It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter - Will we finally see the Moon Base?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts I know this is a conspiracy board, and wouldn't be so without exploring the more out there options.

Well it would also be easier if while presenting my side I didn't have so many 'restrictions', but meh... one has to keep ones sources happy

youse has mail

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mystr

He said that because he wanted to, I didn't gave him any permission to talk in my name.

In fact, I never liked that sentence, to me it looks like false modesty, implying that he was working in name of mankind, something to appear in the history books but that was not that important.

The human species did not advanced that much because we went to the Moon, many "smaller" things have been much more important than that.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have been waiting for an e-mail that someone said he was going to send...

On topic, did you noticed that the last photo published on the site, on August 5, was only posted on the blog and that it does not exist as TIFF file?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Phage No airplanes on the Moon.

True only space shuttles

ANYONE can see that the shadow area is just creating the shape of a wanna be space shuttle. Nice try though, see you next time.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Can I ask a dumb question relating back to the 1st Page.

If some of the recent satelites were crashed into the Moon, wouldn't this have been extensively filmed? It would be of major interest to see it happen. I mean we filmed comets crashing into Jupiter so where is the evidence of these satelites crashing into the Moon? If nothing else it would create a huge dust cloud.

Also the only way we are ever going to get any photos of the moon is to send a privately funded mission that sends raw data to a database that can be accessed by anyone via the internet. Sponsers could be used to help generate the money to cover costs.

I mean come on. Google Earth has pictures where u can see your own car on the driveway looking down through our atmosphere. We should have pictures of the moons surface where you can see individual rocks. It is time for all this bs to end.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyber_Wasp
Sure, at least you are asking permission.

If some of the recent satelites were crashed into the Moon, wouldn't this have been extensively filmed? It would be of major interest to see it happen. I mean we filmed comets crashing into Jupiter so where is the evidence of these satelites crashing into the Moon? If nothing else it would create a huge dust cloud.
That is why part of the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's mission includes crashing a Centaur rocket and register the event. See this PDF file for more information.

Also the only way we are ever going to get any photos of the moon is to send a privately funded mission that sends raw data to a database that can be accessed by anyone via the internet. Sponsers could be used to help generate the money to cover costs.
That is what NASA does, the photos will be available to the public but only from February 18, 2010. Also, considering the way corporations work, it's possible that a sponsorship would be considered as being under some pressure by some people to get specific results.

I mean come on. Google Earth has pictures where u can see your own car on the driveway looking down through our atmosphere. We should have pictures of the moons surface where you can see individual rocks. It is time for all this bs to end.
They only use what they need, and they don't need to see rocks smaller than one metre, so the camera has a resolution of 0.5 metres. That resolution is the same (or better) resolution for most Google Earth images (only more popular locations have higher resolution, and, from what I have seen, those are not from satellites but from aeroplanes).

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyber_Wasp

Google earth
your car shows up using google PLANE! or how about google street view do you think they get a satellite to fly along your street so you can see your front door.

example below

static.guim.co.uk...

Thats what happens when people assume things they see these great images on google earth they assume they are all from satellite
so that means NASA is up to something compare apples with apples find out how the pictures are taken before making any comment.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
More "rolling stones" and a strange rock formation, from photo nacl00005e30.

A rolling rock.

The strange rock formation, I think it's the first time I have seen such a straight line in a rock formation on the Moon.

An area with some rolling rocks.
(click for full size)

Another rolling rock.

The images above are respectively from the red, green, blue and yellow areas on the image below.

There's a new image today, of the Apollo 14 landing site, here.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Phage No airplanes on the Moon.

True only space shuttles

ANYONE can see that the shadow area is just creating the shape of a wanna be space shuttle. Nice try though, see you next time.

Hmmm though I had you on the slag heap
Okay just because you asked so nicely...

ANYONE can see its just a shuttle creating a shadow

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey Zorgon...can I get the source on that image please

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37f07dfcfb4c.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i read and if i wasnt a noob i'd put links in,that the Chandrayaan-1 has gone silent and there is no contact with it at all..
did a search and found nothing relating to this on here.
does anyone have any ideas as to why ect ect?
regards.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
UKDane,

A big thread is already discussing this here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back on the matter, is the craft in its final position ? I'm waiting to see the finer res pics.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
Hey Zorgon...can I get the source on that image please

Sure thing...
Clementine browser US NAVY
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Select 1 pixel=1 kilometer
Select image 768x768
Select Lat 64
Select Long 265

Click on 'Use lat/long' button

'Ship' is just right of center

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't think we will see any moon bases. Because they don't let us. why would they ?
If Armstrong was warned of the moon? Why would they show us their merchandise?

Ill bet they had see this coming. And placed some sophisticated equipment to stealth the bases.Did JAXA find anything? And the moon-colliding probe LCROSS.
Will also fail to find the seismographic evidence that moon is hollow ! . Why ? because the first seismographic readings were pure luck they didn't know we would notice! And they terminate this before it hits the dirt.

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

One more of those things that only exist in the older version of the Clementine Image Browser, in the more recent version it looks like a crater.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
rocksolidbrain , yup i see that..but i actually posted on here before that .
its all very intriguing..
Zorgon..i tried to u2u you but sadly lack the posts to do so.
regards

edit...your right rocksolid.../smack me

[edit on 30-8-2009 by UKDane]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
One more of those things that only exist in the older version of the Clementine Image Browser, in the more recent version it looks like a crater.

AH So what your saying is that we see it in the first versions... then as time goes by and they have time to 'clean up' the images... the anomaly vanishes.

Hmmm good point... I mean its not like they sent Clementine for a second look... it was only one data set

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No, if that was the case they would remove the old images, that's because the images we see on the older version of the Clementine Image Browser are not the real Clementine photos, as they say in their page.

If you want all the Clementine photos (I haven't counted them yet, but from what I have seen they are all there) you can go to this page.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Related but perhaps not thread worthy....................

India Ends Moon Mission After Losing Contact With Spacecraft

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 30-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A new image with some interesting areas (some other images have been published (and one that was not published but only a small part appeared on the blog), but they aren't as interesting) was published in September 2.

A very strange rock.
I think this is the strangest rock I have ever seen on the Moon, it's so jagged that it almost looks like a crystal (in shape). Very strange.

Or maybe it's just a trick of the light.

At first I thought it was crater, then I noticed that it had the dark area on the wrong side.
This is also new to me, a large, very dark, rock.

Another of those outcrops of white rock, those make me think that the Moon is mostly made of that white rock beneath what we see.

More rocks in a row, and these look almost like teeth.

The above photos are, respectively, the green, yellow, blue and cyan areas on the image below.

There are also many rolling rocks in this photo, but they are becoming boring, you see a rolling rock you see them all.

PS: these last photos have a higher resolution, this photo's resolution is 0.90 metres/pixel. This area is the central peak of Tsiolkovskiy.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join