It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ritalin ADHD Drug Linked to 500 Percent Increased Risk of Sudden Death in Children

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Ritalin ADHD Drug Linked to 500 Percent Increased Risk of Sudden Death in Children


www.naturalnews.com

According to scientific research funded by the FDA and the National Institute of Mental Health, drugs such as Ritalin increase the risk of sudden death by five hundred percent among children and teens.

In these cases of sudden death, the child suddenly collapses and dies, only to be discovered later by parents or siblings. That's what happened to Matthew Hohmann in 2004
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I find this completely amazing that it isn't being reported in the MSM! Of course I am not shocked nor am I surprised in any way but I hope that I am not the only one appalled that this finding isn't being spread across all the news outlets. Okay with that outburst out of the way maybe I can share a story about my own expeince with ADHD. My youngest son was diagnosed with having ADHD, they wanted to prescribe him Ritalin in small doses to balance out his behavior and hyper energy. Luckily I had (yes, had lol) a wife that didn't jump on the panic wagon willing to go along with the pressure tactics they were spewing on us both and after discussing all the options we decided to try a change in our childs diet, choice of activities and the right amount of sleep. Needless to say he is now a very happy, active, loving, aware, drug free indigo 12 year old. (Please don't attack the indigo comment) that enjoys all sports, has lots of friends and is a pleasure by all to be around. Thank God we didn't listen to the Dr.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb


I find this completely amazing that it isn't being reported in the MSM! Of course I am not shocked nor am I surprised in any way but I hope that I am not the only one appalled that this finding isn't being spread across all the news outlets. Okay with that outburst out of the way maybe I can share a story about my own expeince with ADHD. My youngest son was diagnosed with having ADHD, they wanted to prescribe him Ritalin in small doses to balance out his behavior and hyper energy. Luckily I had (yes, had lol) a wife that didn't jump on the panic wagon willing to go along with the pressure tactics they were spewing on us both and after discussing all the options we decided to try a change in our childs diet, choice of activities and the right amount of sleep. Needless to say he is now a very happy, active, loving, aware, drug free indigo 12 year old. (Please don't attack the indigo comment) that enjoys all sports, has lots of friends and is a pleasure by all to be around. Thank God we didn't listen to the Dr.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



You're joking right? You "changed his diet, activities, and made him have a proper sleep at night"... and you are now claiming that it "cured" him, and that he is now "very active, loving and aware"?

Proper parenting can not accomplish those things, only prescription pills can. I hope you've had your foolish statements evaluated by the FDA or your gonna be in big trouble mr.

good day.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072




You're joking right? You "changed his diet, activities, and made him have a proper sleep at night"... and you are now claiming that it "cured" him, and that he is now "very active, loving and aware"?

Proper parenting can not accomplish those things, only prescription pills can. I hope you've had your foolish statements evaluated by the FDA or your gonna be in big trouble mr.


I love it, your too awesome "King9072" ty for posting



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072
 


What?

Of course it is important , it is also a kind of preventive medicine. You have to keep your life in balance. Your diet and habits are VERY important , any doctor can tell you that.

Go ahead and eat junk food all day and stop sleeping , see what happens.
It will weaken your body to a great extent , leaving you open and vulnerable.
It can also lead you to many disfunctions ... sometimes simply changing your diet can have a tremendous impact in your own health.


I find it funny when people thinks pills are the solution. Those should be used only in an EXTREME case of necessity , they are much more invasive than simply changing your unhealthy habits and have ALWAYS side-effects.

Funnier yet is the fact that you discredit that person's experience simply with your denial , go get yourself better informed before you do this please.

You are what you eat my friend , literally.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas
 


No, no, no.... "King" was messing with me, it's all good. Great post though and I'm sorry it got you that upset enough to defend little ole me...


[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Oh , I see.

Sorry then


Though , others could take it seriously , I certainly feel better that king was sarcastic.

I feel bad that there are actual real people out there that may think like that though.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb
 


Star to you.

Far from attacking the indigo comment, I am in full support of it.

I have always maintained that drugging so-called 'difficult' children is obliterating their indigo/rainbow/crystal abilities and is actually child abuse.

It is also abuse of the planet as they are here for a purpose.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas
 


Point very well taken and again it's all good... Keep up the fight and speak out to defend the wrongs of the world every time.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Rams59lb
 


Star to you.

Far from attacking the indigo comment, I am in full support of it.

I have always maintained that drugging so-called 'difficult' children is obliterating their indigo/rainbow/crystal abilities and is actually child abuse.

It is also abuse of the planet as they are here for a purpose.


All I can say to that is Kudos to you my friend. My son is such a pleasure to be around, he is so in tuned with everything around him and yet is a star player on is football time. It's great to watch him lay a hit on the QB or RB and still take the time to help them up lol.
ty for the post


[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas
reply to post by king9072
 

What?

Of course it is important , it is also a kind of preventive medicine. You have to keep your life in balance. Your diet and habits are VERY important , any doctor can tell you that.

Go ahead and eat junk food all day and stop sleeping , see what happens.
It will weaken your body to a great extent , leaving you open and vulnerable.
It can also lead you to many disfunctions ... sometimes simply changing your diet can have a tremendous impact in your own health.


I find it funny when people thinks pills are the solution. Those should be used only in an EXTREME case of necessity , they are much more invasive than simply changing your unhealthy habits and have ALWAYS side-effects.

Funnier yet is the fact that you discredit that person's experience simply with your denial , go get yourself better informed before you do this please.

You are what you eat my friend , literally.


This was such a great post I had to reply to it again... Allowing your child to be dumbdowned by meds has proven to open doors to depresion and unpredictable behavior. Pretty scary stuff...



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm either tired or possibly stupid...where is the source that claims a link to a 500% increase of sudden death? I checked through the article twice. I hovered the links and couldn't find the study that supports the article. A 2004 ABC news page and maybe 30 links to other pages on Natural News is all I can see.

'So-called ADHD' kinda implies a slight possibility that the site is unsupportive of the ADHD diagnosis? I see they're selling "98% organic" shampoo for $75. No conflicting interests there then



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky
 


Hmm, I hear ya and respect your point of view but once again I guess the message gets lost in the piles of reports making it clearly obvious that Ritalin is linked to increased deaths in children? I guess I'll hold this messenger down as you take aim and shoot...


Great post. ty



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When I saw the title of this article I thought back to the time when they attempted to put me on Ritalin when I was 5...

I turned into a demon, throwing crayons at my mother, using every bit of foul language I had picked up from my brothers and when she began to cry, telling her that she was just getting what she deserved...

My father almost killed me when he came home early from work that day...

Needless to say, my close brush with "Sudden Death" caused my parents to take me off of Ritalin immediately...



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
.........indigo child

i'm sorry, you said not to bash, but COMMON! he has ADHD, hes not a saint. off the pedestal now, please.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb
 
Whoah! Not shooting any messengers...just asking them to source their claims! Not your claim...the website.

Big claims like "500% higher risk of sudden death" needs context. Getting in the bathtub increases your chances of sudden death too. Without context or source, it's just a webpage making up numbers (80% less likely to die from a meteorite... ) If it's referring to medication it's only fair that people have all the information.

In my experience ritalin and concerta aren't for everyone, but they do work for some. Unbalanced scaremongering a la 'Natural News' is reckless.

A guy has made millions in S Africa by telling people HIV/AIDs is a vitamin deficiency and anti retrovirals cause death. Funnily enough, his business is mass production of vitamin tablets



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky
 


I wasn't offeneded by your post, your point is very well taken but I still think the message is not getting past the huge wall when most everybody has agenda. Mine is only to make people aware of their choices and to have open and honest debate... Great post ty for sharing.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X1
 


Ah, no he no longer is medically considered having ADHD and I respect your right to your opinion obviously not based on fact... ty for sharing.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 


"Hunka" my man, nice to see you par-take in the discusion. ty for sharing as usual...



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have ADHD and i took Ritalin from 7yrs old 21yrs old at maxed dosage
im still alive in my 40's it can however supress your hormones not a good thing.




top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join