It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange sleep paralysis experience last night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hey guys,

It has been a while since I had a sleep paralysis, and last night it came again. I actually was not able to sleep, and when I was in this state, I was fully alert, looking up at the ceiling, the light from outside coming in was dusk. I also remember looking out the window before this happened, at a big star that up in the sky, and I kind of looked at it for a minute, cause it was the sole star up there.

When it started, I was just laying face up, looking at the ceiling when all of a sudden I feel some heavy pressure on my chest, it was so strange, because nothing was on me, but this was some intense pressure up there, nowhere else on my body except for my chest, it was pretty weird, as this is the first time I have experienced it as just a pressure weighing predominantly on the chest and shoulder area. I had to get out of it so I said in my head " God please, Jesus get me out of this" and then I heard a voice say something like- a male voice say something, now I don't remember the exact words, but it seemed like he told somebody else " Get her out..." Like telling somebody to stop my paralysis state. Right after, I heard some weird sounds, like binaural beats wavelenghts or something, some buzzings and pop, all of a sudden I'm unparalyzed.

The thing I have been asking myself all night, is whoever these entities are, if they have some sacred rule that, when the paralysis victim cries for God's help, their is a universal understanding, or telepathic empathy that we are seeking mercy from an entity that we believe wholeheartedly is full of love and saves us all.

Because I think, wether they be aliens or other dimensional humans, the concept of a merciful savior could be rampant in all the universe as a simple concept.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sounds like SP to me all right. Some of the weirdest stuff you will ever have happen to you happens when your brain is disabling your muscle groups. You really aren't supposed to be conscious in that period, but in rare cases one does still remain conscious and experiences it.

I remember the first time I was in a state of SP, it scared the living daylights out of me.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've had a lot of Sleep Paralysis, and I was fully alert this time, absolutely, moving my eye balls at the ceiling, was fully awake, because only minutes ago from it, I had gone to the bathroom. Whatever happened to me was imposed upon me, I've taken Psychology, I know about REM sleep and the stages, but this, it's just odd, and the voice and buzzing, I mean, I know what I was hearing, and it was just an unusual experience.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Read Graham Hancock's Supernatural which is about the possibility that some people are hardwired to visit another reality altogether. It is fascinating and many of the similarities between the experiences of shamans and "abductees" are the exact same.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Hi there
I don't think it's sleep paralysis.
I had a similar experience. The whole thing about it is the voice in your head...its not just a voice its a "personality" you know if its male or female. Without actually hearing anything "audibly".

Just curious.
But do you happen to notice the whole 11:11 thing?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yea,sp is kinda scary somtimes i used to havea lot,like 6 times a nite,and i used to see aliens when it would happen,but ever since i had a spiritual awaking,every sp has turned into a obe,and i would travel to this other world

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I don't think that you were snapped out of your paralysis by aliens, angels, other-dimensional beings, or anything like that. I'm pretty sure it happened naturally.

In case you aren't familiar with it, the chest is one of the most common places people experience pressure during sleep paralysis, which, coupled with hypnagogic hallucinations, lead to the development of the Old Hag - a sleep phenomenon that can explain a great deal of night 'encounters' with immaterial or alien beings.

Auditory hypnagogia is also a common phenomenon with sleep paralysis. I've heard my fair share of voices during sleep paralysis episodes, and I'm pretty close to positive that they originate inside your head and not from some other entity.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have been a victim of sp several times. After experiencing it as an adult I researched it quite a bit and found scientific explanations for the entire experience. I have never had aural hallucinations but I have felt a tingling from the base of my spine radiating up my back right before I gained muscular control and that fits the scientific explanation. The only thing I can't explain is why so many of the hypnogogic hallucinations are similar between people (old hag, grey aliens etc.)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It happened to me too. First I thought I died, then about a minute after feeling the crushing pressure on my entire body I resisted and screamed in my head STOOOOP. And it did.
Hard to tell what’s real and what’s not...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
When it started, I was just laying face up, looking at the ceiling when all of a sudden I feel some heavy pressure on my chest, it was so strange, because nothing was on me, but this was some intense pressure up there, nowhere else on my body except for my chest, it was pretty weird, as this is the first time I have experienced it as just a pressure weighing predominantly on the chest and shoulder area. I had to get out of it so I said in my head " God please, Jesus get me out of this" and then I heard a voice say something like- a male voice say something, now I don't remember the exact words, but it seemed like he told somebody else " Get her out..." Like telling somebody to stop my paralysis state. Right after, I heard some weird sounds, like binaural beats wavelenghts or something, some buzzings and pop, all of a sudden I'm unparalyzed.

That sounds like you were having an OBE. Have you see this video on using sleep paralysis to intentionally have OBEs?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAB19
yea,sp is kinda scary somtimes i used to havea lot,like 6 times a nite,and i used to see aliens when it would happen,but ever since i had a spiritual awaking,every sp has turned into a obe,and i would travel to this other world

Just curious what awakened you spiritually?
And
What was/is this other world like, could you describe it for us?
Thanks!

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Hey you know i have been going through the exact same thing that you have stated.the exception is that i hear a loud buzzing sound which i sometimes refer to as the sound of silence but amplify to a much louder sound, then you feel like someone is applying pressure but it's a force like no other i have felt .My eyes are close and i am in a sleep but i am awaken to the sound i have mentioned.There is this feeling of being scared it just composes you, but i do chant a few mantras i have learned through my child hood days and it eventually goes away, i have been wondering if anyone else has experienced this.Now i see that you have, i am wondering if it's just the beginning of things to come in the future of the unexplained.Does anyone offer any other ideas or answers to this.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It is so strange to fall onto this thread today as last night I went through a very similar experience. I was laying on my bed at around 3h00 am, my hands joined together on my chest with my eyes closed. I lost track of time but I remember being conscious and all of a sudden this paralysing pressure on my chest, it didn't choke me or get me out of breath it was more like getting pushed through my own physical body.I started earing this crackling sound in my ears then came the same binaural beats you spoke of. The beats where getting more intense and it freaked me out a little so I opened my eyes and the sounds started fading away but it took about a minute before I could move my body. After a couple of minutes of wondering what the hell that was all about I layed back and tried to induced the same feeling again. It only took about 2 minutes, the pressure came back and so did the sounds but this time I welcomed the experience until the binaural beat's intensity reached a peek point. I then started seeing flickering lights and silhouettes through my eyelids and I clearly heard a men's voices saying ''No....he's deceitful'' which honestly scared the # out of me and made me open my eyes to snap out of it. Again it took a minute before I could move my body around. It really shook me.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As i am remembering bits and pieces of my experience,the sound that i heard actually paralyzed me and you could not move for that period of time the funny thing is i hear some say they heard a voice i did not maybe it did not last long and i had this happen to me about three night in a row.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
sry i im so late on the post its kinda of long story so ill try and make it short,ill prolly make a thread about it when i get a chance to explain it more in detail but one day i was watching tv and i was so tired of having sp,and i started to ask why is this happening to me,why cant i just sleep normal,at this point i had it 6 times a nite and i felt like i was dying,i was depressed,sleep deprived..and had suicidal thoughts,and for some reason meditate just poped in my mind,i never mediated before in my life,i just did what ppl did in the movies(clear my mind i guess)and as i started i got sum wierd tingling sensations that started at my feet and started to go up to my spine and it felt good,then i started to see a light and then i went into panic mode and basically i went and did research and saw that i had open up kundalini energy/chi/prana ect..samething i guess with different names and i went through hell and back,google kundalini awaking and you will read about the good and bad thing that happen with that as far as my mental health,overwhelming energy,panic attacks,seizures,paranormal experiences

but first time i went to these other worlds i woke up to this tunnel with a white light at the end on my ceiling and at the time i was dealing with the new overwhelming energy i had gained,it was to much for me to handle i literally couldnt function with it,as i went into the light i was in this beautiful world,it had flowers everywhere perfect grass,tree,white beachs with pure clear water and the sky was pink and yellow and blue.Everything there had a aura around it that glowed,really magical place,i cant really compare it to anywhere on earth,since earth doesnt have glowing trees
so im floating there in the sky and i hear a voice that says let go,i couldnt tell weather it was a male or female because the voice was strong and confident but at the same time soft and comforting but i knew it was talking about the energy that was driving me crazy,so i took a deep breathe and surroundered and then the voice said this may hurt,then i was engolfed in flames,i curled in a ball while floatin in the air and i was screaming in pain,i could see my skin crusting and falling off,and it stated to die down and when i opened my eyes,i was shocked to see new skin that was glowing,perfect skin,all the scars i had went away,it was like i became apart of the world i was at u kno but when i got back to mybody and woke up i realized that the energy went down,i couldnt feel it,i was normal,yea so im not crazy anymore im fine,ive past all the bad stuff

ive ben there a total of 4 times since Dec of 09,i was taught how to heal and ive been to a library where i was shown a book on my life,and i also played there lol(flying/exploring)

sry that was so long lol

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The thing I have been asking myself all night, is whoever these entities are, if they have some sacred rule that, when the paralysis victim cries for God's help, their is a universal understanding, or telepathic empathy that we are seeking mercy from an entity that we believe wholeheartedly is full of love and saves us all.

It's possible. I have had SP a few times. Each time, though, I fought with all of my will power to sit up and broke out of it on my own. When that overwhealming fear hits, I do everything I can to move again.
However, my mother has told me a few times about what happened to her once. She was on the couch watching tv when she heard a growling by her right ear. When she heard the growl she became paralyzed and couldn't even breathe. She told me that she just kept praying to God and in a few seconds she was able to breathe and move again, and she saw a black cloud go out the window. So... praying seemed to work for her.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Ill give you a star for that post and flag it! Its so weird to read of someone with a similar experience. You seem to know more about this than I do... If you want to then please have a look at my thread "Stange dreams of being paralized".. I'm keen to hear what you think, I realy thought I was being haunted by something..Ive never heard the voice though but I can relate to being unparalised when 'asking' for help,( I couldnt talk I just thought it).

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

Give you a star for that post, what an amasing story! I've tried meditating but cant seem to concentrate enough to block everything out!

Have fun on your future trips! x

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This happened to me just the other night for the first time in YEARS, the last time was right before 911...

I saw this woman with white hair that had big black chunk streaks in it.... I think there was music too, and a lot of voices like a party...and a bonfire I think??

When I started freaking a bit, a nicer, comforting younger guys voice said "mellisa wake up".. and I started to come out of it....

As for the white light thing..... there was a somwhat pinkish/yellow light comming down earlier tonight while I was still completley mobile and typing and everything...

The light felt different from SP though... it felt kinda loving and comforting, and cleansing...

I did pray tonight for the first time in a lonnnnng time though.....

[edit on 22-6-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
thx,i meant to say DEC 08 lol i also gained some physic abilities lik,see auras,telekinesis,sometimes i hear spirits,but its all relative to how much my third eye is open,only thing that is constant for me is auras,i see them 24/7......but only bad thing about going to the other world is coming back,i almost go into a depressed state for lik day or 2

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join