It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea pre-emptive strikes on "key sites" in United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

www.doomdaily.com

PYONGYANG, June 15.

North Korea could have pre-emptive strikes on “key facilities of the United States in the event of any” provocation “by the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The statement was made by Vice-Minister of the People’s Armed forces of the DPRK Pak Jae Kyong, speaking at a major rally in central Pyongyang.

The event was organized to protest against last week at the UN Security Council resolution condemning the second North Korean nuclear test. The document contains, among other things, calls upon all States to inspect ships entering the DPRK and made of it, to determine the presence on board of prohibited weapons and nuclear materials.

Link to Doomdaily is translated from the russian site. Ill link to that here as well. www.itar-tass.com...

www.doomdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't get all this bullpoo. Was America threatened when it did all it's Nuclear Weapon Testing? Was France threatened when it did it's testing? And the many other countries for theirs? NO!!!

Why in the hell is America threatening NK for testing out their capabilties for Nuclear Weapon construction when America is the biggest threat in the world for a Nuclear War?

Ok I guess the answer is because they think they run the world. NOT!!

The 'New World Order' wants to rule the world and they are going though the biggest and well armed continent to do it!!

The US of *SNIP*A...... Where all wars are started through the NWO...... Sick of this!!! Wish some Aliens would come down and take me away from this poo!!!!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

When the US did their testing, no one else had the technology, so they were in no position to threaten! Everyone was watching in horror, but afraid to say very much at all.

N. Korea attaining these weapons is a bad thing for the whole world. This is not the US ramping up rhetoric, this is Japan, Russia, China, the UN, and S. Korea calling for action.

The OP states that N.Korea is the one threatening "preemptive strikes." This is not the US threatening. The UN passed sanctions and N.Korea is threatening anyone that helps carry out those sanctions.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Only one minor problem- NK CAN'T strike any KEY sites in the US. They don't have the delivery systems. And I would venture they'll be taken out LONG before they ever acquire that capability.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk

www.doomdaily.com
States

The headline of the original article would like you to believe that North Korea is going to nuke the mainland US. I am not surprised by such fearmongering from a site called "www.doomdaily.com"

Let's look the article again:

PYONGYANG, June 15.

North Korea could have pre-emptive strikes on “key facilities of the United States in the event of any” provocation “by the United States.

They are likely making threats toward key military facilities in and around Pyongyang. The headline of the original article shows demonstrates that the writer was being either ignorant or deliberately misleading. .

[edit on 6/15/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Only one minor problem- NK CAN'T strike any KEY sites in the US. They don't have the delivery systems. And I would venture they'll be taken out LONG before they ever acquire that capability.

maybe some bombs are already there

u know NK = Terrorists friends etc etc

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

If I was in charge I would immediately send a food and grain shipment to NK without strings attached.

In addition I would unleash a huge wave of our diplomatic corps to negotiate.

Food and talk are pretty cheap.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thing is how did all this start? Did NK invade anyone? Did they threaten anyone while the were testing their atomic power? (Not weapons)

Are NK allowed to have a Nuclear weapon arsenal to defend themselves? Or is it only US and their allies that are allowed?

U see I'm a bit mesmerised by the US's involvement in all this. They seem to have a lot of fingers in other people's pies. And not for the good of the people of the world.

See what I'm getting at?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
I don't get all this bull#. Was America threatened when it did all it's Nuclear Weapon Testing? Was France threatened when it did it's testing? And the many other countries for theirs? NO!!!

Why in the hell is America threatening NK for testing out their capabilties for Nuclear Weapon construction when America is the biggest threat in the world for a Nuclear War?

Ok I guess the answer is because they think they run the world. NOT!!

The 'New World Order' wants to rule the world and they are going though the biggest and well armed continent to do it!!

The US of f....ing A...... Where all wars are started through the NWO...... Sick of this!!! Wish some Aliens would come down and take me away from this s**t!!!!

Woah partner take a read again please. This is NK saying it may bomb the US as a preemptive strike.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They could also hit Hawaii the missile test that failed failed after it had cleared Hawaii granite it was to be used to put a satellite up but it did make it past Hawaii before failing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I certainly see what you are getting at, and believe me, us Americans would love to have all our troops at home and handling domestic issues.

N. Korea does routinely threaten people, the Korean DMZ is heavily fortified, they shot a missile over the isle of Japan last year, and Lil Kim is more of an antagonist than anyone else in the world.

This is a lingering result of another unfinished war. When Korea was split, and no real treaty reached, it put everyone in an awkward position. We can't walk away, and we can't invade.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Umm, excuse me, but the article itself reads:

“Our armed forces will cause the powerful strikes on key installations in the United States, and destroy all imperialist aggressor forces in any point of the globe they may be”, - stressed the Deputy Defense Minister North.

So don't try to make me look like the fool. I read the thing. Maybe it's time YOU did.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie
reply to post by komp_uk

If I was in charge I would immediately send a food and grain shipment to NK without strings attached.

Outstanding suggestions! Are you interested in running for any public office? Everytime I see good common sense approaches to the world's problems I ask the same question, but I haven't gotten any takers so far!

Please run for mayor, governor, constable or something, and spread your good common sense around!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by total newbie
reply to post by komp_uk

Outstanding suggestions! Are you interested in running for any public office? Everytime I see good common sense approaches to the world's problems I ask the same question, but I haven't gotten any takers so far!

Please run for mayor, governor, constable or something, and spread your good common sense around!

North Korea has let grain rot in silos and not given it to its people. It has people starving all over the place yet it spends money on testing Nukes that could be spent to feed everyone in the country.

How are you going to negotiate with people that don't hold up their end of the bargain? How are you going to negotiate when they wont meet with you? How do you get food to the people that are starving when lil Kim doesn't want them to have it?

I think you need to do some reading.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Somehow I am not worried about the threats of an under-developed country with no real economy. They do this in cycles in hopes of being given money and food to stay level-headed.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i think every country and person should defend themselves from a potential enemy; however, to threaten some one bigger or stronger than you, you best know what you stand for. as for the korean threats, do not concern yourself: america has the technology to intercept icbms via laser weaponary housed on a modified 747. we all have our pride, however pride came before the fall...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

North Korea has let grain rot in silos and not given it to its people.

I take it you've got credible news reports to back this up?
Not doubting you or pointing the finger, I'm asking because I'm naive of this information.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't know, what I read and take from the article is this...

A lone factory worker in Korea is approached, he will be ableto gain access to the US, where he is to meet up with other extremist to assist in a plot. His family gets a decent amount of goods and or money. He gets sent here along with a few other guys, waiting to detonate the next dirty bomb.

I mean we've been hit on our on soil before right?
And for the extremely speculative mind, throw some chinese backing into it....bam bombs go off stateside.

I mean we can debate thier missle capabilites all day, but simple explosives and means of basic transportaion have really hit home before right?

Just my take on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Somehow I am not worried about the threats of an under-developed country with no real economy. They do this in cycles in hopes of being given money and food to stay level-headed.

I think they have closer ties to china, russia and iran than we are all lead to believe.

They have been appearing to gear up for a long range missile for the last 2 weeks and the slightest thing will tip them over the edge.

The UN sanctions are in place.

The cards have been dealt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join