It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC turns programming over to Obama; news to be anchored from inside the White House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

ATS does have a very receptive audience, so I'm sure we can be updated with a quick YouTube posting or thread response recapitulating the entire event in just a few sentences.

Of course, if Charlie Gibson bows to President Obama like Brian Williams did, I may have to throw up in my mouth a little bit.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Of course, if Charlie Gibson bows to President Obama like Brian Williams did, I may have to throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I think I just did throw up in my mouth a little bit. Brian Williams probably bowed because he was afraid Obama would make him pass out.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wish them luck in selling this plan to the people.

President Obama makes this health care reform issue a top priority, and if you listened to his speech to the AMA he makes it sound like the fix for the economic decline. Reforming health care will fix the economy?

I thought bailing out the banks, auto companies, financial institutions etc was going to do that?

What will be next?

All Americans must have their taxes doubled, tripled if earning above $250,000, and all Americans will work for the United States government either in full time, part time, or voluntary jobs or their taxes will go even higher!

Hey that could work, and help pay for all of these incredibly stupid massive spending and reform plans.

Tune in to WHTV for more...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well - this does help provide a more clear answer to sometimes debated questions here on ATS.

Is the MSM in the tank for Obama?

Its looking more and more like the answer is a clear "Yes" for the most part. They really aren't even trying to hide it anymore..

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

No hiding indeed.

It seems like I can't be dubbed a conspiracy-theorist by many of my friends any longer. Most of what I have been harping and drumming seems to be unfolding. I don't look like an idiot any more...I just have to print out headlines and articles to do the talking for me.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

all medea outlets have been owned by the elitists who run the world. tehy started the news television phenomenon from the beginning. But they didnt blatantly and agressively admit it or do it out in the open. they at least had the balls to keep it fairly secret and deniable. But his take over is just up front and in our face. his is a harsh reality you will expect to see amongst all news outlets with in the next four years.Kill your tv burn your news papers.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PINDARFOX12

Those that believe in the Illuminati or Bilderberg group would like believe with you and I on this topic for sure.

I wonder about other international modes of media. I know very little about the BBC in Europe. Is that also a state-run, state-controlled media outlet? Does the trend apply to them as well, with a gradual immersion by government to take over the BBC?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
This was just published at the Drudge Report website:

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff
www.drudgereport.com...

This is the EXACT reason the FCC instituted the Fairness Doctrine requiring opposing political views to be aired on TV news.

What goes around, comes around.

Yes, Obama opposes it too. Disappointing, but not surprising.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

This whole ABC idea just stinks on so many levels.

At least the NBC "White House exclusive" with Brian Williams was a behind the scenes tour. The ABC event sounds as if it is literally to publicize the health care reform package and then also provide some behind the scenes programming.

Either way, how much of the White House do we really need to see of the President walking around the halls?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I also wonder, when does the "Media Czar" come into play? When does this announcement become released?

President Obama has spoken about the Fairness Doctrine and attacking cable news networks for their destructive opinions and lack of news.

Amazingly, he is allowing ABC to do just that during this foolish media blitz turning the White House and South Lawn into a broadcasting studio.

Amazing.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Interesting feed from an Infowars.com website that highlights a CIA-media operation called "Operation Mockingbird."

The state-led health care reform propaganda programming on ABC sounds like it could fit the role of Operation Mockingbird.

Starting in the early days of the Cold War (late 40's), the CIA began a secret project called Operation Mockingbird, with the intent of buying influence behind the scenes at major media outlets and putting reporters on the CIA payroll, which has proven to be a stunning ongoing success. The CIA effort to recruit American news organizations and journalists to become spies and disseminators of propaganda, was headed up by Frank Wisner, Allen Dulles, Richard Helms, and Philip Graham (publisher of The Washington Post). Wisner had taken Graham under his wing to direct the program code-named Operation Mockingbird and both have presumably committed suicide.

Media assets will eventually include ABC, NBC, CBS, Time, Newsweek, Associated Press, United Press International (UPI), Reuters, Hearst Newspapers, Scripps-Howard, Copley News Service, etc. and 400 journalists, who have secretly carried out assignments according to documents on file at CIA headquarters, from intelligence-gathering to serving as go-betweens. The CIA had infiltrated the nation's businesses, media, and universities with tens of thousands of on-call operatives by the 1950's. CIA Director Dulles had staffed the CIA almost exclusively with Ivy League graduates, especially from Yale with figures like George Herbert Walker Bush from the "Skull and Crossbones" Society.

Many Americans still insist or persist in believing that we have a free press, while getting most of their news from state-controlled television, under the misconception that reporters are meant to serve the public. Reporters are paid employees and serve the media owners, who usually cower when challenged by advertisers or major government figures. Robert Parry reported the first breaking stories about Iran-Contra for Associated Press that were largely ignored by the press and congress, then moving to Newsweek he witnessed a retraction of a true story for political reasons. In 'Fooling America: A Talk by Robert Parry' he said, "The people who succeeded and did well were those who didn't stand up, who didn't write the big stories, who looked the other way when history was happening in front of them, and went along either consciously or just by cowardice with the deception of the American people."
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The health care propaganda continues. The following is another oen of President Obama's infamous emails soliciting support from Americans, sent moments ago:

Last year, millions of Americans came together for a great purpose.

Folks like you assembled a grassroots movement that shocked the political establishment and changed the course of our nation. When Washington insiders counted us out, we put it all on the line and changed our democracy from the bottom up. But that's not why we did it.

The pundits told us it was impossible -- that the donations working people could afford and the hours volunteers could give would never loosen the vise grip of big money and powerful special interests. We proved them wrong. But as important as that was, that's not why we did it.

Today, spiraling health care costs are pushing our families and businesses to the brink of ruin, while millions of Americans go without the care they desperately need. Fixing this broken system will be enormously difficult. But we can succeed. The chance to make fundamental change like this in people's daily lives -- that is why we did it.

The campaign to pass real health care reform in 2009 is the biggest test of our movement since the election. Once again, victory is far from certain. Our opposition will be fierce, and they have been down this road before. To prevail, we must once more build a coast-to-coast operation ready to knock on doors, deploy volunteers, get out the facts and show the world how real change happens in America.

And just like before, I cannot do it without your support.

So I'm asking you to remember all that you gave over the last two years to get us here -- all the time, resources, and faith you invested as a down payment to earn us our place at this crossroads in history. All that you've done has led up to this -- and whether or not our country takes the next crucial step depends on what you do right now.

Thank you, so much, for getting us this far. And thank you for standing up once again to take us the rest of the way.

Sincerely,
President Barack Obama

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ABC, The ALL BARACK COMMERCIAL.

Is it still a conspiracy if it's broadcast on tv?

I can't wait to see the rating. This may actually be a good thing because when they see that NO ONE is watching this propoganda tripe, then maybe they'll realize that thier ideas suck!

ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, CNN, they are all the same now, and they aren't hiding it anymore.

What's next?

[edit on 16-6-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Am I the only one not surprised here? The MSM has had a love affair with now President Obama for more than a year...seems only right that he moves them into the White House... The only difference here? Clinton had Lewinski... Obama has MSM... Clinton was getting screwed on our dime, now we are getting screwed on...our dime... Hmmm

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by glimmerman

At least before, they used to pretend that they were unbiased.
I wonder what is comming next now that the gloves have come off.

. . . "by the prickings of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes. . ."

Macbeth, I doth think. . .

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It's probably safest to say that a complete overhaul of the Internet, or at least, the destruction of Internet privacy is headed our way next.

I was convinced the print newspapers were going to die away entirely, or be bailed-out and become "state" newspapers.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Welcome

to the happy time Obama web network

Here we do nothing but be happy
about our glorious leader

Barack Obama
who is doing nothing but happiness
for the masses

Please enjoy
the happiness
while we subjigate you and beat you down and take all your money and freedom

Please refrain
from saying or doing anything on the interweb that might displease us

Thank you for your support and souls
uh. . . I mean happiness

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is Nothing

Seriously,

All this means is that Obama's huge idea comes down to a Blog run by ABC

I sit in my bed room and tell people the news all day too... big deal

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

If he can consolidate all of the MSM stations into one, just think how much MORE bandwidth he can free up for emergency communications networks. He's really only thinking of what's best for us. You know, the mindless, numbed masses.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

If he can consolidate all of the MSM stations into one, just think how much MORE bandwidth he can free up for emergency communications networks. He's really only thinking of what's best for us. You know, the mindless, numbed masses.

Change an 'n' for a 'd' and lose an 'm' and I think you have an equally appropriate description!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join