It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Warns U.S. of 'Thousand-Fold' Military Action

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

N. Korea Warns U.S. of 'Thousand-Fold' Military Action

www.foxnews.com

"If the U.S. and its followers infringe upon our republic's sovereignty even a bit, our military and people will launch a one hundred- or one thousand-fold retaliation with merciless military strike," the government-run Minju Joson newspaper said in a commentary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Bold bold statements from both sides, U.S. and NK...

This is the response from Kim Jong regarding Obama's statement of NK being a grave threat. At this point in the game, things are not going to get anything but worse I am afraid.

A new president in the white house that is going to have to show that he does mean business to these types of threats..

A crazy power hungry madman that wants to leave a legacy of grand things to his son before leaving power...

These two ingredients makes for a recipe of disaster IMHO.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I wish news media would stop reporting North Korean BS. Please medias, only report ACTION by NK, cut the BS. We're not north koreans, we know what NK is capable of... nothing much outside of attacking SK and maybe blowing up one japanese nuclear power plant with a rodong missile.

They can't hit the US with anything, nor launch a nuke using a missile.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
we just need to ignore that moron. he would probably kill himself for us if he felt so unloved....er uh...hated.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You are forgetting the 28,000 troops stationed at his front door.

Kim Jong does not have to hit our soil to kill plenty of U.S troops to try and make his point.

He does not have to hit us all the way over here, but most people don't think about the fact we have U.S. men and women in harms way from him right at this second.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If they should choose to do something so incredibly stupid as to attack the US, then perhaps 'Dear Leader' will receive a phone call such as this:

Idle threats, if you ask me. But then again...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I agree that NK is a whiney baby seeking world attention and the MSM is giving it to them. However, they do have the capability of transferring nuclear tech/materials to nations who do not like the U.S. and their allies. Interesting poker game... is the short-stack bluffing?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I wish news media would stop reporting North Korean BS. Please medias, only report ACTION by NK, cut the BS. We're not north koreans, we know what NK is capable of... nothing much outside of attacking SK and maybe blowing up one japanese nuclear power plant with a rodong missile.

They can't hit the US with anything, nor launch a nuke using a missile.

They will continue to do this, until the vast amount of population is indoctrinated into a consensus that a war is a justifiable cause.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

You are forgetting the 28,000 troops stationed at his front door.

Don't forget the 10,000,000 people that live in Seoul, the countless North Koreans who would be killed, and all of the other deaths that would be a result of this conflict. The human toll of a North Korean attack will be devastating.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JRSB

But what does NK have that the U.S. wants?

I mean, Iraq is obvious with the oil and all. U.S. protects oil everywhere.

What does NK have other than threats? No reason to spend resources there as far as I can see. Unless it's just a quick bombing of facilities and then outta there.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

North Korea is an easy candidate for triggering WWIII. You can bet the farm that some of the warmongers in power want nothing more than to bring the entire world into a global conflict. This would end our global financial crisis and make certain people vast sums of money. North Korea itself has nothing but they are a means to an end that some people desperately want. That is what worries me.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

O M G

NO NO NO

We DON'T know what they're capable, we have an IDEA of what their NUCLEAR capabilities are. I repeat, for the HUNDREDTH time, they have bio-weapons, and they scare much much more than nuclear weapons.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Good point and perhaps they are a puppet. So, does China invade Taiwan once NK goes crazy with SK or US?

Isreal and Middle East neighbors not having fun at the same time...

Something brewing here

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That's why I said attack South Korea. I included the US troops, SK troops and SK civilians.

I suggest we bomb North Korea with food, especially the border and concentration camps. If little Kim starts something, nuke only his palace in the capital and bomb his missile launch pad + missile research facility + nuclear power plant.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Maybe Major Head Games was right for once? Anyone remember him saying in 1999 that that next nuclear device to be used in anger would be North Korea against South Korea? plucky remembers, but then again, I barely remember a time when Ed Dames was never full of poo.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Obviously, this is just pure speculation from my own perverse pessimistic mind. I would think that if the green light is given to kicking off WWIII, then all bets are off. I would expect China to take back Taiwan, Israel to strike Iran, pretty much every country to start taking up sides and trying to capitalize on the situation. Ugly times for sure and I hope it doesn't happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I love how everything lil kim announces is super dramatic. I think he finally got a version of team america and wants to steal some of the lines from the movie.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm shivering in my boots, how ever will I sleep tonight?
North Korea can go suck on a lemon, there is nothing they can do to us. Before they could even type in the launch codes they would be turned into dust.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

About a year ago I'd say 'no way' but with the collapse of the U.S economy, all bets are indeed on their way too 'off'. I don't like the trend.

I'm going to sleep now to have some nice nightmares before the next workday. Thanks a bunch Karl

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

NK change the bloody record,in business you either put up or shut up.Its like the country who cried wolf.The best thing you can do with this character is just ignore him .And if he steps out of line give him a slap,metaphorically speaking of course.Our lot invaded Iraq for a hell of a lot less. Can't we just send them some strategically placed bunker busters and wipe their nuclear capability of the map.Problem solved.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by tarifa37]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join