It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

370 Moon Anomalies Photos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
OK here are the 370 anomalies I found on my epic search of the moon! Now if only I could get the LO4 photos of these resolution...

s470.photobucket.com...

Knock yourselves out - not everything is as it seems on the moon - and there were many craters that simply looked the same, so I excluded those due to finding so many things already in these craters.

I have included the areas of interest in a red circle - and next to that the original image WITH its NASA photo number so you can check for yourselves.

Enjoy!...

wZn

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow nice collection!

There are several there i have never seen before, thanks for sharing.
The moon is one odd place

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
wow, there are so many pics on there my computer freezes every time i move the curser =(( but nice collection from what I could see. I will take a close look later @ home. thank you for you efforts.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Wow that's great my friend I dread I dread to think how long this took you. I for one appreciate it. A well deserved S&F.

I'm currently up to pic 71 which I've never seen before. That one alone is important enough for some hi res photography. Let's hope Japan release ALL their recent footage, though somehow I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Quite the thorough collection of moon rocks and uninteresting craters. You'd need a fairly healthy dose of imagination to pick anything out of those rather low quality low resolution photos, but whatever floats yer boat.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well 3 out of 4 aint bad I guess

The images are a little smaller on that site from what I have - weird - I was thinking of uploading all 370 jpgs(740 with circles) in a zip file as a torrent - anyone interested? It's about 35mb, if enough people want me to, I'll hop to it!

wZn

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Great work.Lots of stuff I've missed while doing the lunar orbiter collection.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I would be happy to dowload/seed a torrent, the more hires images the better. Let me know when/if you do get them up.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Go for it, I think a torrent will be a good way of distributing all those images, so many images on one page will probably mess up most people's browsers and/or computers.

As I have a computer that I never shutdown I can "seed" it forever.

PS: nice work, even if all those things are easily explained, we can only know after looking at them, and we can only do that if we know they exist.

Thanks for "publishing" them.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Nice collection, although at a quick glance I see a lot of double ringed craters, complex impact craters, and light and shadow tricks. I will have to look over them more thoroughly but the majority I saw fit those criteria. I do believe there is something on the Moon, but a lot of those pics and any others made public (with the exception of a few) really do not show anything unnatural.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hi watchZEITGEISTnow.

You obviously put a lot of work into this and that is great. The moon is a great topic of discussion!

If you would, could you point out your very favorite couple of anomalies out of this collection and take a stab at what they might be? (unnatural structures, ancient ruins, etc).

Or do you think they are all naturally-created, but just look anomalous compared to the majority of other lunar locations?

Either way...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

On a further note the craters that look like a 'mound' are complex craters caused by extreme forces of the meteor impact causing uplift in the planetary bodies crust. The ones that appear to have something else in the middle of them are also a form of complex craters. Here is an example of how they can form...

Simple impact craters have bowl-shaped depressions, mostly with smooth walls. This type of crater generally has a diameter less than 9 miles (15 km). Their depth is about 20% of the diameter.

Complex impact craters have a single or multiple peaks in the middle of the crater. These craters have diameters between about 12 and 110 miles (20 and 175 km), and the central uplift is usually one or a few peaks. Craters with a diameter over 110 miles (175 km) can have more complex, ring-shaped uplifts within the crater.

The lunar basin Schrodinger is 200 miles (320 km) in diameter. Schrodinger also has an inner ring which is 92 miles (150 km) in diameter and about 75 percent complete. Schrodinger is one of the youngest impact basins on the Moon.
Impact Basin: A impact basin is an impact crater that has a rim diameter greater than 185 miles (300 km). There are over 40 impact basins on the Moon. These catastrophic impacts produce faulting and other crust deformations. Material ejected from impact basins is distributed over wide areas.

Simple crater:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f899b66d8017.gif[/atsimg]

Complex crater:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c322b6f9a54b.gif[/atsimg]

Text and images courtesy of:www.enchantedlearning.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Hi watchZEITGEISTnow.

You obviously put a lot of work into this and that is great. The moon is a great topic of discussion!

If you would, could you point out your very favorite couple of anomalies out of this collection and take a stab at what they might be? (unnatural structures, ancient ruins, etc).

Or do you think they are all naturally-created, but just look anomalous compared to the majority of other lunar locations?

Either way...

Thanks! I actually made a video which I put in 75 of what I thik are the best examples of anomalies -

(click to open player in new window)

Also here are some craters I just cant get my noggin around:
I just don't get how these can be natural? Perhaps jkrog08 can explain how craters can have 6 even sides...more than a few times

hexagon craters
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/84483bcf2c1daad5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c5fead49181f7fa9.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c0fad8ca20991cb8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/15b188a17ba2a8d7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/d161ba87cd4f1992.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f636ec2d093fa401.jpg[/atsimg]
...are just a few of the more obvious ones - there are many!

wZn

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Perhaps jkrog08 can explain how craters can have 6 even sides...more than a few times

I will give it a shot,lol...

Basically the leading theory is that these craters were made when the Moon was still very young. Because of that the Moon had a thin crust at the time, which when impacted by large meteors caused a type of 'folding' of the edges of the impact crater. This excerpt is from the original source.

The possibility of impacts of large meteorites on the thin crust of the early moon accounting for the formation of the hexagonal lunar craters is discussed. Solidified basalts comprising a lunar crust of thickness 10 to 50 km characteristic of the earliest stage in lunar evolution are shown to have a large-scale hexagonal pillar structure, due to the effects of shrinkage. Results of experimental simulations of the propagation in this hexagonal pillar structure of the shock wave generated by the impact of a meteorite of diameter 10 km and mass 10 to the 15th kg on the lunar crust are then presented which demonstrate the pushing away from a central circular shock of pillars resting on a low-friction surface in a hexagonal pattern.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Granted it is only theory but has it some simulations and very smart scientists behind it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Harvard you say? Hmmm....

From George H Leonards 'Someboy Else Is On The Moon'
Chapter 4:
" - 'Not Just More Of The Same' -
A look at both sides of the Moon reveals striking differences. In addition to having fewer seas - the dark, flat, smooth maria - the other side has far more craters, and they are clustered together.
Many of these craters are polygonal, or have overtones of various geometric shapes.
Why would one side of the Moon have lots more craters - craters with interesting shapes - than the other? The eruption of magma along crack lines with a later collapsing of the crater is a believable theory to account for polygonal shapes. But study of the near side of the Moon reveals countless numbers of craters which are perfectly round, and study of the far side reveals many more which are not.
Some craters are octagons; some are hexagons; a few are squares. While there are few crater chains visible on the Moon - mostly on the near side - the preponderance of craters appear to be randomly located."

wZn

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The placement of the craters have nothing to add to an alien civilization theory IMO. Like I said earlier do believe that there is something on the Moon, but a lot of the pictures that supposedly show proof of that are nothing more than complex natural structures. There is A LOT we still do not understand about space and planetary geology.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I think George's point was - why don't we see polygon shaped craters on the near side - thus inferring a reason they are hidden on the far side - until the lil Lunar Orbiter (bless it's satellites soul) past on by and took some candid snaps!

"complex natural structures" - interesting term.

And why is there a lot 'we' do not understand about space? After all we have had ET contact since the 40s (or some say even earlier - around the Nazis time..)

The moon has been washed over all of us - "Oh yeah we have been there, done that, don't worry about it any more - nothing to see here - hey lets look far away at Mars - that will keep your mind off the dead barren lifeless hump of rock we call our moon".

If you believe something is up with the Moon, I'd like to know what - rather than debate possible life or ruins or any images I show - but the standard PR and class room crater graphic don't hold with me OK?

wZn

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Awesome pics.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I admire your passion and resolve on this issue.

Let me clear something up though: Sometimes things I say on different threads may seem somewhat contradictory but they are not. I take perspectives on things from a public knowledge stance, a conspiracy stance, while balancing it with neutrality and science. Because I offer rational explanations to something, while still believing in a cover up on the very same thing DOES NOT mean I am debunking all conspiracies or think they are bunk. It does not mean I am contradictory, I simply use the Ufology philosophy I feel is best, neutrality with multi perspective objectivity. If there is something I feel is a cover up, but have no solid evidence of it, I will, when speaking 'officially', give a response based on current public knowledge, possibly intertwined with innuendos of a cover up, or something more. If it is something I am pretty sure is a cover up I will speak from that perspective. I will ALWAYS however, give my opinion in the most neutral and scientific manner possible. Since my interests are both in mainstream science and Ufology I must balance those out and not skew the two together too much. I think all who investigate this epic UFO phenomina should act the same way, but this is only IMHO.

So why that long opening all about my ideology? Well you asked me "what do I think is on the Moon", and accordingly I have two answers. What I think is one the Moon is the following: human bases, alien bases, joint bases, mining operations and more. What I KNOW is on the Moon (based on common public knowledge from very credible sources and documentation) is the following: Regolith, many craters, a few crashed probes, rovers, Lunar Landers, a US flag, a laser reflection device (for measuring distance), and anything else I left out that is common knowledge. So when looking at the evidence from a pure empirical, logical, and neutral standpoint one must challenge EVERYTHING before coming to a definite decision that counters the widespread, commonly accepted mainstream views. This is how we will be taken seriously my friend, not by blindly believing (and staring and flagging) any story we hear that sounds good and perks our interests that we want to be true.

I think John Lear said it best in his signature...

I seek only the truth. But let me make it perfectly clear how little I think I know:
1. All of my claims are only possibilities.
2. I could be completely misinformed.
3. All of what I believe might not be true.
John Lear

Courtesy John Lear

There are some things I have been told and learned that despite the hard evidence I will believe and openly and 'officially' insert into my beliefs and statements, this is due to long research and cross referencing, plus my opinion of the credibility of the source of information. I am constantly building knowledge, I am always trying to build a legit and plausible "Global Conspiracy", I have yet to and I challenge anyone who has that they might want to hold of on calling it the truth until more facts can be assured.~Justin

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Cool!

I'm more on the "what is" rather than "what is not" gang.

and I appreciate your input! Absolutely. I started with craters - because these are the most basic things we see on the Moon. I draw your attention to this picture:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/fc424f22254dd24f.jpg[/atsimg]
On the left you see what looks like a walled structure ABOVE not below the Moons surface - could this be something you were thinking about bases on the moon? Also to the right that crater/s doesn't logically make sense to me - I looked at 1000's of craters - a few like this appear - and for the Dickens - i can't figure them out - and see very little or no NASA literature on these "anomalies" (with a capital A!).
Your thoughts?
btw I'm making a torrent for all the anomalies - will be done soon!

wZn

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join