It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter - Will we finally see the Moon Base?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
With all this new fuss over the moon, many have told me that each new mission will 'show us' how wrong we are..

Well we heard it with ChangE-1... we watched as the drama unfolded

Images from china's "Chang'e 1"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

China successfully launches first lunar probe

Moon conspiracies - Chang'e 1 Mission

NASA: China will likely beat us back to moon

ChangE-1 crashed into the Moon Mar 2009...

still waiting for the pictures

We heard it with Japan's "Kaguya"(SELENE)(SELenological and ENgineering Explorer) ... we watched as the drama unfolded

First Moon Picture from Japanese Orbiter

Japan launches first lunar probe

Moon images Jaxa KAGUYA mission

What drama? Well... seems we are still waiting

Japan Moon Mission KAGUYA (SELENE) not releasing HD images of far side of the moon

Kaguya crashed into the Moon Jun 19, 2009... deliberately

we are still waiting for the pictures

We heard it with India's Chandrayaan 1...we watched as the drama unfolded

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

What drama? ISRO says they took 40,000 high res pictures...

we are still waiting for the pictures

CNSA - China National Space Administration
www.cnsa.gov.cn...

JAXA - Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
www.jaxa.jp...

ISRO - Indian Space Research Organisation
www.isro.org...

Curious how all these are in ENGLISH

So now it begins again...

with the latest promises to show us what's what

LRO Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter

Lunar Spacecraft Launch to Moon!

June 18, 2009 - The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite are bound for the moon after a flawless liftoff from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida aboard an Atlas V rocket.

Powered by two liquid-fueled engines and a pair of solid-fueled boosters, the Atlas V roared off the launch pad at Launch Complex 41 to begin NASA's return to the moon missions.

NASA OFFICIAL LRO SITE
lro.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Seems this time you can request a scan of an area, so long as you have a scientific reason to do so.
Well I highly doubt asking to image the base on Farside, or the Mining Operation in Copernicus, or the Apollo 20 'alien space craft' will be considered a valid reason.

But jack from Pegasus has good reason to believe he knows where the missing Lunokhod 1 Russian rover is (based on a laser signal return) so we submitted that. Will report if we have any success.

JRA has a thread already on this;

LRO/LROC Target Observation Request

and Kano has the anti conspiracy angle covered in this thread;

Moon Landing Conspiracy, will the LRO Accomplish anything?, page 1

So I figured it was my duty to hold up the end of the conspiracy nuts

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well let's hope they release some high res images of one or all of the Lunar landing sites.

I read that this is the mission that has the capabilities to do so.

Fingers crossed.

[edit on 19/6/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
NASA watch ATS and are worried ATS knows more than them - to save face they have to do something.

Perhaps bombing the moon sets up a nice little false flag alien invasion?

Why are we letting a public sector do that without all the worlds peoples consent?

Whoever presses that button should be held responsible. And then sent to the Zetas for extensive internal probing - for a very long time.

wZn

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Well let's hope they release some high res images of one or all of the Lunar landing sites.

Haha, yeah... with photoshopped objects being inserted into the pictures.

I couldn't trust any NASA image to be a true representation of what is or isn't there.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ah yes, the LRO.....

If the images (if we even get them soon) are anything like the old Lunar Orbiter photos then that will be cool. I havent seen anything that matches the old LO photos.

Though I'm sure JL will see them and he wont be pleased no matter what, lol. This is gonna be interesting. Any dates set for the juicy release?... Knowing NASA, probably not anytime soon.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Will we finally see the Moon Base?

which one ? ours or theirs ?

remember the Moon is crawling with Aliens !

this video say's they are going to use the pictures for Google Moon

my bet is you will get the pretty pictures on the near side and that's it.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
[ex]The LRO objectives are to finding safe landing sites, locate potential resources, characterize the radiation environment, and demonstrate new technology.

lro.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Find safe landing sites? But didn't we already do that with Apollo? Sounds like deja vu...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
To answer your question... no. I don't believe we will ever see a lunar base on the moon straight from the source of the photos. Only until we get a private investor taking HD photos of the moon will we see anything. I think the governments have this thing going too strong for them to slip up and have a base in one of their photos. Remember, they have photoshop, and probably some of the best editors in the world working in these photos to cover something like that up.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I couldn't trust any NASA image to be a true representation of what is or isn't there.

True to form, mate.

I had a bet with myself as to how long some denier would show up...11 minutes!! Could be a new World's record!

Just keep chanting your mantras...if it makes you feel better.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Find safe landing sites? But didn't we already do that with Apollo? Sounds like deja vu...

Maybe this time, Z, they want to find the safe landing sites away from the alien bases that they encountered last time with Apollo?

Who knows! I'm not really being serious... just like NASA isn't being serious either.

There's only so much jerking that can be done of someone's chain.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I had a bet with myself as to how long some denier would show up...11 minutes!! Could be a new World's record!

Considering that I have been wasting most of my Saturday on ATS, I would have thought that 11 minutes was slow.

It's prudent for me not to trust NASA as an honest, reliable source. However, you can feel as free as you like, weedwhacker, to believe whatever they want to tell you and show you.

Now, did you have something to contribute to the topic or were you just baiting me for a reason?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Im surprised about how some countries are just now sending their very first moon missions.

Perhaps the moon is shifting poles and the dark side might soon be exposed as the universe nears alignment in 2012...

The moon is an odd ball indeed...

Lunar theory

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

...finding safe landing sites, locate potential resources,...

I could be mistaken, but I interpret that to imply a safe landing site at an area that also has 'resources'...?

What purpose is there to re-visit the Apollo sites? (Well, eventually for the tourist trade
).

BTW, this Moon Base already there....wouldn't it be mostly underground anyway? For thermal and radiation protection?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Since no one else seems to want to share their images, NASA are all we got.

It's better than nothing.

Having said that, if they do release images of lunar landing sites, no doubt the people who doubt man went to the moon will just claim the images are fake anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by tezzajw

Since no one else seems to want to share their images, NASA are all we got.
It's better than nothing.

I don't deny that. However, it doesn't mean that we have to believe what they show us.

It's not in NASA's best interest to let us know what they really know. Isn't NASA controlled by one of the defence organisations? Z probably knows which department pulls NASA's strings...

Is it written in NASA's charter that they have to be open and honest about everything that they do?

I have no doubt that we will see some brilliant images. Every space mission always provides new data and leads to further knowledge.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
If the bases look like a little tiny matchbook lander pasted on a Lunar
Moonscape the contra guys are sure to say foul.

I hear the flight involves an explosion just the show we made it
to the moon and not to a new Disney moon studio or Pixar
simulation (being that JPL or other unit has far more advanced
equipment an unknown place does the job).

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
with my limited knowledge base, amplified by a rather active imagination, i have drawn a hypothesis;

Is it within the realm of possibility that the Lunar laser ranging observations have been spitting out unexpected data?

such data that could only be explained by the sudden introduction of a MASSIVE object into space within few hundred million miles of earth as affected by a rather elongated orbit of a Nibru like object?

If anyone of ATS's Fine member has both the knowledge and means to track the moons movement, then i would say between now and 2012 would be the time.

As our local group of planets, as gravitationally bound to the sun, move through the milky way on the 250,000,000+/- year journey, we may encounter super structures seemingly out of reach within the realm of probability...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter - Will we finally see the Moon Base?

Simple answer - NO!

India's Chandrayaan-1 has become the only space craft orbiting the moon when the Japanese moon craft Kaguya crashed on the southern side of the moon. The Chinese lunar craft Chang'e-1, which was launched on October 24, 2007, had crashed on March 2.

Analysis of the data collected from Chandrayaan-I is expected to come out within six months according to G Madhavan Nair, chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).

Enough time to airbrush the images! But that's better than the Japanese who intend putting out theirs within 18 months from now!

They're all in it together by the way. Nothings going to come out of the previous missions or the latest LRO/LCROSS. If they had to show Moon bases they would have done it a long time ago. That's if there are Moon bases out there!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
BTW, this Moon Base already there....wouldn't it be mostly underground anyway? For thermal and radiation protection?

Excellent point!
But how about the air vents? Like these....

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Somebody said until we get somebody up there that is privatized, (no guarantees even then) would be our best shot at any "real" photo's. I agree.

When is Virgin gonna get up there?

Come on people, is it really that hard to get a high res camera off of earth and 230,000 miles away and put it into orbit around the moon, and then transmit some pics back to ATS.

I just bought this model rocket kit......a little duct tape, sony camera, and away we go......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join