It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA lakers Riots, are you kidding me?!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is just great, I'm heading to Los Angeles today.

I hope this drama is over with when I get there. I'll have enough trouble to deal with when I get there without this crap thrown into the mix.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I know I did not just read someone blaiming this on the cops....right? Or did I?

The cops are damned if they do, damned if they dont. Damned if they step in and do their job. Damned if they step back and let thugs destroy a city.

These riots are caused by thugs with no morals, whatsoever. They are rioting over a GAME!!! They are injuring people and destroying property and stealing over a GAME!!! This is nothing new. This has happened numerous times - so please do not blame anyone but THEM.

The people who need to be blamed are the thugs themselves. Stop being a cruch for them. Stop making excuses. Get mad at the thugs and tell them to grow up and be responsible.

Street celebrations that began peacefully turned ugly. Fires were set, objects were thrown at police officers, several businesses were looted and buses, police cars and other vehicles were vandalized. Hooligans hurled rocks through the window of one bus abandoned under an overpass.

Eight police officers were injured and 18 people were arrested Sunday night.

Two more people were arrested Monday when neighbors of a looted shoe store alerted authorities to two residents of an adjacent building.

When officers knocked on their door they saw shoe boxes inside the apartment, said police Sgt. Mark Pearce. The man and woman, who were not immediately identified, were booked for investigation of theft.

Inside The Holy Grail shoe store, shelves were empty and glass display cases were shattered. Receipts, paperwork and shoe boxes were scattered around a back storeroom.

Store owner Richard Torres said he lost at least $100,000 worth of vintage sneakers and sports apparel, as well as computers.

apnews.myway.com...

I would love for all the cop haters to do a cop's job for a couple of weeks. Then come back and tell us all how you now feel about the job itself.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 6/16/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Can you imagine what the inner city communities could accomplish if they put as much effort into stopping gangs and drugs and violence in their streets as they do when a sports team wins a championship or a cop injures/kills a law breaker?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Once the nation's bellies are no longer full; this, is when you will see riots against the government.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
Once the nation's bellies are no longer full; this, is when you will see riots against the government.

Actually it will be when the govt. decides sporting events are too self destructive with fans in mass.

They will ban the attendance of all sporting events and only allow the press/VIP's to attend and broadcast it.

That is when we will see people riot against the govt.

"You can take away our liberty and freedom, but you take away our entertainment..." quite sad really.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
And we wonder what's wrong with our country. "The Lakers Won, let's go destroy something!" FLIPPIN MORON'S!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
you should see a soccer riot... now thats something to behold.

but actually, when you get an large number of people together who all believe in the same thing they can make a difference. what stops the working class from rioting is the precise social engineering we have been drawn into. no more then 5 people in a single house at one with large amounts of space between each property and a tendancy towords self-alienation and fear of the outside world.

People are too happy being alone to band together and fight for what we should be fighting for.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just amazing. Our way of life and our liberties are being destroyed and we do nothing, but the Lakers win and we riot.

Even look at other countries. The Iranians feel there was election fraud and they riot. But the Lakers win and we riot.

Yeah. Clearly we here in America know the purpose of a riot.

I like sports too but God damn... There are more important things we should be rioting about.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

There was whyte ave in 2001 there was a riot because the bars closed early on Canada day, then 2006 when the oilers lost the stanely cup playoff's to San Jose. But during the playoff run I remember seeing the news that SWAT teams were dispatched along with regular members the Edmonton police service.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I live in Los Angeles, and I have to say that this sort of social mayhem is not uncommon. High speed chases on TV are sort of a television show in themselves. What I do find somewhat disturbing is that these are the people that will either be in the front lines of fighting the government, or will be the ones fighting with the government. I'm beginning to feel that the latter is more probable in the long run. When you take things away from people, they will either fight to get it back or join the group that took it away in hopes they'll receive something more/better. As for the Los Angeles police, I believe they did a fine job with the restrictons placed upon them. They had rocks, bottles, firecrackers (yes, the kind that explode) thrown at them.

On a side note, I was told that the LAPD was going to start placing every officer on a 28 day work furlough, starting as early as the end of the summer. This isn't 28 days out of the month, this is 28 days of actual working days.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Who ARE these guys? like, man, they're so unqualified for what they represent it amazes me.
Psychologists should be cops.
Or bartenders.
or my grandma.
she's badass.

"Don't tase me, Grams!"

Sorry, I really couldn't help it...

Edited to add something more on-topic:

I really don't understand how or why a sporting event would cause a riot. I mean, I know that sports are something that interests people, but I can't understand how a game can devolve into a riot.

Well... I guess you can buy beer at a game, so maybe they were all drunk? I don't really get that either, because I don't drink often or to the extent that would cause me to riot if I did drink.

People are weird. Bummer that it turned into a riot for such a silly reason. Alot of damage for nothing, imo.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well, I was in Los Angeles yesterday, the traffic was a nightmare!

I got on the CA 60 in Ontario and was going into downtown LA, ALL the way there it was bumper to bumper traffic, more than normal, a lot of cars had laker flags painted windows etc.... There was something different this time, people were smiling for a change.

It was crazy, it took hours of driving just to get in and out of there.... I didn't see any violence, there were some local reports of fans that were aggressive at the coliseum and a few arrests... But there were over a hundred thousand people there. I thought the people showed restraint, and was kinda impressed at how well it went after it was all said and done.

In these times it was rather refreshing to see a massive mix of Californians of all races, cultures, the rich and poor all together to celebrate their team's victory.

As bad as the traffic was, and as bad as it could have been, it wasn't too bad.

It is too bad that the people of California and the nation cannot behave like they did in LA yesterday more often.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Star for you lol. I'm sure that if you farted ten feet from a cop you would be both beat and arrested.

I thnk your right though, it's not winning the game so much as losing in life. People are getting angry and it has to come out somewhere. Too bad the poor are the only ones with balls in this country.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
well i think they riots are just a riot to show that people are angry.
ww1 didnt start just because of the assination of the duke. but it lead to it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
test lksjdflkjsl;kdjflksjf test

test

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join