It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs spotted over Lake District

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

UFOs spotted over Lake District

www.telegraph.co.uk

Campers in the Lake District were treated to a spectacular light show from a string of glowing orbs which flew in formation across the night sky.

It is the latest in a series of sightings which has baffled onlookers and excited UFO spotters across the UK.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The lights were seen above Ullswater on Saturday night over the Park Foot campsite.

People rushed out of their tents to stand and watch in awe as the lights darted back and forth.

They weaved in and out of one another and appeared to fade and then light up again as they soared through a clear sky.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all happening over the UK at the moment. Everday there is a story in a major newspaper (not just the tabloids). Are they here or are the US/UK doing some serious prepartation before they engage with North Korea?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I don't want to be a killjoy but I think the reason that these sightings are making the headlines in national papers is that Chinese lanterns have become phenomenally popular since last year and they are now at craze proportions .They are let off at every Tom Dick or Harry's wedding ,birthday or pets birthday bash.Even though most of the nation have still never heard of Chinese lanterns so when they see some they don't understand what they are looking at.Perhaps the government instead of telling us to sneeze into a tissue should put out a public information film about these lanterns so that people don't waste precious police time ,not to mention ours.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
hey tarifa why dont you put a picture of one on here so us idiots can realise are stupidity. oh what about the ones that dont move, would the wind blow a lattern about and are they able to switch themselves on and off.

wake up and smell the coffee my friend, there real!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It's true that every man and his dog seem to be into Chinese Lanterns of late! I haven't seen many people let them off in daylight though and the picture in the article appears to be taken early evening time when there was still quite a lot of light.

I'm not saying they're definitely of extra-terrestrial origin though, there are numerous AFBs in that area. My bet is that we're gearing up for the big push on KJil

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Well at this time of year its still quite light even at 10pm and wedding reception parties will want to release them at some time not too late so the kids can see them.

There is an absolute glut of multiple orange, yellow or red fiery orb style sightings and I think that they are all lanterns when described in that way.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've posted this before...but it's relevant.

Ok, Chinese Lanterns last for up to 20 mins... I've just googled it now I'm slightly concerned/excited/confused. Two weeks ago, my girlfriend and I were watching Independence Day (of all films!) and during a break we went out for a ciggy. Looking up at the stars we discussing aliens and 2012...usual stuff when my better half pointed out what looked like a moving star, then she spotted another one. Now I'm into UFO's but after watching so many clips and reading so much stuff over the years I'm not going to claim to see a "UFO" unless I cannot 100% identify it or an alien pops out and says "hi". So I assume that it's a Chinese lantern, but I decide to keep my eye on one of them. It was very high up and a white dot, not orange, and was moving in a steady pace north from away from the sea, the same direction as the other one. (I live in Poole, UK, BTW) So anyhow I stand there for about 30 mins watching this thing, while my other half has decide to call it a night. I decided to watch the rest of the film, but on the next advert break I go back outside for another ciggy. And the thing is still in the air. This has now been over an hour since we first spotted it.... Chinese Lantern?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Why do people keep making references to chinese lanterns?. Please read the quote then explain to me how chinese lanterns could achieve the manouvers described.

Originally posted by 0010110011101

The lights were seen above Ullswater on Saturday night over the Park Foot campsite.

People rushed out of their tents to stand and watch in awe as the lights darted back and forth.

They weaved in and out of one another and appeared to fade and then light up again as they soared through a clear sky.

[edit on 16/6/09 by logicalview]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I can't imagine there being much demand for chinese lanterns in Ullswater or Park Foot Camp Site.

And whilst I have no doubt that these lanterns account for some of the reported UFO sightings I somehow doubt that lanterns can act, and interact, as these objects are described as doing so.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

What you saw was almost certainly a satellite I am seeing them all the time and any clear night look up with the help of binoculars you should see three or more of these in just 30 mins there are so many up there. Here is a quick video I took of one using my gen 1 night-scope held up to my camcorder.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Surely any photography expert will be able to study the picture in the link and give us a reasonably good idea of the distance of the objects, their size etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

In my post I stated 2 objects, however after writing that and telling my otherhalf that I posted it on ATS she said there were 3, not 2 objects moving slowly. I only kept my eye on one thinking initialy that it was a lantern.

So 3 white objects spread across the sky, moving slowly overhead...3 satellites?

I guess that it's possible...

On another note, about 5 years ago I was in my garden one night with a friend having a smoke. It was a clear night and we spotted what we thought was a satellite. This "satellite" however did not move in a line, but moved in an "s" shape, then stopped and then moved in a more random pattern. We initially concluded that it was a satellite, judging how small the white dot was, until it started to make random movement.

Still a satellite?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical-view
Why do people keep making references to Chinese lanterns?. Please read the quote then explain to me how Chinese lanterns could achieve the maneuvers described.

Because thats what they want us to think
Sure there are many that are lanterns but im 100% sure there are many that are not, Not saying there ET ect but seems odd that we are being bombarded with the " Chinese lantern" line at every sighting that happening,

I just wish we could get some decent clear footage either way.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by asala]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Well I managed to also get a video of two sats.I have seen three before through binoculars so it is possible .The video is below.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The lake district has a historic link to USO's in the area, in 2004 eyewitnesses watched numerous USO's penetrate the water and disappear below the surface.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Completely agree!

It never ceases to amaze me that there's always someone trying to 'tell you what you saw', even though they were not present at the time. Classic. Talk about insulting people's intelligence!.

I just wish we could get some decent clear footage either way

Again, completely agree. The problem is that when a perfectly clear piece of footage surfaces, i'll pretty much guarantee there's someone saying it MUST be CG'd or faked in some way.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
i've seen many moving stars and concluded they were space junk, but you never know. never seen one change direction though.

but one spotting i had i know it was a ufo (which means unidentified not aliens). 3 large rectangular lights in a semi circle over a single light. my curiosity made go back in the day to try and figure it out. when i got there i saw it would of been over the lake near me. so that takes out a standing structure. and it weren't no plane and it weren't no helicopter.

if i hadn't of seen that then i would probably still be asleep with the rest of population and un-aware of any ufo/911/nwo/2012 stuff. i guess it was ment to be.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Have you any links to these stories, I would be very interested in learning more.

I have been to The Lake District on numerous occassions and during many lakeside nights I have imagined witnessing just what you describe.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Since the late 1980s, there have been many sightings of USOs around the Lake District, UK. Most notably, a sighting in 1994 at Derwent Water of two USOs.[citation needed] It lasted almost five minutes and was observed by 22 people. The area now receives regular USO sightings (perhaps one a year), as well as numerous UFO sightings in the surrounding areas. The most recent UFO sighting was in January 2006, and the most recent USO sighting in December 2004.

Unidentified Submerged Object

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
From the eye witness reports on the link given, I'd say that they definatly weren't chinese lanterns. Chinese lanterns do not have the ability to light once in the air. And one of the quotes said that as some faded out, others lit up. Not a trait of lantenrs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join