It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange sleep paralysis experience last night

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis since I was about 10 years old, and I am now 22. Some of the experiences were truly horrific to say the least.

My very first "attack" happened one night as I woke up and had the overwhelming sense of dread wash over me, and what I can only describe as electric pulses going through my brain, BOOM...BOOM.
Hard hitting surges that were unbearable. I soon realized I couldn't move a muscle except for my eyes, and after about 15 seconds of this I could see out of the corner of my eye two very tall and skinny black beings move toward my bed.

They pretty much floated as though they had no legs, and one reached down and touched my side. As soon as this happened my eyes shut automatically and I immediately started to dream about elephants, all the while I was still "awake" and absolutely terrified. It seemed to me that this dream of elephants was imposed into my mind to calm me down or something, and then I came out of that and my eyes opened to see these tall black beings moving for my door.
I managed to say out loud "Mum?" and the stopped for a second then faded into nothing.

Since then, I have had snake beings whisper into my ear in a foreign language, a running bent-over entity forcibly thrust a tentacle up my spine, had auditory hallucinations of tingling music, had my consciousness pulled up and out of my body but my "head" still being stuck in my physical head so my astral feet were pointing at the roof... This ALL happens during the few minutes of paralysis.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I actually joined this site purely for this thread.
I'm a nineteen-year-old from Ireland and I've had "episodes" for the past two years without knowing what was happening to me. I told my parents and was brought to the doctor and then referred to the hospital for a CT scan for fear of epilepsy.
When my CT scans turned out normal the doctors accused me of seeking attention.
It's only after my twin sister found the image "The Nightmare" which depiscts Sleep Paralysis in the form of a goblin sitting on a woman's chest that I looked into SP.
After reading the wikipedia page and googling various sites, it is the personal experiences of this thread that have concvinced me that I too experience SP.
It's just as all the other members have described; I'm wide awake and unable to sleep, not even groggy. One second I'm fine, then I experience something like my ears popping (like in an airplane) or a pulsing in my head, for want of a better description. After that it's as though something is 'sitting' on my chest; I can only breathe very shallowly and rapidly and I'm unable to even speak, though I have tried to call out. If it happens whilst my eyes are closed, then I can't open them and the same vice versa; if my eyes are open I can't even blink. Also, it doesn't just happen whilst I'm sleeping on my back, it also happens if I lie on my stomach.
I can go up to a couple of months with absolutely no SP experience, but I can have multiple episodes in one night, with a high of five episodes straight after each other.

No one else in my family has ever experienced SP, not even my identical twin sister, and there is no history of narcolepsy or any other sleep-related conditions in my family.

It's just such a relief to finally know what's wrong with me and also that others have had similar, if not the same experiences.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Kisara because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2011 by Kisara because: Spelling mistakes

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I, too, have experienced sleep paralysis and still live in fear when I go to bed at night it will happen again. That is how frightening this phenomenon is to those who have experienced it. I remember sharing my experience with many people, but not a single person could relate to what I was saying. I ended up being terribly embarrassed for divulging my strange dream. Without any logical explanation, I thought I was possessed by a demon for years. I was only able to get answers to all of my questions when the internet came into our lives. What a relief to know that I was not alone. During my sleep paralysis I saw a huge silhouette of a rams head in my window that had a demonic presence that haunts me to this day. Anyone else see something similar? I feel for you if you did.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kisara

I also joined years ago just because of this subject. I wandered into ATS late one night and found an active thread on sleep paralysis. It has been discussed many times on this site. Aren't you glad you are not alone?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have had many unusual dreams. Even in your dream state, your soul cried out for intervention. I believe some helper, angel, guardian angel came to your assistance. I have called out to Archangel Michael and Shiva in my sleep, when being chased or attacked. I had a dream where I was moving about, some kind of astral travel, and was being chased by some evil entity. This entity had me pinned down somehow and I was struggling. Suddenly a young girl appeared wearing luminous blue clothing and some kind of luminous blue jewelry, called to another person to help, and then I woke up.
Both the Theosophical Society and Scientology teach that one can astral travel, that is be conscious while you move about in your astral body.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echelon117
I have had sleep paralysis since I was about 10 years old, and I am now 22. Some of the experiences were truly horrific to say the least.

My very first "attack" happened one night as I woke up and had the overwhelming sense of dread wash over me, and what I can only describe as electric pulses going through my brain, BOOM...BOOM.
Hard hitting surges that were unbearable. I soon realized I couldn't move a muscle except for my eyes, and after about 15 seconds of this I could see out of the corner of my eye two very tall and skinny black beings move toward my bed.

They pretty much floated as though they had no legs, and one reached down and touched my side. As soon as this happened my eyes shut automatically and I immediately started to dream about elephants, all the while I was still "awake" and absolutely terrified. It seemed to me that this dream of elephants was imposed into my mind to calm me down or something, and then I came out of that and my eyes opened to see these tall black beings moving for my door.
I managed to say out loud "Mum?" and the stopped for a second then faded into nothing.

Since then, I have had snake beings whisper into my ear in a foreign language, a running bent-over entity forcibly thrust a tentacle up my spine, had auditory hallucinations of tingling music, had my consciousness pulled up and out of my body but my "head" still being stuck in my physical head so my astral feet were pointing at the roof... This ALL happens during the few minutes of paralysis.

That's really scary and creepy. Ive had plenty of dreams where I'm being chased by spaceships but they never catch me.
You can tell your subconscious mind to call to guardian angels, Jesus or someone safe to rescue you during those times. It does work. I like Archangel Michael because he has a giant sword, and Shiva because he is the Destroyer of Evil.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlx237
Ahh yes! I too experienced such an occurence at the young age of 5, and 11 years later at 16. Such occurences have been both pleasant and frightening. I have very vivid hallucinations that accompany my paralysis, and an overwhelming feeling of being watched. The first few in my childhood were pleasant..a fairy would appear over my bed and I recall trying to reach out and grab it. To my dissapointment, I was unable to move and instead watched the little blue fairy drift out of my room...smiling as it went. Soon after I experienced bouts of more frightening paralysis. Toys that ceased to exist at all, would be animated and dance around my room when I tried to sleep. It was strange because the feeling was not a pleasant one and it was like I was being taunted.

Now, at the age of 16, im forced to sleep with both TV on and light due to frightening occurences that have occured in my room. (oddly enough I am in the same room now I was in as a child). The childhood experiences hadnt crossed my mind in years. One night I was sleeping normally, when suddenly I felt a protective force wake me. I suddenly felt incredibly frightened and had an overwhelming feeling something was wrong. I looked around my room and everything appeared normal..until I looked at my TV screen. A red aura was circling inside my (then, turn off) TV..and slowly in the hazy swirl a face appeared. It was unfamiliar but detailed to say the least. As my heart began to race, the face faded and was instead replaced by a very small man behind my TV. He was about 3 feet in height and all I could see of him was the hat he was wearing peaking above my TV...almost as if he was hiding from me. I tried to turn my lamp on, but I realized I was unable to move. It felt like Gullivers Travels, and I had small invisible strings tied horizontally across my body. With the small range of motion I had, I grabbed my cell phone laying on my bed. It slipped and fell onto the floor...so I opted for my iPod. I twisted my hand and shined the light across my body and suddenly everything disappeared. Oddly enough, while still holding my iPod, the cell phone I "dropped" was sitting on my bed next to me, never touched....

Whatever was in my room, or in my head, that night scared me so bad I now suffer from accute insomnia...and almost every night feel like im being watched by both good and bad entities in my room. I am searching for answers but it all seems trivial. I just hope this fear subsides, as I have been getting more frustrated with this all.

any advice would be much appreciated.

Yes call to Jesus if that is who you relate to. He did command legion to leave. That is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, to command entities to leave a person. I've noticed a number of people on this thread have also called to Jesus. There are many angels, archangels, ascended and cosmic beings to call upon.

"Isaiah 65:23, 24 & Isa.45:11

"They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. An it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." Isa.45:11, "Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, ‘Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.’"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join