It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Dump Kerry Before Convention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Based on news talk shows over the weekend there seems to be a growing sentiment that Kerry may already be a non-entity for the November elections. There's certainly many that would agree. Could we be seeing history in the making? Will a candidate with enough votes to win the nomination get dumped by his party because they know he can't win? Is Kerry doomed?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
just curious, which news talk show was this on?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Um, based on news talk shows over the weekend, Kerry is enjoying overwhelming support and everyday he looks closer to winning. Thanks to the daily incompetence of the Bush administration. Now I want the five seconds of my life that I wasted on this thread back.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Interesting thought there.
But, aren't they already stuck with him???
Aren't the delegates committed in most states already? I should know that, but I probably didn't understand it when the nun in Civics tried to explain the presidential election process

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm sure he'll be nominated, despite his incessant whining:
www.republika.pl...

seekerof

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I know it was on Fox (no surprise there) and I believe it was also discussed on MSNBC. The real issue they hit on was Kerry's continued low showing in terms of stating what he believes rather than trying to be all things to all people and the fact that the Bush camp continues to define the election and Kerry. With Kerry's waffling, the Bush camp will continue to be successful in it's approach.

DTOM,
They still haven't voted the nomination to Kerry so basically, anything's possible. I have to believe that if Kerry doesn't get things going, there's going to be some long and loud meetings in smoke filled rooms at the convention.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Your debating skills amaze me here Seekerof. Rather than let the discussion occur you want to immediately railroad it into another partisan snipe fest. YEA!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's a tough thing to back a loser, Observer, so pity him!

Usually, those who can't fight act crazy....it's been in many a movie and all school yards!

On thread: Kerry is leading in most major polls. What's the panic? It also comes after the Bush campaign dropped about $50M on attack ads. The other result? 56% of Americans say they're covering up something around 9/11.
So, all that money spent & a two front war has not been dented or shown postive traction for them.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Some interesting flipflops for your consumption. I'm sure I could find a site about GW's campaign reversals too but I was curious about googling for "waffles".

slate.msn.com...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is a crazy thread. I dont think they can drop him.
There has to be someone runing against bush. You cant put Dean back in.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
This is a crazy thread. I dont think they can drop him.
There has to be someone runing against bush. You cant put Dean back in.

Or, do they drop him and then place Hillary/Clark as the ticket to save the party? There was talk of that awhile ago but it quieted down. Still makes you wonder.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Your debating skills amaze me here Seekerof. Rather than let the discussion occur you want to immediately railroad it into another partisan snipe fest. YEA!!!!!!!!

Debating skills are fine observer, partisanship works both ways....right BT?
And the 'prop' says all that I need to say. But for the sake of civility, I'll link, k?

seekerof

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yes, I find it interesting that after the Reelect Bush office (aka CREEP II) dumps 50mil on an attack ad blitz now there is "talk" among the "dems" that Kerry should be "dumped." I smell Carl Rove behind this, and he smells just like BS that come trickling out of the sides of his mouth.
Only two other preseidents have had approval ratings as low as Bush the second's after April, Carter and Bush I, and you know what happened to their reelection bids right?
I sense fear in the Reupublicans.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
On thread: Kerry is leading in most major polls. What's the panic? It also comes after the Bush campaign dropped about $50M on attack ads. The other result? 56% of Americans say they're covering up something around 9/11.
So, all that money spent & a two front war has not been dented or shown postive traction for them.

Yup. I'm quite optomistic actually. Historically, an incumbant has a double digit lead at this early point in an election year, even if he's to later lose. Carter was ahead of Reagen by 9 points. Bush was whooping Clinton at this time too. Of course, you know what happened.

Given Bush spending and his flat (if not falling numbers) I'd say Kerry is poised perfectly. No "Dean" bubble...and holding his own quite well despite relentless million dollar campaign ads.

If anything I'd say Bush is shooting his wad and getting his message (whatever that is) overexposed too early.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by RANT]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ive been watching his speeches on CSPAN and like what he has to say. I like the way he sounds like he'll handle things. He does not represent the far left well and thats whats causing the unrest.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by jrod]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To be more on topic. I don't think this is any more than some in conservative circles trying to whip up a little fear in the dems. Cal Thomas (a very respected conservative columnist) wrote an op/ed last week indicating that HE thinks Hillary will be the nominee. But I can't see that happening myself.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think they'll draft a Hillary/Edwards ticket. Kerry's just serving as a lightning rod during the early battles. Sure, if he could do better he could keep the nomination but, it's not looking good. Like I've said on other threads, I'm no Bush fan but I just can't take Kerry seriously.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
He does not represent the far left well and thats whats causing the unrest.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by jrod]

jrod,
Eveerything I've seen puts him farther left than Kennedy. I wish the dems could have put up someone like Gephardt. He was electable and doesn't carry the bagage that Kerry does. I think the real problem with the dems is a long standing internal struggle on just how far left they should be. Nancy Pelosi and company seem to be in control and are just too far left for mainstream America

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Gosh, Hilary would be a fantastic running mate for Kerry.

I don't think the Dems will drop Kerry at the last minute. After all, he was the one chosen by the most democratic voters in the primaries. Booting him would be...well...undemocratic.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
hm yall ever consider a Hilary/Kerry ticket? maybe this campain is just a ploy to get everyone in love with kerry and then to kill bush by puttin hilary in the last minute

top topics

<<   2 >>

join