It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality in the UK - Nottingham

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well folks.

Here we have yet another fine example of police brutality in the UK. This took place in the early hours of this morning. I have recently posted on my Facebook acount 3 others examples of this sort of police violence in only a few months.

www.youtube.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Fascist Police State has arrived in the UK people. If you think it's bad in the states, we're right up there with you. But it's going to change. I promise you all that. I've created a group called the GreenShirt Group - starting on Facebook.

We will stop this. It's time for action - not talking about action.

The Para.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Parallex]

Mod edit: removed the all cap words BREAKING NEWS from the title.

[edit on 16 Jun 09 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
oh # thats right out side tram stop. i better watch my back from these guys.

the police think they can get away with this. all this needed was one person to act on how wrong this was and i think people would of stood up agianst them.

Police Brutality in my home town. new low.

no wonder the polcie of scared and pick on the youths in general they would'nt take that crap.

I'll be carrying my phone with me more often.

watch you out guys.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thats very wrong of the policeman. and if they put in a formal compliant chances are justice against the officer will happen.

Im seeing alot of threads against the police latley and i dont think it is hugley appropriate. Just trying to get people angry.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
people should get angry about how the police treat people

thats why the police do it. they think they can get away with it.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

They are not all the same you know. not every police officer will feel incline to hit someone when they are being held down by four men.

How would you feel if the police went on strike for a month?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i wouldnt care i dont think people will instantly think oo the police on strike lets go mad ? i have faith in that.

I dint say they all would but the ones that do punch people and beat people for no reason need to be jailed and shamed

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There are two types of police.

1) Police MEN & WOMEN.
2) Police Officers.

One of them enforces the corporate status quo, and brutally suppresses the people when they demand rights. The other serves and protects - remembering who it is that pays their wages, and who it is that lets them be there in the first place.

Take a flying guess which type fits which description? Then take a guess as to which type is featured in this video?

Trust me, I don't hate police men & women. I hate police officers, who blindly swallow a corrupt governments policies. Who beat people when they are down. Who make up laws on the spot to try and bend people to their will just to massge their own ego's.

Oh yes, we live in a Fascist Police State already. Question is, when will the police start fighting each other? When will the sides form?

The Para.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What did that guy do I wonder. Seems like a lot of backup for just one individual. There was no need for the what he got, sometimes the aggression is justified though... here?? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You can see the guy was a bit of a handful but i have seen worse handled arrests without a taser or punches being thrown.
That cop was just itchin to taser him & is why he went in for a second go.
Totally unnecessary imo.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lucky guy the one who filmed it. They could've arrested him and taken the footage.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

People live to hate the police, it's a thought process that's been around since authority has been here.

For some reason people think this has something to do with the NWO or some sort of change but the truth is if you look at history events and actions are nothing new.
It's simply just more noticeable because there is a new attention on it which is good the bad part is when this information falls into the hands of those people who try to connect it to other things or don't have the depth, logic, and reason to understand it's a situation belonging to the individual who does it and not the entire group themselves so then they start throwing out generalizations that all police are bad which is ridiculous.

My brothers a police officer, some of my friends are police officers and they are all wonderful men who strive to help others and are verbally and physically abused on a daily basis by the people they stop or even try to help but no you do not hear them speaking out about how disgusting and low the human race is or arresting the entire human race for the action of one human.
They understand that a persons actions belong to them and only them and no one else should take on the blame of that other persons actions.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

You would probably be very shocked then. your neighbors looting shops, people mugging everybody, violence, fires. it would be like a warzone.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If you think that bad, i have been mind raped for 17 years.

The police have all these techs for years, and the government in uk. They have not let me live a single second of my life for 17 years, in london.

SO think yourself lucky these weapons are not used on you in england also. They must be doing this to many people in uk, but most people would not even know.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

looks like you have little faith in your human friends
i know my nieghbourhood wouldnt be like that. i think community relationships would become stronger.

No one knows untill it happens lets hope i am right ay ?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I would have liked to seen what transpired prior to the tazer and punching, as that part seems crucial to determining if the police actions were justified or not. As for all the backup that was likely because of the crowd which gathered and probably given the right elements would have been all about jumping those officers judging by the tone of insults thrown.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
reply to post by MR BOB

...then they start throwing out generalizations that all police are bad which is ridiculous...

...My brothers a police officer, some of my friends are police officers and they are all wonderful men...

I'm not generalizing. Do your brother and friends a favour, don't refer to them as Police OFFICERS. Refer to them as police men and women - if indeed they deserve the title. The ones we see in this video are police OFFICERS - performing the role with no humanity, decency or compassion. As you say - there are police representatives out there, that do a grand job. Unfortunately, their number is lessening with each passing day. Mainly because the training they all receive promotes the OFFICER type behaviour.

Where else do you get OFFICERS? CEO - Chief Executive Officer. CFO - Chief Financial Officer. Tax Officer. Welfare Officer. Do I need to carry on?

Remember, we are all in contract with our respective governments whether we like it or not. Police OFFICERS enforce these contracts. Police men and women serve and protect. Enough said.

The Para.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Now,this could just be down to "youtube lag,"but it appears that both times the taser is deployed,the pi...i mean cop only shouts the Taser warning,just after he deploys.
I am correct in thinking the warning is supposed to be issued PRIOR to taser deployment?
If so,and if not lag,the victim could have a case here?
I find it sad that I am no longer surprised at this kind of footage...disgusted yes,surprised no.

That said,there are still a lot of good cops in the UK,who manage do a tough job without resorting to beating people up.

The cameraman was lucky they didnt see him filming,or he too would have recieved similar treatment I think.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Damn the BBC...no mention of those 3 heavy blows to the head on their page.
And we are supposed to believe they are non biased.

Edit to say:

Maybe you wanna try to get that video uploaded to ATS media,as I don't think it will be on youtube for long,given thier track record.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

This is what the UK needs "SOME POLICE WITH BALLS" that’s the whole point, people have been getting away with murder for too long. I support our boys in blue 100%, somebody has to sort this pissed up country out.

The two male officers were joined by two other officers who ordered the man to put his hands out.
When he failed to do so, the officer with the Taser fires it again, shouting: "Taser, Taser, Taser."
A crowd of 30 to 40 people quickly gathered and questioned the police's tactics.
The video was given to local radio station Trent FM and has also been posted on YouTube.

'Trust and confidence'

Nottinghamshire Police said officers were trying to arrest the 40-year-old man after they were called out by door staff at one of the city's nightspots.
A police officer was assaulted, the force claimed, and needed hospital treatment

So he assaulted a police officer, they should of give him 50.000.000.000 volt.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
If you think that bad, i have been mind raped for 17 years.

The police have all these techs for years, and the government in uk. They have not let me live a single second of my life for 17 years, in london.

SO think yourself lucky these weapons are not used on you in england also. They must be doing this to many people in uk, but most people would not even know.

andy1033, you write that every post, when the thread relates to police.

What's up dude? Can you describe in detail what the problem is? Perhaps create a dedicated thread of your own.

p.s. I had a quick look at your profile, but nothing seems relevant to what you allude to.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join