It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA lakers Riots, are you kidding me?!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is insane indeed. Something like 15 or so officers injured, 12 police cars busted up. trains, busses, vehicles passing by getting attacked....

There is 2 different things that shock me... obviously it showed that LA doesnt have a police force to handle a sporting event riot, and yet there will be hundreds or thousand more police and fire cuts... ok that makes sense, what are they going to do if lakers loose lol...

and second... these idiots, loosers riot over a laker game???? yet they dont riot for loosing their jobs, government taking their money, giving money away to everyone who doesnt deserve it, bailing out thiefs and scum bags???

is there something wrong with this picture?

im having a feeling, more people will be rioting over being happy over a game then being pushed into a corner and stripped of every right they ever had, for every penny!

Police in CA is not ready for anything "as big" as a lakers riot, and soon watch welfare will start getting cut, food stamps, government assistance programs.... yet more cop jobs will be cut, great idea!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Another event probably stirred up by government agents to allow some new laws and additional police to be hired.

Watch for the response.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

This has happened several times in the last decade after football games, I'm not surprised. Sounds like a lot of people are caught up in hysteria.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
first: Go Lakers!

second...theres no coordinated effort to riot...just as in the rest of the country has no coordinated effort to come together and fend off the political gangsters that have occupied capitol hill for the last 20+ years..therefor if it came down to it...the police and national guard would and could handle things...if not all of california the parts that were most important...but thats all moot anyway. it will never come down to that...

note to add:
the poor are mostly isolated and the rich (more valuable) areas would be protected first (along with government)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Police hate letting people have a good time, unless they feel like they've allowed it.
I remember the red mile, in calgary...no one injured, mardi gras-like ladies, very peaceful, almost like hippies, if i had to compare.
Then the next one, the rules were extending umpteenthfold. No more letting adults be adults. No walking on the street or you were arrested, no more yelling, screaming....they took an already peaceful thing and tried to make it peaceful. Didn't make sense to me.
To me and others i knew, the cops tore the life out of that celebration. Nothing happened, but it was insulting. Not directly, but the implication that I NEED YOU is insulting.

It seems that the cops care more about control than peace.
They want to flex more than they work.
People recognize this, and, as no one wants to be controlled, they say "oh yeah??" in one way or another.
The cops want you to be afraid so bad, and to me, it's insulting.

But of course, violence is bad and all that unless you've taken a six week course and passed a bull# test on your ethics.

Cops should realize they're human and there's a little bit of cop in everyobody. The intimidation needs to stop, but so does the pretentious violence.

This is just how i feel, i'm not pretending to be an encyclopedia. I can only go off what i've seen

edit: good for kobe, btw. guy's just hated so bad.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by heyo]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

So what is to prevent a motivated person from causing "silent discomfort" to a few deserving "little Neros" a.k.a. cops... ?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

People are frustrated and will fight over anything. Most people are just looking for a good fight, even if its sports.
This daily frustration we are enduring in our lives will come out when you least expect it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

totally man. We're getting infringed upon so much lately, when something awesome finally DOES happen, there it is again: control.
I hate control, personally.
Who ARE these guys? like, man, they're so unqualified for what they represent it amazes me.
Psychologists should be cops.
Or bartenders.
or my grandma.
she's badass.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why is everyone allways mad at the police??

It is the drunken idiots causing this that make them have to make the stupid rules in the first place....

I blame the meat heads not the police in those situations....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

silent discomfort?
fart on anyone you like.
It's probably considered assault tho so watch out.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

these idiots, loosers riot over a laker game???? yet they dont riot for loosing their jobs, government taking their money, giving money away to everyone who doesnt deserve it, bailing out thiefs and scum bags???

Wow, when you put it like that, I tear up a little.

What you say about police/fire dept cuts are true. It is intriguing, to say the least. Admittedly, I have not done my homework on the situation, so I have no idea if the cuts are warranted or not.

One thing that strikes me as an obvious problem with the cuts is that if things get worse, and riots start breaking out all over the country, who will they call upon to keep civil order? The military is the only arm of the government that Americans have a strong approval rating of. I believe, in 2008, it was about 80% approval. That's not good, folks.

"80% approval rating of the military? Well heck, lets just get the military to control these rioting thugs."

Things go downhill from there.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
What is amazing to me is how many people hate Los Angeles that live in L.A. and yet are a fan of the Lakers. Or do they hate the Lakers and Orlando losing is enough for them to take to the streets? This thread needs to be moved to conspiracies in philosophy.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
They rioted when they WON back in 2000 loooool. There's HeLL.A. for ya.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Yeah. La and stuff
Your avatars are the best.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

This is normal crap these days. You win and you riot. You lose and you riot. Hell, even in the midst of a game, the world over, people break out into violence. It's all so silly, yet all so disgusting and dangerous for others who just want to attend a game or celebrate a victory. Soccer, (football for our non-American friends) seem to create lots of violence world wide.
I think the only sport should be baseball. It's so slow and boring, nobody could be excited about it all. lol. That's a joke. I know the next World Series champion team will result in violence in the team's home city and probably the losing team's home city. Isn't it interesting how Ahmadinejad is reported to say about the losing candidate in Iran and his supporters, something like, It's just like a football game. One team loses and people get upset.

Yep, yep. It's all just a game. When it is just a game, it's ridiculous the reactions of people, and when it's a serious political decision it's just a game reaction.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Worse part is, they're causing the riots BECAUSE the Lakers won.

Goodness, can u imagine if the Lakers had LOST?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Addressing some replies here:

heyo:

1) DUDE I NEED TO MEET YOUR GRANDMA.

2) Ethics class is stupid, too. Who doesn't know violence is bad? Lives are taken = BAD. Duh.

3) You're right. Pluckynoonez has a great avatar.

4) Kobe needs some love. I agree. Magic Johnson gets more love than him. Hell, JENNIE FINCH gets more love than him - from the girls!

pluckynoonez:

1) Maybe they hate Orlando to the guts. An East Vs West thing, probably.

2) This needs to be moved to Conspiracies in Philosophy, agreed. How is it that people can riot when they WIN? Does that mean winning is something that deserves violence and outpouring of emotion? Or does that mean they hate LA more than they hate Orlando, such that when Lakers won they had to destroy their own city?

Hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

This is insane indeed. Something like 15 or so officers injured, 12 police cars busted up. trains, busses, vehicles passing by getting attacked....

There is 2 different things that shock me... obviously it showed that LA doesnt have a police force to handle a sporting event riot, and yet there will be hundreds or thousand more police and fire cuts... ok that makes sense, what are they going to do if lakers loose lol...

and second... these idiots, loosers riot over a laker game???? yet they dont riot for loosing their jobs, government taking their money, giving money away to everyone who doesnt deserve it, bailing out thiefs and scum bags???

is there something wrong with this picture?

im having a feeling, more people will be rioting over being happy over a game then being pushed into a corner and stripped of every right they ever had, for every penny!

Police in CA is not ready for anything "as big" as a lakers riot, and soon watch welfare will start getting cut, food stamps, government assistance programs.... yet more cop jobs will be cut, great idea!!!!

The reason they don,t riot over loosing their jobs, govt redistribution, and political corruption, is because they are on the receiving end. They get all the benefits. I am sure you didn,t see the hard working middle class doing this. They had to get up and go to work to pay for it all.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I blame the hip-hop culture. Yep....definitely to blame...er...maybe it was the reptilians?

shucks. It's hard to find someone to blame or be held accountable these days

oh wait! It was the police! Yeah...that's the ticket.

In all seriousness I honestly believe the exact phrase stated by the fictional Forrest Gump - "Stupid IS as Stupid DOES"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It happens all the time in LA. It would've been alot worse had the game been in LA, vice Orlando.

Also take into consideration the area around Staples Center. Those folks aren't exactly pillars of society.

I saw one clip, a boy maybe 10 yrs old, shaved head, had a little wifebeater on, throwing rocks at a bus. They start'em out young in LA.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join