It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA miffed at President Obama's fly "execution"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

PETA miffed at President Obama's fly "execution"

www.reuters.com

POLITICO (Washington) - The president has been getting lots of kudos for a lightning-fast, Mr. Miyagi-worthy swipe he employed to slay a pesky house fly that was buzzing him in mid-interview during a taping with CNBC that aired Wednesday.

"He stopped the interview to track and kill the fly," said talk show host Conan O'Brien.

"That's some pretty impressive hand-eye coordination right there," Jimmy Fallon gushed. "Makes Obama look like a bad ass."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
rest of article: "But now People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, calling it an "execution," wants the commander-in-chief to show a little more compassion to even "the least sympathetic animals."

"Believe it or not, we've actually been contacted by multiple media outlets wanting to know PETA's official response to the executive insect execution," a blog on the group's website explained. "In a nutshell, our position is this: He isn't the Buddha, he's a human being, and human beings have a long way to go before they think before they act."

The group has sent Obama a device that traps a fly so it can then be released outside.

"We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Freidrich explained.

The fly saga began Tuesday, and it was the subject of a news report on Italian TV and almost a dozen Youtube postings that have been viewed more than 750,000 times. Thousands of people also have added commentary, including one who wrote, "But can he duck a shoe?" in reference to a hugely popular video of former president George Bush ducking a shoe thrown at him by an Iraqi cameraman during a news conference in Baghdad.

"Get out of here," Obama said as the fly buzzed him during his interview. The pest persisted, and when it landed on his left forearm, Obama smacked it.

"Now, where were we?" the president said without missing a beat. Pleased with himself, he added, "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Several observers in the room gave congratulatory shout-outs. Obama pointed to the floor and instructed an obliging cameraman to get a close-up of the corpse.

"It's like he's got one of those fly Terminator targeting systems in his eyes," said an awed Jon Stewart."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh come on haven't people got better things to do. This has gotta' be a contender for most ridiculous news story ever!

These particular members of PETA makes their organisation look a complete joke, which I'm sure they do some good things as well but this is just comical.

But might I also add a bit of light entertaining news is relief from the serious stuff. But I wonder if Bruce Friedrich actually meant it as a joke.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A fly?
Are they serious?
PETA is just a bunch of overreacting loonies.(IMO)

How is this even news?
No further comment needed.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Go Obama

Go Obama

Go Obama

That man is the one president this Brit respects...

You hear that he stopped a conferance in order to delivery what you yanks call "tardy note" to this girl who was out of class? Then he terminates a fly! What can he do to N Korea? Arm westle Kimmy?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
it was probably a terrorist fly..... TWACK osama fly!

the presidents under attack!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X1

Perhaps a case of the President being Bugged?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Why is People Eating Tasty Animals even involved in such lunacy?

Never mind, I figured it out ...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OMG I knew it, this is absolute proof that Obama is an android. His programers should have made him more careful to hide it

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
These are the same folks that wanted a team called spearfish (the name of their town) to change the teams name to pink kitty I believe it was. So not surprised at all. I want to know if they started up about it or did they feel obligated to mention it sense some reports asked them about it before they posted anything. If that's the case I think their just covering their buts by saying they didn't approve just to keep from upsetting the more overzealous members.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Please add to existing discussion Here

Closed

top topics

join