy to the head of EPA's air enforcement division

Christine Todd Whitman, head of the EPA

( Junk Science, Global Warming, Run away reppeal of all environmental safeguards in favor of big business's bottom line...you can draw the most damning conclusion from the EPA exodus )

Larry Lindsey - White House
economic adviser

Richard Clarke - Cyber-security head

Charlotte Beers - PR, State Department

Richard N. ('nuke-Iraq') Perle - chairman of Defense Policy Board

Thomas 'Enron' White - Sec. of the Army

Mitch Daniel - Budget Director

Entire Aerospace Safety Advisory Panel resigns en masse to protest that advice they give isn't heeded.

Paul O'Neill - Treasury Secretary

Joe Allbaugh - director of FEMA

Glenn Hubbard - Chairman of the White Houses Council of Economic Advisers

Col. Ann Wright - State Department

Martin E. Sullivan, Richard S. Lanier and Gary Vikan - White House Cultural Property Advisory Committee

Tommy Franks - Army Chief of Staff

John Poindexter - DARPA Guru? ( can't tell with this convicted felon & spook )

David Kay - Weapons Inspector

Manuel Miranda - Counsel for Judiciary Appointments

Leslie Caldwell - head of the Justice Department team prosecuting executives of Enron Corp.

Gen Tony Zinni - ME Envoy

I don't know, in less than three years of the first term, has any other president had such a vote of non-confidence by so many staff members & in so many key positions?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
How credible is this?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Bet you anything you can add Powell to that list after the election (assuming Bush wins).

I bet there are plenty others just being forced to hang on until the election that will "pursue other options" the next four years.

If anyone really thinks we've seen the worst of Bush scandals, just wait. Everyone knows all the real crap just floods out in the second term.

I'm torn. I still want Kerry to send Jr. packing, but a second Bush term would do such damage to the right wing it would be unrecoverable for years to come.

The 400 pound albatross in 2008 will be reproductive rights if Bush wins and gets his way. Choice isn't even on the radar this election. After 4 more years of Bush cultural wars...it will be on.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Where did you find this information? how credible is it? links?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Want to know about the Bush team's leadership ability & vision? As with any administration, a mass exodus is rightly viewed as either a lacking vote of confidence or simply career damage control.

The rats who've jumped ship:

Eugene Scalia - Bush's acting solicitor
at the Department of Labor

Is Eugene Scalia related to Supreme Court Justice Scalia?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Plenty more to come. The worst resignations are the soldiers who suicide in Iraq.

Why does the thread title refer to a "first" term of office, other than the fact that an only term is technically a first term? Why is RANT "assuming Bush wins"? What has happened to faith in common sense and basic intelligence for you guys?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
What has happened to faith in common sense and basic intelligence for you guys?

I would term that practical sense. If it were common, everybody would have it. (Yes, that line is � by me).

Now, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, Democrats held a 1,542 seat lead in the state bodies in 1990. As of November 2000 that lead had shrunk to 288. That's a loss of over 1,200 state legislative seats, nearly all of them under Clinton. Across the US, the Democrats controlled only 65 more state senate seats than the Republicans.

Further, in 1992, the Democrats controlled 17 more state legislatures than the Republicans. After November, the Republicans control one more than the Democrats. Not only was this a loss of 9 legislatures under Clinton, but it was the first time since 1954 that the GOP had controlled more state legislatures than the Democrats (they tied in 1968).

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
...of municipalities in the past 3 years. And why so many states are running huge deficits.
Republicans do talk a great game, but almost always fail to deliver.

And Masked...good to see you again. There will be one term for Dim Son, just trying to keep my grammatic structure correct! Although, I can see someone turning him in before the election.....

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
How credible is it? If you drop reasoning, and accept the author's attempt to paint this as mass discord within the Bush ranks, it is 100% credible.

If, however, you take off your aliminum foil hat, put on your thinking cap, and do a little digging, you'll come to quite another set of conclusions.

Take the name at the top of the list, for example, Eugene Scalia. From this link:

Scalia

In January 2002, Scalia was appointed Solicitor of Labor in the U.S. Department of Labor in one of George W. Bush�s controversial recess appointments following a Senate refusal to approve the nomination.[9]

In a scathing condemnation of Scalia�s appointment Paul Wellstone said it was part of the Bush administration�s direct assault on American workers.

In opposing Scalia�s nomination Senator Kennedy, noting �serious concerns� about Scalia�s anti-labor record, said Scalia: blah blah blah

You'd get to the real reason he's not there today:

When Scalia�s recess appointment expired in November 2002, Bush appointed him Acting Solicitor of Labor. Rather than face what would have been a bruising Senate confirmation hearing, Scalia resigned January 17, 2003.[15] He was succeeded by Deputy Solicitor Howard Radzely.

Short form: From the get go, the democrats were never going to let this man be confirmed. He said, in effect, F*ck you, not worth it, and went back to making millions in the private sector. Typical DC politics.

I'm not saying this is the same story for every name on the list. I'm saying that listing a bunch of names in a topic with this title is an attempt to mis-lead people.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian

Is Eugene Scalia related to Supreme Court Justice Scalia?

Yes, Eugene is his son.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I'm not saying this is the same story for every name on the list. I'm saying that listing a bunch of names in a topic with this title is an attempt to mis-lead people.

Bull

You're looking for a silver lining in a turd pile. You mention one suspect 'reason' for Scalia - an unwarranted appointment of an unaccomplished individual with nepotistic ties to a radical judge - as being too tough a confirmation, as the driving reason.
Almost 50 people in total , in less than 3 years & you're still trying to paint it as partisan.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Originally posted by jsobecky

Bull

You're looking for a silver lining in a turd pile. You mention one suspect 'reason' for Scalia - an unwarranted appointment of an unaccomplished individual with nepotistic ties to a radical judge - as being too tough a confirmation, as the driving reason.
Almost 50 people in total , in less than 3 years & you're still trying to paint it as partisan.

Yes, but I just happened to start at the very top of the list. I'm sure that a little scrutiny will show many others in the same boat.

BoutTime, you are trying to paint this as a group of individuals that have jumped ship because of a lack of confidence in the President. I showed you one case where that isn't true. You then called Scalia an unwarranted appointment of an unaccomplished individual with nepotistic ties to a radical judge. Why then did you list him as one of your references? He's good enough to bolster your claim, but not good enough to defend?

And I'm the one trying to make this partisan?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Add George Tenent to the list. But for "personal reasons"...

And if they can't pin the CIA "leak" on him that Junior is scrambling with criminal defense attorneys to cover his own bum on...then there will be another beheading soon IMO.

But as for Tenent...

The CIA was about to get raked anyway. Between it's $350,000 a month payrolled LIAR Chalabi ("Without whom this war would not have been fought") and the scandal of the multi-million dollar SECRET WAR the CIA fought with Saddam in the press the year before the "decision" to go to war (HA!).... somebody had to go.

This illegal propaganda war is fascinating stuff though. Talk about outsourcing.
Since it's illegal to spend US funds on propaganda aimed at manipulating the press IN the US, the CIA secretly contracted with a London based PR Frim (The Rendon Group) and spent over $120 million to place "product" that would get picked up by the wires and reimported to the US media. ~The New Yorker

Sneaky, sneaky. No?

Illegal, illegal. Yes.

And they got caught at it! What a bunch of candy corn brains.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is an old list. More resigned in the first term, but now we get to start on the second.

Wait, it technically is still the first term. This is brutal.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Bet you anything you can add Powell to that list after the election (assuming Bush wins).

I bet there are plenty others just being forced to hang on until the election that will "pursue other options" the next four years.

If anyone really thinks we've seen the worst of Bush scandals, just wait. Everyone knows all the real crap just floods out in the second term.

I'm torn. I still want Kerry to send Jr. packing, but a second Bush term would do such damage to the right wing it would be unrecoverable for years to come.

The 400 pound albatross in 2008 will be reproductive rights if Bush wins and gets his way. Choice isn't even on the radar this election. After 4 more years of Bush cultural wars...it will be on.

I like how that guy thinks.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

RANT, looks like you were right.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow, kind of makes you think what the heck is going on. When all of the rats start jumping ship, it's usually sinking. What do they know that we don't?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Simulacra?
Huh? What?
No mention by you on those less favorable 'predictions' also insinuated within this thread?

Let the 'dominoes' fall....not like a Presidential election hinges on these folks resigning or not, eh?

seekerof

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Simulacra?
Huh? What?
No mention by you on those less favorable 'predictions' also insinuated within this thread?

seekerof

He might have a low batting average, but he does have one, unlike me.

Originally posted by Simulacra
Kerry is going to win the 2004 election.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join