It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to shut down ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Talking smack about America & how Americans need to "get a grip."
Some americans need to get a grip on reality!
www.belowtopsecret.com...
"""I like your 2nd post on that thread btw...Just as it seems, most Americans reading this post will guess that this thread creator is a " d!ck from UK, moron from france, Nazi from Hitlerland, islamo fascist, anit-american jihadi, freedom hater from China, loather of richest nation from Africa, scum in Latin America, stinky sh!t from Russia, leftist from Cuba "...the list is endless
this kinda sh*t really chaps my hide. I wasn't even born in this country and yes....I would die for it. I enlisted in active duty in 95.

Nothing wrong with it, most Americans still view the rest of the world as beneath them. I have never seen stereotyping as abundant as in the US.

I really hope your not in this country, and from another....people such as yourself take this country for granted for the most part.

If I am not from this country or another whr am I from? mars????

Atleast we have the RIGHT to protest, organize, and all you mentioned on OP.

First of all, that's the attitude that annoys me. You don't even know me and you think you have more RIGHTS because you are american???

Secondly, its funny that you mention it, because you are losing all your rights faster than bill gates is making money.

Why don't you consider living in a tribe then.like Africa....wear no clothes.. run around do what you want, anytime.....and you don't even have to pay taxes buddy. You'll fit right in.
If you don't like the US....GTFO!!!

Here comes the stereotypical view of Africa and it's tribes. Also, you nicely bring the US vs them mentality in your statement. As long as people like you walk this planet, humans will never reunite or make any progress socially. Did you know Egypt is in Africa? People wear clothes there and they have the history and culture which still mystifies people to this day. Please educate yourself first before you talk smack about everything non-american.

Now come and try to take my guns away.....that goes for you too Obama.

You don't need guns, you need books and a brain that is capable of carrying common sense and logic. Trust me, it will benefit you more than any gun can. Try it sometime.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

OR, perhaps THAT and the free exchange of ideas, opinions, personal ideals and information related to that which concerns you.

This is extremely important to remember. While I don't view this site as a good source of news because of it's initial stated bias of being a "conspiracy website" - that draws certain types of personalities to the site as well as the "commentaries" of the OPs interpretations and opinions of the information/falsehood (no better than a TV pundit, really).

However, while I recognize a very real danger for the misinformed (of which I am often part of - we all are to varying degrees) to be swept up in strong rhetoric and significantly damage the society we've built without effecting beneficial change if truly organized - it is the aforementioned free exchange of ideas and opinions between members that will ultimately prove beneficial. In the big picture... it always has. Though the path may be fraught with wrong turns and dangerous hazards - it is one that we must bravely traverse in order to see real change in the world.

Consider those nations or time periods when the free exchange of ideas and opinions were squelched compared to those in which they were encouraged. Consider it's effect on human rights, technology, health care, and your standard of living. Compare Dark Ages Europe to today's Europe. Compare the Islamic Golden Era to those nations today under the screw of fundamentalist dictators. Consider the difference between North Korea, and South Korea.

The free exchange of ideas promotes progress. Severing avenues of communication promotes stagnation. While I am frightened at the shortsightedness, the lack of perspective, or the vile contempt for humanity some fellow members hold, and what it may mean if organized into a powerful movement - I am hopeful that the free exchange of ideas and opinions will weigh against each other, and ultimately provide progress.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencer
Nothing wrong with it, most Americans still view the rest of the world as beneath them. I have never seen stereotyping as abundant as in the US.

Talk about making generic ignorant statements. "Most Americans" Give me a break. Most of us are simply trying to make a living and are too busy paying bills. I rarely come across ignorant Americans who think the way you feel that "Most" Americans think.

If you're going to flame somebody for making generalizations it doesn't help your argument by making even bigger and more ignorant statements.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You want people to get out and form grassroots movements? Well then let's do it!!! The only problem is that nobody believes us. I tried telling someone that China was dropping the Dollar and he insisted that that would never happen. And this is just simple stuff that's been in the news. When you tell anyone that Bankers run the world they laugh. My suggestion is to have some way for people from this site, and others if they are interested in this subject, to communicate with each other and form local organizations in their town, counties, and states to discuss these issues. Then we could take the site down and have a legit political organization. What do you all think?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This place serves an important function ... even the resident weirdos.

It was the internet which helped the Iranian people understand the real views of the outside world and to oppose their own tyrants.

It allows us to confront and question the world order which manipulates our reality. They say the pen is mightier than the sword.

If one could not use the pen at places like ATS then the alternative would be hatred and anger on the streets so no, I oppose the suggestion that ATS be closed down and people get off their bums to protest in the streets.

There are some people in this world who are professional anarchists and troublemakers. They care less about the issues and more about causing conflict. If problems can be resolved by peacefully changing public opinion then why would you choose direct confrontation ?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silencer

There is a movement at the moment above everything. It is called freedom of speech and thought.

We have the power at the moment to do what ever we want... You may think the government and other operations are trapping you, and if you generally believe that, then I think you are nieve and arragont!

One of the main reasons we are on this site is to show our understanding and gain understanding of this world, it is our choice whether to visit a website and make decisions in our life!

This thread needs closing ASAP!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

We don't need guns?

Tell that to the 20 million Soviet dissidents killed between 1929 and 1953. Their Philosophy for Dummies book didn't seem to fend off the tyranny.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If I am not from this country or another whr am I from? mars????

Hey.....can we get a round of ice waters bartender.....on silencer...Woo Hoo..
.way to go Consuales!!!!

No. I figured you're NOT from the US....because you show no respect for the US. Capish?
And that's all...

First of all, that's the attitude that annoys me. You don't even know me and you think you have more RIGHTS because you are american???:.

Ndhoh!. See how you think now?
I don't think I have more rights than anybody...better yet...just as MANY rights as anybody. If you paid attention to my post, I wrote that I'm NOT American born....just goes to show your attention span.
Quick to fire your guns tho, hu? And I don't wanna know you...quite frankly...*ahem no offense.
Who's being annoying , really now?

Here comes the stereotypical view of Africa and it's tribes. Also, you nicely bring the US vs them mentality in your statement. As long as people like you walk this planet, humans will never reunite or make any progress socially. Did you know Egypt is in Africa? People wear clothes there and they have the history and culture which still mystifies people to this day. Please educate yourself first before you talk smack about everything non-american.

Again trying to dumb me down.....double fallacy. Americans are dumb according to you, but yet you continue to dumb Americans down.....nice one.....
Stereotypical? Tribes are in Africa....how is that stereo typical?
It's YOUR attitude that casues more separation not mine. I mind my business. If you keep poking the dog with a stick, eventually he's going to bite you. Notice all your other threads.......hypocrit!
Egypt? Really? I thought it was one of the US states......somewhere in "Central America."
Stop. Seriously. You're only damaging yourself by putting other people down. What's the matter? Can't hack it now.....you're the one who started this thread. Not me. As you gracefully said it yourself: "Let the flaming begin"
& Don't tell me to educate myself. That's precisely what I do most in my days on earth.....SELF education.
Nice try tho.

Now. Are you going to ingnore me AGAIN...or are you willing to provide this thread and it's viewers of PROOF of actions you've taken to support your causes?

Because quite frankly, I don't believe you've done ANYTHING. Hence, you're a hypocrit for doing exactly what you're accusing members here of doing.

Like drilling a hole in water, isn't it Silencer?

This is your mess here. Not mine.

What else?

Or has the silencer finally silenced himself?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish

We don't need guns?

Tell that to the 20 million Soviet dissidents killed between 1929 and 1953. Their Philosophy for Dummies book didn't seem to fend off the tyranny.

Guns don't change systems. People do. If for example the people of Iran started pulling out guns then all you would achieve is a bloodbath.

The change which guns bring is usually just as violent and corrupt as the old regime which it replaces. The internet is a peaceful revolution which brings about lasting change and creates democratic consensus.

Guns don't create consensus.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jd140

I take what is posted and discussed here at ATS very seriously some times depending on what the topic is. I do however believe that because of the openness in our collective societies not just the US but all members from countries from around the world. There is a very real danger of letting go of sensitive military secrets.

That is actually the strength of the internet Slayer.

In a world where no dictatorship can keep secrets any longer, then the world becomes safer for everybody.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

Originally posted by Xtinguish

We don't need guns?

Guns don't change systems. People do. If for example the people of Iran started pulling out guns then all you would achieve is a bloodbath.

The change which guns bring is usually just as violent and corrupt as the old regime which it replaces. The internet is a peaceful revolution which brings about lasting change and creates democratic consensus.

Guns don't create consensus.

I wasn't saying that.

As George Washington has been attributed to saying (falsely or otherwise), "Guns are the peoples liberty teeth."

Let me continue from my previous post so maybe the point will become more clear.

From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. Why? In 1911 Turkey established gun control.

Germany established gun control in 1938. Do I even need to continue with this example?

China established gun control in 1935. 20 million political dissidents rounded up and killed.

Guatemala, Uganda, and Cambodia are all very similar due to establishing gun control.

Is it possible during WWII Japan decided not to invade North America because they knew many Americans were indeed armed? Can you honestly say a armed citizenry does not keep a government fearful of it's people? Is it not why the right to bear arms placed number two on the U.S. Constitution? Guns are a tool, a tool which will almost always be used by tyranny. A tool which will always be needed for liberty.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You are linking matters that have no causal relationship.

New Zealand has gun control (or rather control of nutters that love guns) and does not have millions of politically enslaved people dead.

In 1996 following a massacre at Port Arthur by a gun nutter, Australia imposed gun controls. Funny that ... Australia still has democracy.

Germany and France have gun control, but don't have authoritarian systems massacring it's people. You're connecting dots where no causal link exists.

Guns don't protect people from tyrants.

Civil political processes protect people and the internet is slowly dismantling tyranical regimes around the globe in a way that guns never have done and never could do.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Hmmm.

Correct and insightful.

But these countries are mostly Democratic. Democracies which are all under heavy attack. Yes, the United States is included in this assault. But they have to hide and sneak in our North American Union. Why is that? In an attempt not to hijack the thread any longer I will say this: I find it a hard idea to accept that the mere fact of firearms is not making things more difficult for the NWO to continue their efforts.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ok, I'm done, let the flaming begin

I am not a negative person, I used to be but not today. As I sit here and type this supposed waste of time, I would like to tell you first that I am in the middle of combating the HMRC (Her Majesties Revenue and Customs) for illegal and unlawful tax claims, (Aiding and Abbetting Genocide, ask your local LEGAL representative, and also, there is no LAWFUL claim to tax a man on labour hours worked, if you dont belive me ask a representative), not only that but I am in the middle of writing an Affidavit to the Queen regarding her situation and her inability to Govern her Nation with Lawful consent.

Now to add to your comment about closing down this site. That would be like asking a freeman to cut of his arm just so he see's that his arm was useful in the first place (Nose face kinda script).

So, without vexation or illwill. My friend put your head back into place. As each and every person takes on each piece of information, with or without regards to the effects each individual will have on each others life. I would like to ask you this. Malcom X. should he have been shut down for his opinions. What about Einstien? Look at the INSPIRING GENIUS of Nicolai Tesla, silenced an given birth to 100 years of wasted techonolgy, money, human evolution? If you were to direct me to a blog which consisted of the minds immeasurable to High school standard would we be sitting here today conversing about the ideas of people long gone without a whimper.

I am the spirit, more than the pyshical. So, to be abrupt. If you think the physical is more superior than the spirit, then YES. Cut this site to shreds an go Gun Ho at our leaders an spark a revolution. I will sit and watch it fail.

Violence is the formation of regretable circumstance. I know, fully, you as well as I are not the problem. We can easily understand this. To go out into the streets with weapons and anger is what? what "They" Expect. Do the one thing that I can see is the only real option. Is STOP consenting to the TAXATION, LEGAL FICTIONAL LAW ( NOT LAWFUL LAW, please spend some time and find the difference) YOU, yes YOU are more powerful than you could ever imagine. If you sit and say this is all a waste of time then you are right. If not. DO NOT CONSENT, Look up Governance through the Consent of the Goverened.

To say this information was given to me at birth would be the only real reason to consent to your opinion of shutting down sites like ATS. It wasn't, there is no hand book. The internet has, will and mostly set people free of there brainwashed beliefs.

I hope to you sir that I have caused no offence and you will take my words, as, written opinions you would never have seen if sites like this didn't exist.

My friend. Indeed.

G

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

That is actually the strength of the internet Slayer.

In a world where no dictatorship can keep secrets any longer, then the world becomes safer for everybody.

I agree to a point. Iran being the most recent example of a good use of the Internet. But as far as the rest. There are too many people and organizations out there that would use "sensitive" Information for alternative ambitions.

Just expressing my concerns

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If nothing is done when the information is readily available, nothing is going to be done when the information is not readily available.

I'm not going out there and doing anything. If the majority of people aren't aware of things, then it would be useless. Plus, I'm a pacifist.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The ShadeOne of the main reasons we are on this site is to show our understanding and gain understanding of this world, it is our choice whether to visit a website and make decisions in our life!

This thread needs closing ASAP!

Anyone else see the irony here.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Guns don't protect people from tyrants.

No, Guns don't protect people from tyrants. An educated public does. Guns are merely a tool, but not a solution or guarantee against tyranny. How would the American Revolution turned out if we didn't have well educated polymaths and statesmen like George Washington, Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, John Adams, Samuel Adams, Benjamin Franklin, etc. Men who could talk to foreign nations, to the American Public, to lead the Militias... men who not only had vision, but the intelligence needed to bring that vision to fruition, and the ability to impart that vision on others.

Remember also, it took a short and humble little Indian man of great intelligence not a single shot to force the British Empire from their dominion over his nation.

And this... is what is truly amazing. Our society is bursting at the seams with knowledge and education, free for all. Public libraries, schools, the internet. The entire wealth of human knowledge has been given to us, though it has not been spoon fed to you. You have to seek it out, for it's own sake and for your sake. You realize that many collages - such as MIT, Stanford, UC Berkley, etc - are taping their courses and offering them for free online? Courses such as Integrative Biology, Political Science, Cosmology, Multivariable Calculus, etc. You obviously don't get a degree, interaction with the professor, or lab privileges, but you still get the basic education.

How many have watched these videos or really taken the time to learn from them? I wonder how many will simply say, why bother... if you can't use that knowledge to get a job, or a promotion? I say, what happened to educating yourself merely for the sake of being educated? For personal growth... to better yourself, and grow as a person. To open new doors of understanding, questioning, and discovery.

Why would a government which supposedly wishes to dominate and subjugate it's populace... educate them? Why allow them access to the internet, or give them a common forum to discuss things and exchange ideas - not just in their town square... but on the world forum?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I disagree with you 100%.

...and...

I agree with you 100%

I disagree with you, on the point of shutting down this website, because everyone will go to another one, just like it, within seconds of it being shut down.

People are lazy, and hate to get off their keisters afterall.

I agree with you, on the point of getting off your collective backsides, because if you are not going to actually get out there and raise the alarm, enter politics yourself, or do something to change the world, you should just shut your mouth on here because you're doing nothing but blogging.

Vote Garfield for President 2012

To me, there is no "lesser of two evils" when it comes to politics, it's who's closest to actually telling the truth.

Can you guess who I voted for this last election?

I will give you a few clues.

He's orange, cartoon, feline, loves lasagna, kicks Odie, tortures Nermal, irritates Jon Arbuckle just because it's fun, and rarely gets out of the recliner.

You see, to me, if a politician is not going to do anything for anyone else, is going to abuse and torture the people watching him, as well as the people he or she is responsible for, and does it all for cheap laughs, well, I want that to be someone who at least is more real than 99% of the politicians on Capitol Hill.

Read about my fight against stalkers here, since I was six years old.

Left-Wing, Right-Wing, This Turkey, Knows How To Soar Like An Eagle

Become a member of the Bully Pulpit, so you can debate me politically, if you do not choose membership in the Bully Pulpit, you can only read, and not post replies.

By the way,...

Last Saturday, I met the third most important Congressman in office, and he was guarded by Secret Service.

...and...

Wednesday, I attended a Democrat event locally, even though I'm no Democrat.

I'm a registerested Independent, and they had no problem with me being there.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes I agree that many people are complacent in my opinion according to my perception. You decided they should do away with ATS to end what you deemed was complacency which would take away the right for a person to spend their time the way they want to spend it. Isn't this the kind of behavior that have many people up in arms with the government?

I'm a firm believer that change in the world can only take place when individuals make changes within themselves thusly dumping the "follow the gang" mentality. However if they want to live that way then it's there choice.

Also it's about personal perception of the world around us, one person may see it as "going to hell in a hand basket" and something to be alarmed about whilst another may see it as a world of wonder and greatness.

Lasheic I agree with your comments especially "No, Guns don't protect people from tyrants. An educated public does. Guns are merely a tool, but not a solution or guarantee against tyranny."

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Chai_An]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Chai_An]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join