It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea pre-emptive strikes on "key sites" in United States

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A very bad situation that is.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Only one minor problem- NK CAN'T strike any KEY sites in the US. They don't have the delivery systems. And I would venture they'll be taken out LONG before they ever acquire that capability.

You don't need nukes to srike KEY TARGETS in the US from North Korea, all you need is a few 'loyal' North Korean citizens ( already living in the US ) and a few bombs ( chemicals bought in shops and guns aplenty in the US ), a couple of trucks ( which there are lots in the US, how many people actually take notice of a truck in cities? its only carrying goods right??? ) .
And hey presto , surgical strikes on the US Key targets.

We here in the UK had the Canary Wharf bombing , that was a truck with about 5 tonnes of chemical fertiliser bomb in the back and that near destroyed the area , lots of broken glass, damage to buildings and a HUGE hole in the ground.

Think of what the US trucks could carry if NK sleeper cells bought the chemicals needed to make homegrown bombs or failing that having access to unscrupulous arms dealers for a truckload (s) of C4 plastic explosive.Think of what one of those could do if you crashed it into a nuclear powerplant? Explosion AND fallout. or driving a truck upto the Whitehouse , followed by a couple of more trucks, Take out the first line of defence with the first truck, take out the Whitehouse with the second and third before the dust settles and before the forces can react or secure the area.

No nukes needed, just a few suicide bombers or 'patriotic' North Koreans told to go blow something up should the US make any kind of threatening move.

[edit on 16/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wowza, I never knew Timothy McVeigh was from North Korea!

Come ON folks this article is specifically referencing the delivery of nuclear missiles, and NK cannot deliver a nuke to key sites in the US. Key sites...What ARE key sites, as it applies to military? LA and NY? NO! Key sites would necessarily mean key military installations that would prevent the US from retaliation- and Kim already knows he is doomed there because of our subs. We'll get him in the end, even if he COULD get a nuke into the US. And even then again, can he get 1,000 nukes into the US simultaneously? NO! So where's the beef? :shk:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think that you are forgetting that the searching of ships was authorized and agreed upon by ALL members of the UN. Not just the US.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes, I think we all know that, but the North Korean population and military doesn't. This was a speech to his own people. I am sure it was worded so the U.S. would take notice, but within Kim's borders, his people probably believe his military is as strong and advanced as he says it is. They certainly know the budget isn't in social programs!

Saddam's troops believed that they had WMD's, that is why the intel was so credible and still wrong! It was an elaborate bluff, just like Kim is doing!

I think within the confines of the US, we know that it only takes one DC Sniper to create mass panic, chaos, and crushing economic effects. All these countries threatening massive retaliations do not understand our culture at all!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I can't understand why people keep getting theior panties in a bunch over the NK hysterics. There's nothing to see here. They've tested an underground detonation of a nuclear device estimated to be 'a few kilotons' --- which is about 1/6 the power of the ones used in WWII. They've had less than impressive results testing their long range missiles. Even IF they could engineer nuclear devices into a deliverable package, and IF they could get their delivery system to work, and IF they could produce enough of these devices to be significant they KNOW it would be suicide to launch them. Nothing's going to happen. The ruling elite in NK may be whacked but they're not stupid.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here it comes....again:

N.Korean Launch Pad 'Ready for Missile Test'
Link: english.chosun.com...

Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk

North Korea pre-emptive strikes on "key sites" in United States

www.doomdaily.com

PYONGYANG, June 15.

North Korea could have pre-emptive strikes on “key facilities of the United States in the event of any” provocation “by the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

North Korea has threatened a " merciless OFFENSIVE ATTACK " i fthe world blockades thei ships from coming into North korea and if sanctions and or embargoes were set against North korea. So the Un being the evil [snip] they are decided not to take this threat seriously by doing just that, they have set embargos and ship searches making it harder and harder for anything to get into North korea, until North korea caves in in dire need of very day supplies. so the un is responsible for th eupcoming nuclear destruction of any number of cities. as we all know north korea has developed sucessful Ballistic missle capabilities that could potentialy reach us soil, as well as many o fother of our allies. Hell they can use it on the thousands of american soldiers still stationed in South Korea.
But I am really sick of all the talk, if someone is going to talk the talk walk the walk quite all the yippity yappin ad jaw jackin and just do something already. w eall know something is coming anyways might as well get it over with now dont ya think ? i like the short fight, just go for the jugular.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I think within the confines of the US, we know that it only takes one DC Sniper to create mass panic, chaos, and crushing economic effects. All these countries threatening massive retaliations do not understand our culture at all!

I have to disagree. I was THERE during the DC Sniper attacks and I have to say that "mass panic" is way over-reaching. People were concerned, and would "hide" inside of gas stations while getting gas -- but I think to imply everyone was running around like chickens with their heads cut-off --is an exaggeration.

Edit to add: I actually think that in times of "crisis" the American people do a good job of coming together. It's just sad that it takes a crisis to make it happen.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

To a certain extent I agree, and I was there too, or at least close enough to worrry, and yes the American citizenry is extremely resilient.

There were cases of people not buying gas, or sending their kids to school, and it did have an impact on the local economies, and that guy really had no agenda. If a terrorist state or organization organized something similar it would be incredibly more successful. Imagine the 11 hijackers in 11 major cities doing something similar. It would cost far less, it would be easier to get away with, it would be a prolonged event, and if they chose their targets in areas of commerce, it could crush the economy of the targeted areas.

I am just saying that our way of life is much easier to attack than trying to get away with a nuke or bio-weapon. The terrorists achilles heal is trying to make headlines! Our intelligence and military will never let that happen (unless they are in on it like 9/11)!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Somehow I am not worried about the threats of an under-developed country with no real economy. They do this in cycles in hopes of being given money and food to stay level-headed.

Enter the false flag attack. History has shown that enemies can be "manufactured" or simply let loose where ever chaos is needed. 'Ordo Ab Chao' I believe that's the old motto. I guess only time will tell.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
I don't get all this bullpoo. Was America threatened when it did all it's Nuclear Weapon Testing? Was France threatened when it did it's testing? And the many other countries for theirs? NO!!!

Why in the hell is America threatening NK for testing out their capabilties for Nuclear Weapon construction when America is the biggest threat in the world for a Nuclear War?

Ok I guess the answer is because they think they run the world. NOT!!

The 'New World Order' wants to rule the world and they are going though the biggest and well armed continent to do it!!

The US of *SNIP*A...... Where all wars are started through the NWO...... Sick of this!!! Wish some Aliens would come down and take me away from this poo!!!!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

France isn't a dictatorship ran by a controlling old man who is dieing and would like to make a last stand in the physical plane.

North Korea will test it's nukes on OTHER countries.

It will be a swift war of Ballistic Missiles both sides will take casualties.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree -- our way of life is very vulnerable simply because the majority of people in this country have no idea of how to go without. Think about when computers go out in an office....everybody runs around looking confused and doesn't know what to do.

Imagine if we lost electricity on a large-scale for only a month. Talk about mass chaos! There are huge numbers of people who don't even know how to boil water on their stove -- let alone how to do it without one. Rather sad.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

I agree. I don't think enough people take into account his current health. That's the problem with these crazy ego-maniacs with no regard for human life -- he may very well want to go out with a bang.

The whole driving purpose behind these guys is their legacy. It's not what you do now -- it's how you are remembered. And in his sick mind, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to go down in history as the guy that tried to "take down the U.S.". And yes, I do believe that's what he's after -- South Korea doesn't carry enough weight in the world.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
yeah our way of life would be endangered

to put a stop to all 53 North Koreans in the united states

It would be like... a few snow days from work lol

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
North Korea simply does not have the military intelligence nor required resources to even be able to take on the United States. Even if they did get North Korean spies into the US, it would take a lot of them to overpower a single launch site or even a power plant before they could do any damage. By which time they'd be dispatched by some American counter-terrorism operative with a striking resemblance to Jack Bauer.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join