It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC turns programming over to Obama; news to be anchored from inside the White House

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

What other network besides fox news is not in the love shack for obama? the other networks are jealous that they were not the chosen by the great dictator obama to spew his healthcare propganda straight from the ministry of truth.

unfortunatly most veteran journalists get a "tingle running up my leg" whenever they see him so there will be no protest

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thesnowman87

I quite enjoyed the, "tingle running up their legs" image.

Hmmmm, perhaps Katie Couric would smile more often if she had an exclusive from the White House, eh?!!?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The combination of Swine flu being called a pandemic and the possibility of quarantines and mandatory vaccinations plus the failing healthcare system and bankrupt economy is going to be the final destructive blow to the US and the introduction to UN peacekeepers and DHS occupying our country. You guys should be getting your pitch forks and knocking on the front door of the white house already. This spells disaster.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
President Obama certainly knows how to use the media to his advantage:
1. Social networking-rooted campaign website
2. Text messages sent to mobile phones during/after campaign
3. Transition government created for "transparency"
4. Weekly radio addresses
5. Weekly YouTube addresses
6. Numerous White House press conferences in first months of Office
7. Appearances on comedy shows, sports channels, news magazine shows
8. Access for family to be featured on news-magazines (i.e. Time)
9. Unprecedented access into White House by major media networks now

The man knows what he is doing. Needs to stay fresh and personable in the eyes of the world, not just Americans.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is very serious and people ought to be raising hell about this at ABC. This broadcast needs to be scuttled. I am not kidding either! This has gone to far. The media is supposed to be observers of government and events of the the day not active participants in the story. They do this, they indirectly have sold themselves out as an official mouth-piece for the government. I'll say it again, they are supposed to be an essential check and balance in terms of how our government is run. They do this they violate that core principle and can no longer be considered reliable. They call themselves professionals? Just my two cents, and I know I'm ranting; but I am absolutely furious by this.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Perhaps Glenn Beck will jump on this during today's radio/tv broadcasts.

It is so true--they are observers/reporters of the government, NOT active participants.

Thank you for your post!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
reply to post by Jakes51

It is so true--they are observers/reporters of the government, NOT active participants.

Thank you for your post!

Are you calling for a boycott of ABC!!!??? I second that motion, and encourage everyone else to post that intention to your other message boards and email lists! Let them know there is no profit in being a mouthpiece!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by MOFreemason
reply to post by Jakes51

Thank you for your post!

Are you calling for a boycott of ABC!!!??? I second that motion, and encourage everyone else to post that intention to your other message boards and email lists! Let them know there is no profit in being a mouthpiece!

I was thinking along the lines of sending ABC some venomous emails to try and scuttle the broadcast. But your suggestions are duly noted.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

judging by the ratings hasnt abc created a boycott of themselves due to subpar programming and deplorable reporting? thats why i fear a bailout of the networks and it can be officially labled as state-run media.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesnowman87

judging by the ratings hasnt abc created a boycott of themselves due to subpar programming and deplorable reporting? thats why i fear a bailout of the networks and it can be officially labled as state-run media.

So that no man can buy, sell or trade. What isn't the government going to own after this ridiculous bail out is finally over?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesnowman87

Well, that is a great point, and it has worked for Amtrak, the auto industry, airlines, and banking, so why not! Run a terrible business plan into the ground while growing it so large that the government can't let it fail. Then sit back and collect taxpayer money while you evilly giggle inside!

Let's see, we have Government Motors, Bank of America, and now American Broadcast Company (all oddly and appropriately named). If Obama would buy the Yankees from Steinbrenner I think his takeover would be complete!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Mussolini is nothing compared to Silvio Berlusconi, he is the prime minister (Presidente del Consiglio dei Ministri) and the media in one person, in total control.

Berlusconi's extensive control over the media has been widely criticised by both analysts[68] and press freedom organisations, who allege Italy's media has limited freedom of expression. The Freedom of the Press 2004 Global Survey, an annual study issued by the American organization Freedom House, downgraded Italy's ranking from 'Free' to 'Partly Free' [69] due to Berlusconi's influence over RAI, a ranking which, in "Western Europe" was shared only with Turkey (as of 2005)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just an FYI, not entirely on topic:
President Obama will be interviewed today on CNBC's "Closing Bell" with John Harwood at 4pm EST.

(Just keeps making the rounds!)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by reugen

That is a great find....thank you!

My comparison to Mussolini wasn't even as much about governmental control, as it was PR and imagery for President Obama.

It seems like he has to appear cool, calm, and in control at all times. Thus, the teleprompter.

Even during moments of improv and impromtu speaking, it still is somehow all coordinated. And yet, Americans seem to fall for it every time.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

amtrak has made 0 profit since the day it came to life. i didnt know the airlines had been bailed out i just thought they have been operating in bankruptcy? or is that the same as being owned by the gov't?

just like any rockstar or celebrity obama cant afford to lose his public relations so if the networks go in the tank for him maybe they see it as some sort of safety net?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well America is already basically boycotting ABC news without even trying. At one point they only had 5 million people watching the news. In a country of 300 million that is an unheard of terrible low.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thesnowman87

Operating in Bankruptcy is just about the same as being run by the government, but they have also received government money for years. Even before Obama. It is ludicrous to try and run a profitable airline like JetBlue, or SouthWest, because you can't compete with the larger ones running on government stipends, grants, and stays of debt.

The same goes for many start-up industries. You can't compete with the good ol' boy network already in existence if your plan is to simply run a profitable business. You better have politicians and commissioners in bed with you, or start contributing to their campaigns if you want to stick around long!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

That is true.

Katie Couric's evening news broadcast ratings were the lowest since Nielsen began tabulating ratings results. So, apparently an unofficial boycott has already begun.

Even if this ploy turns out to be a ratings disaster for ABC, I still don't feel comfortable with the idea of a major news network spending so much time anchoring out of the White House. It's just very, very odd.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Govt. run news broadcasts, sounds vaguely familiar...

This whole idea is ripe and getting rotten by the day. Obama will do anything for a captive audience and will say anything to create a sense of fear and urgency. Just take your medicine America and stop fussing. Barry wants complacency in his citizens. These stunts are getting old and disturbing. The man is desperate to advance his agenda as soon as possible. Why the rush??

When will he ever stop campaigning??? Do your damn job Barry. Even the chief moonbat , Bill Maher, is getting tired of Barry's antics.

Comparing Obama to...Lindsay Lohan, the troubled 20 something Hollywood airhead, Maher accuses his idol of being "obsessed with being on tv." He continues "You're skinny and in a hurry and in love with a nice lady -- but so is Lindsay Lohan. And just like Lindsay, we see your name in the paper a lot but we're kind of wondering when you're actually going to do something." A public Obama fan before the election, Maher is now complaining "This is not what I voted for. I don't want my president to be a TV star." Maher riffed, "I get it: you love being on TV," adding "You don't have to be on television every minute of every day -- you're the president, not a rerun of 'Law & Order. TV stars are too worried about being popular and too concerned about being renewed."

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Whatever the reason I don't think I will watch it. I will wait and read about it on ATS. There is something wrong here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join