It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to shut down ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ya, that's right. ATS needs to be shut down and for good reasons. But before I present my reasons, let's look at why you come to this website?

1. To read interesting conspiracy theories.
2. To get current NEWS.
3. To vent your anger and frustration caused by these theories or NEWS.
4. Misc.

Some of the people at ATS are very old members. They have come across every kind of conspiracy there is. Infact, I think it's safe to say that 99% of the members here believe the 'World is run by bankers' conspiracy, wanna get rid of the FED and cause a revolution.

The fact is that it will never happen. As long as you have this website to vent your anger and frustration, you will never actually leave the comfort of your home and actually bring about change in the real world out there.

People are always talking about revolution and standing up against THE MAN. The problem is that for us to win, we all have to stand together. You cannot wait for the day when they break down your door and kidnap your kids. Because then you WILL stand up, but you will stand alone. Your neighbors will watch as you and your family are dragged from your home. No one will lift a finger. Then next day they will come for your neighbor and no one will help him. That's how they keep us under their shoes.

So shut down this site and start getting out of the house and raise your voice in the community. Gather people who are as frustrated as you are and form small groups. Then join groups from neighboring towns, cities, states, countries, etc. Actively protest wrong decisions from your lawmakers. Don't just write a letter to them. Go stand outside their office with your group and demand change.

We all have been conditioned to be lazy. Even I am sitting here on this site telling people to shut down this site. Use the site only for communicating with each other. Do not use it as a revolution ground. The place for revolution is your town, city, state. By now enough people have woken up and enough people are frustrated.

People who laugh at UFO conspiracies, secret societies, NWO, etc. You don't need to explain these conspiracies to them. Just present them with simple facts. Tell them, if they support you, gas prices will go down, or they will have more jobs, or they will get cheap health care. Talk to them the language they understand.

Stop flocking this website and use your time and energy to actually go out there and make change.

For you guys who are gonna reply to me about why I am using the website instead of going 'out there' myself, remember, I am merely using this as a means of communication.

Ok, I'm done, let the flaming begin

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
To some degree I agree with what you are saying but lets be honest here. That would also be the quickest way to get a bullet in the head when and if the SHTF. (like painting a target on yourself.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silencer

Sure...go ahead and pull the plug.

waiting........waiting.....still waiting......

Dude, are you gonna shut down or what?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No flaming...I agree, complacency does no one any good.

Use the site only for communicating with each other

But if we shut the site down, how or where should we go to get the news and information to assist us in taking action, not to mention the communication factor..?

Your message could have been more effective by promoting action alone...

mmaarrg idte!

[edit on 6/20/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
To some degree I agree with what you are saying but lets be honest here. That would also be the quickest way to get a bullet in the head when and if the SHTF. (like painting a target on yourself.

Well, it comes down to one thing then. Are you willing to die for your cause?? I see lot of people say that they will die fighting before they ever get chipped.

Also, We are majority compared to them. We will have more manpower. So we can beat them. Either that or they nuke every1 on the planet. So we either win or die trying.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Agreed

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I meant, if shutting down the site is too extreme, then an alternate is to use it only for communication.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencer
Gather people who are as frustrated as you are and form small groups. Then join groups from neighboring towns, cities, states, countries, etc.

in theory, it sounds good but most people don't know their next door neighbours first name, never mind the political issues moving people in neighbouring towns. for my money, i think grass roots movements are far, far more likely to start on the net these days.

Actively protest wrong decisions from your lawmakers. Don't just write a letter to them. Go stand outside their office with your group and demand change.

a) would they care and b) would they let you?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Sure, but that time hasn't come yet now has it... we at least not here in Canada.

We may have the man power but they will have the military, food, medications etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
Sun Tzu

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There is wisdom in the OP post.

While shutting down the site would be bad, mainly because we keep so up to date on all the latest info and news, and it serves as a great portal to wake others up to whats realy out there, compared to MSM.

a Grass roots movement would be interesting, but many would be lost as to how or what.. myself included, then there is the time issue.. i dont know about most, but i only get a couple hours of free time a day, if i am lucky.
I work nights, nap for a hour or two in the morning, am up with my little man during the day while the other half is working, take another nap in the evening and go to work. Weekends (wens, thurs) we run around doing all the stuff that has to get done.
But even so, it poses a good point, the problem i think is the same for everyone, where to start, what to do.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Interesting thread mate

I actually come to this site for entertainment value , I guess that would come under misc . A lot of interesting things here in other words .

But honestly , I can't see how shutting down this site will motivate people to get out there and try to convince their fellow man that the powers that be are screwing up this world , and we should rise up and try to stop them.
Of course we could all go out and try to do just that , but seriously who would listen ?
In my personal experience , alot of people just do not want to hear it .
How can you convince people to make a stand against something they are not interested in , don't believe , have completely different ideas than your own ?
You can't

Just wouldn't work .
However , places like this site is probably the one place where the curious can go too to learn a lil more than what the world has to offer , and make up their own mind , in a non confronting way .
If you try to force your ideas on people personally , they will be more inclined to reject it .
Well thats IMO ,
could be wrong of course ,

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I must say I agree with you but sadly ATS is also a fantastic source for all those people learning about situation that you speak of.

If you switch off sites like ATS all you have is the propagandist media. I mean think of the situation during ww2, people were so consumed by patriotism that they could not see what was happening in front of their nose.

I agree that ATS and other sites may be government plants however, even if only 1% of the information is true, it is 1% more than we had before. We just have to use our intuition (shudder) to pick between the crap.

Things will get worse before they get better.

We may all die, or not. It doesnt really matter in the long run. Just love one another.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
man .... we CANT change the world

most of the people in this world is DUMB

most of the people that CAN do anything about it, DOESNT CARE or ARE AFRAID to do so

little gestures cant change the world, because of my first statement

if the people that are influent start to do something, to make some kind of campaign to make people research about everything they are told ... that would be a good thing ...

Another point to this thread: I think that there is two kind of humans in this world ... the ones who think, and the other part that doesnt ... if I had a better english knowlage I would do a thread about it ... there are some people that doesnt care ... they drive drunk, they do everything without thinking in the consequences ... that just doesnt seem right ... it is a good subject for another thread

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

One big problem with your plan of action.

It requires action.

Everyone has the fight or flight mentality, the problem is that for the majority the flight part is dominate. Sure, if given the chance most here would protest, but if that protest turned violent 99% would run home.A very small percentage here, if given the oppurtunity, will ever fight our government if it did come to it.

No, its easier to sit safely behind their keyboards, then it is to actually put themselves in harms way. So in a way, they actually need ATS. Its the only place they can gain confidence and be seen as someone important without actually doing anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I understand your point, OP...that people should take Action and not just be arm-chair Revolutionaries.

Far too many people talk the talk, but so few are willing to put their money where their mouth is and walk the talk.

Actions do speak louder than words.

However, one of the greatest benefits of the Internet is the ability for Minority Groups to communicate, coordinate, and wield the same powers that only the Majority Groups or powerful Lobbyists with Deep Pockets were able to do. The ability to peacefully organize and share, to think, to act as a Think Tank, and to coordinate and act with purpose in the real world.

To me, that is why I think online Communities and Forums, such as ATS, are so important.

Even if the majority of the members are Trolls or more Bark than Bite, it still serves those who would rather choose to be Active or Proactive.

Besides, Reformation and Change never came about overnight by the actions of a few. True Change comes about slowly through the promulgation of ideas. Ideas can be a very dangerous and highly contagious things. Those with the greatest intellect understand this principle, and you will find the most influential and powerful not at the front lines of protests or revolutions, but sitting quietly behind a desk, conceiving ideas and spreading them through the written word.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
Sun Tzu

I am really liking this Sun Tzu. Is he a moderator for ATS?

Seriously, battles are fought on many different fronts. Right now (see Iran, N Korea, Obama/America) the fight is for control of information.

If we lose that then we're in deep trouble.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think you are getting emotional and forgetting about reality.
The site is only here because of its successes in other areas.
Look at other related sites and see what has happened to them.
It still provides a medium for people to discuss things and especially for people to meet, they can take it elsewhere if they like.
Why would you feel it needs to be shutdown because of personal problems with yourself?
Use the medium to do what you want to do, and if it gets to hard to do that, then take it somewhere else.
I think even suggesting this is rather not nice.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
in theory, it sounds good but most people don't know their next door neighbours first name, never mind the political issues moving people in neighbouring towns. for my money, i think grass roots movements are far, far more likely to start on the net these days.

People should get to know their next door neighbours. You don't have to move towns to form groups. Technology enables us to effectively communicate with each other.

a) would they care and b) would they let you?

You have to make them care. They will let you when there are hundreds of you and a handful of them.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am glad to see so many people replying and defending this site. The fact that you stand up to defend this site and hence your rights shows there is still hope. This is what I am talking about. We need something as extreme as shutting this site to get people to stand and say NO

See all the energy you guys have, now lets use it!!! power to the people

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join