It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most resignations in 1st term of any White House?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You'll have the bite back like no other from the spooks.
Man, this thread was old! This 'ahead of his time' label is such a burden, ya know?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
*blows off the dust before reading the thread*

Man, good job digging this one up...!!!

*sneezes*

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Bout time I have to agree with Gazrok on this one it looks like the "presidents" men and "women" are leaving the boat instead of sinking with their Comanding in Chief, you will do good doing predictions your were right, after all.

I wonder if what is going on has to do with worst things to come with Mr. Bush next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A lot of these resignations were anticipated, turnover is normal, and this administration doesn't hold the record by a long shot:

The last five administrations resemble revolving door

DAYTON, Ohio, Nov. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- The flurry of resignations from
President George Bush's cabinet seems significant, but, compared to past
administrations, is still not all that monumental, a study of data on
LexisNexis has revealed. LexisNexis is a leading provider of legal, news,
business and risk information.
From forced resignations to mass resignations, the leader of the most
powerful nation in the world has historically endured changes in his
leadership team. For instance, in 1841, John Tyler's administration was rocked
by the resignation of all but one cabinet member -- a symbolic protest to his
demanding policies. Then, more than 130 years later, President Jimmy Carter
demanded the resignation of all of his cabinet members, later accepting only
five.

Turnover

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So JSO......

As far as I know...these were not forced....were not a mass protest (well maybe...but it wasn't all 15 cabinet leaders). So what's up with all these people resigning?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Add George Tenent to the list. But for "personal reasons"...

And if they can't pin the CIA "leak" on him that Junior is scrambling with
But as for Tenent...

The CIA was about to get raked anyway. Between it's $350,000 a month payrolled LIAR Chalabi ("Without whom this war would not have been fought") and the scandal of the multi-million dollar SECRET WAR the CIA fought with Saddam in the press the year before the "decision" to go to war (HA!).... somebody had to go.

You know he still getting funds, but lets not forget the "45 minute MWDs" that came from Allawi, he was the one that brought up that Sadam could had MWDs in 45 minutes.

What an irony Chalabi got nothing for his efforts, but Allawi 45 minute MWDs got him Iraq in a silver platter.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
So JSO......

As far as I know...these were not forced....were not a mass protest (well maybe...but it wasn't all 15 cabinet leaders). So what's up with all these people resigning?

You'd have to ask them to get the real answer, but there have been a lot of good reasons given here, including burnout, mission accomplished (yeah, I know you'll have fun with that one) another notch on the resume', move on to private practice to make some real bucks and so on.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally by Rant
Bet you anything you can add Powell to that list after the election (assuming Bush wins).

Insightful.

His resignation was announced along with three other cabinet members, bringing the number of key figures to leave the cabinet to six.
It is unlikely that it is a coincidence.
The moderates leave the Bush Administration, precipitating a neocon concentrate.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I don't think that Ashcroft would be classified as a "moderate." This is just the ebb and flo of every re-elected Presidency. I for one think it's a good thing. Sometimes you need to get some new blood in the cabinet.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I wonder what jobs Falwell, Jones, and Robertson are getting?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
I wonder what jobs Falwell, Jones, and Robertson are getting?

LOL, I think they make to much money in the jobs they have now,
, I wonder if Joe Lieberman will take a cabinet position? It would not surprise me. What about Zell Miller, I wonder if He might come on board.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It didn't take some genius observer to know Powell was going to bail. I didn't really understand why he took the position in the first place.

None of this is really surprising, as a matter of fact. There's been a lot worse, Nixon, for example. He ups and demands letters of resignation from everyone and replaces them with fresh people. Can you imagine the number of pitchers he'd have had if were a baseball manager instead?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Okay. It's quite obvious that almost everyone is resigning from their current posistion in the U.S. government. The question is why? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I've never in my life seen so many top officials resign in such a short time until I saw links posted confirming past cabinet term resingations. Can someone help me understand what is going on? Have these people realized they can't take the heat anymore? IMO it is just what Bout Time said:

Either a lacking vote of confidence or simply career damage control

I find the reasoning of these resignations to be especially important because of the post 9/11 era.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Imagine 60 something and 70 something old men have just been ratholed for 4 straight years want to go home or move on.....wow that must be pretty unusual. Wait, didn't 7 leave Clintons cabinet before late November after re-election.....didn't Reagan have ~50% of his cabinet leave soon after re-election. Hmmm, every modern-day two termer has had large defections of old men....something must be afoot.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This Administration has broken numerous historic high water marks: highest national debt, biggest collapse of a surplus into a deficit in the shortest period of time, the most Americans living below the poverty line in the modern era, etc.
But the one people overlook is this: they hired the most corporate executives & lobbyists to run the Federal departments that they did business with in the private sector. Don Rumsfeld is the poster Child of this revolving door, parlaying his Fed connections into CEO positions & billions of Fed contracts.
These people are simply using market economics: their "team" is still running things, so what better time to go into the private sector & make a few million? It is not too hard to imagine that the gratefully promoted department head will give the business to his former boss's company, no?
Look how that scumbag Rudy Giulliani has made millions off the bodies of my associates since 9/11. Now multiply that 10 fold for what Powell can make.
Ashkroft will probably make a cool $billion$ in his first year being a Televangelist, though.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
Imagine 60 something and 70 something old men have just been ratholed for 4 straight years want to go home or move on.....wow that must be pretty unusual. Wait, didn't 7 leave Clintons cabinet before late November after re-election.....didn't Reagan have ~50% of his cabinet leave soon after re-election. Hmmm, every modern-day two termer has had large defections of old men....something must be afoot.

You're close (not really, but I'm feeling generous). Reagan and Clinton each had 5 actually leave. And what did they know was coming?

Iran Contra and Monica Lewinsky scandal. Still laughing?

Bout Time is right though. All these degenerates are above the law, as they are the law. They're just rolling back into the real government to make money now that everything's well greased like Republicans like it.

And I too think Gouliani's post 9/11 behavior and "enterprises" have been abhorant. He lends nothing to his security consulting firm but the "good name" of the mayor of 3,000 lost souls. I'm so glad he and the other "liberal" Ahnold are Republicans in name. The only people that would take them I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
You're close (not really, but I'm feeling generous). Reagan and Clinton each had 5 actually leave. And what did they know was coming?
�����.

Actually you should do better research, I was dead on only four of Clinton�s cabinet finished both terms....that makes 10 positions to turnover. several turned over more than once.
Secretary of State
------Madeleine Albright, 1996
Secretary of the Treasury
------Robert E. Rubin, 1995�1999
------Lawrence H. Summers, 1999
Secretary of Defense
------William J. Perry, 1994
------William S. Cohen, 1997
Secretary of Agriculture
------Dan Glickman, 1995
Secretary of Commerce
------Mickey Kantor, 1996
------William M. Daley, 1997
------Norman Y. Mineta, 2000
Secretary of Labor
------Robert B. Reich, 1993
------Alexis Herman, 1997
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
------Andrew M. Cuomo, 1997
Secretary of Transportation
-------Rodney Slater, 1997
Secretary of Energy
-------Frederico F. Pena, 1997
------ Bill Richardson, 1998
Secretary of Veterans' Affairs
-------Togo D. West, Jr., 1998

And as you can see (year listed is confirmation) 10 members left just after re-election. If you look at the time of announcement 7 of them announced right after the election. comparatively speaking Clinton had 29 cabinet members, so far bush 21 and he has one more cabinet position then Clinton had...so by the logic of the folks here bush must be doing a bang up job....damn those facts.

Btw Reagan had 6 start in 85 and 13 in his second term ie...left right after election. Four half way through his first term......33 total.

Read the next post actually both Clinton and Reagan had fairly low historically speaking turn over of cabinet positions...kind of blows the asinine theory presented by this thread.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
More info Nixon had all but one position turn over. Truman had all but one turn over and had at least 3 occupants in all the other cabinet posts.....far and away the highest turn over of a more than one termer. FDR had two single occupant posts and low turnover in the rest. Washington despite only having 4 posts had 11 occupants, fairly high turn over....must have sucked as a president

Had some of the highest turnover: Jackson, Taylor, Grant, Washington, T. Roosevelt,

Had some of the lowest: Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, Garfield, Taft �..now there is a sterling list of achievers.

however on the whole regardless of whether the president had a single term or multiple terms, they all pretty consistently churn the cabinet.....most where between 2 and 3 times full turn over.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by keholmes]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join