It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality in the UK - Nottingham

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My guess is he's either BNP or a Pub Landlord.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion - even if it is ludicrously stupid.

The Para.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

The BBC TV news said one officer was injured
, so the victim may have been drunk and the one with the tazer got angry as he was the one that got his fingernail broken or hair ruffled...God forbid...not the hair i tell 'ya - Punishment by death.

He got tazered twice and the other orifice punched him repeatedly; nothing more to it really. I'm sure the IPCC will find they acted within the rules and everything is hunky dorey!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
reply to post by Parallex

This is what the UK needs "SOME POLICE WITH BALLS" that’s the whole point, people have been getting away with murder for too long. I support our boys in blue 100%, somebody has to sort this pissed up country out.

The two male officers were joined by two other officers who ordered the man to put his hands out.
When he failed to do so, the officer with the Taser fires it again, shouting: "Taser, Taser, Taser."
A crowd of 30 to 40 people quickly gathered and questioned the police's tactics.
The video was given to local radio station Trent FM and has also been posted on YouTube.

'Trust and confidence'

Nottinghamshire Police said officers were trying to arrest the 40-year-old man after they were called out by door staff at one of the city's nightspots.
A police officer was assaulted, the force claimed, and needed hospital treatment

So he assaulted a police officer, they should of give him 50.000.000.000 volt.

Not exactly that's what the forces are claiming to jusitfy their actions, we don't know what actually happened.

CX

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by andy1033
If you think that bad, i have been mind raped for 17 years.

The police have all these techs for years, and the government in uk. They have not let me live a single second of my life for 17 years, in london.

SO think yourself lucky these weapons are not used on you in england also. They must be doing this to many people in uk, but most people would not even know.

andy1033, you write that every post, when the thread relates to police.

What's up dude? Can you describe in detail what the problem is? Perhaps create a dedicated thread of your own.

I was about to post these exact words. If andy is up to his own thread on his experiences, i'm sure it would make great reading here on ATS.

Would certainly save a lot of guessing every time.

CX.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mc1km

he actions of the cop that did the punching was IMHO totally unacceptable and unnecessary.

However, it is alleged that we don't have all of the facts and that the by all accounts drunk man had assaulted an officer.

What was noticeable was how many cops it took to cuff this guy and he looked pretty big and was observably very strong.

Apart from the punching to the head, I find it difficult to see how the cops could have used less force to restrain this guy.

For all we know the man could have been a thuggish nut job who had just rammed his fist down some poor sods throat.

There are many decent people in the police force and perhaps we shouldn't forget that. Because there may come a time when some drunken loon decides to push a beer bottle into our face for no other reason than he's a nutter and the cops may be too afraid of taking action against him.

let's allow an investigation take it's course and see what the outcome is . When it come to the punching cop, well the camera doesn't lie and he should get what we expect.

We are all pretty much aware that fascism seems to be the order of the day, but we should avoid knee jerk reactions without all the facts as that would only be giving in, to a minority and could leave us with egg on our faces.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well to me it looks like the blows thrown by the Police Officer were aimed “And Hit” the top of his arm (dead arm technique) The guy on the floor was resisting arrest you can clearly see he is kicking out and refusing to cooperate with the officers trying to carry out the arrest. Good job he wasn’t black as we would have the Politically Correct brigade on here as well.

What makes me laugh is all these people calling the Police Fascist “BS” stop sulking and deal with it like men. The UK has been way out of control for years “And it isn’t the Police ruining everyone’s lives” it’s the huge amount of Drunken people who think they are Ricky Hatton after a few beers (Including the women) Binge Drinking Britain at its best.

I used to go out regularly but that soon changes when I saw how rootless people can be after a few beers. Fight after Fight, Over women, Over spilling a pint, Or over looking at somebody they wrong way “I like the Police and I am sick to death of this binge drinking culture” In my opinion and from what I have read this situation is nothing other than a “Drunken Yob” getting a taste of his own medicine.

For those not from the UK and wondering what a “Drunken Yob” is click here Link

This is the filth our Police have to deal with, if they have to use force then so be it. I would hate a Police force that just stand there saying quietly “Can I arrest you please” This is the type of ZERO Tolerance we need to see to get some discipline back into society.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I was on the receiving end of a couple of good beatings by The Police in the mid 80's to early 90's.

Once a full van load of Police officers took it in turn to punch and kick me.
I suffered quite a few bupms and bruises I assure you.
My crime...they suspected I had been involved in some trouble earlier in the evening and arrested me.
I complained to the Desk Sergeant who was told the injuries were as a result of me resisting arrest, which I had not, ( I had learnt years earlier that it was pointless resisting arrest when faced with 8 Police Officers!).
I was charged with resisting arrest and breach of the peace.
The resisting arrest charge was later dropped.

It could have been worse.

Liddle Towers.
en.wikipedia.org...
Justifiable Homicide.
Surely a contradiction of terms.

Blair Peach.
en.wikipedia.org...

I genuinely thought this was a thing of the past but I have recently heard some really disturbing sories about police useage of pepper spray and other abuses of power.

Long gone are the days of The Police being guardians of Law And Order.
They are used a political tool, (see The Miners Strike and possibly evey other Protest March since!), and view themselves as a all powerful organisation who can dictate law and order.

That Police Officers can now influence and force changes in law is a disgrace.

Police Officers regularly overstep their authority.
They can not stop and search anyone without having REASONABLE suspicion that have are about to or have just committed a crime.
Random searches are against the law.

www.kevinboone.com...

That we are becoming more and more a police state is undeniable.
The worrying thing is that we do so with our full knowledge and that we offer so little resistance.

The shame of it!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
man, i can't believe this happened where i walk just about everyday. i hope this doesn't happen to me on saturday. it's normally everyday people attacking you in nottingham, now the bacon

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Im sorry but i beleive the police did everything they could in that situation. That man could have had a sub machine gun, grenades or a hunting knife on him. They had to get him down before he had a chance to pull anything dangerous on them.

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've held back from this post as in the past i've labelled as a police apologist (if thats the rights word?).

However i do feel it is neccessary for those who have not got experience of restraining someone, to hear what it is like.

Just for the record, from the video, i too think the force is a bit excessive, however we are only seeing the aftermath.

I know when i was in the military police (and i'm not sure if it's the same as the civillian police), we were bound (to a degree) of using recognised police holds. Arm locks, wrist locks and the usual holds that you use as an officer.

However there were a few times when it was just not possible to appply a hold due to the size and strength of the guy i was arresting. I have seen a couple of times, an officer having to punch a guys arm (either that or use a baton) in order for the arm to tire enough to apply a hold and keep him and us safe.

The worst one i personaly ever dealt with, was a huge soldier who would quite happily trash a bar when he had a few drinks and was provoked. On several occasions i have seen him led to the van by his nuts! It saved a whole heap of injuries to others.

I actualy spoke to my boss once regarding the force i has to use on a guy, as i thought it was neccessary, but a bit OTT. I was told that you do what you have to do to "end up in a recognized police hold".

So i'm saying, there are times when you come up against a guy you cannot afford to let get the better of you, as he will be a danger to others. Sometimes these situations require what apears to be excessive force.

I don't know, i respect everyones opinions here and still think theres not enough info to comment on. I would, have thought that two tazes would be enough to make anyone stay put without punching them too.

That said, the guy in the vid didn't look that small, i'm not sure i'd want him to get up any time soon if i was restraining him.

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i dont know if the police was scared of the publics reaction or looking for a revolt lol but today i saw 6 cops in nottingam from market sqaure. I dont think i've seee the amount of cops at once.

Maybe they was trying to resure people they actually have some friendly decent cops.

Nottingham still is great
even with the really phyco cops

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001

Maybe they was trying to resure people they actually have some friendly decent cops.

Nottingham still is great
even with the really phyco cops

This is the thing, there are some great cops out there still, it's just crap when the minority give them a bad name.

As for Nottingham, all i ever used to hear about was how it was the gun capital of Britain etc etc, but on the few occasions i've been there, i found the people and the place lovely.

I'm sure it has it's exceptions, but doesn't everywhere?

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The police here in scouseland have no time for beating anyone up as they are all in their cars and vans hiding behind bushes trying to get that most horrendous of all of lifes criminals- "speeders!" They don't sully themselves by arresting thieves, rapists and burglars. There's no money to be made in that. . .
Instead we have the pretend police, community wardens, patrolling the streets who are far too old to attack anyone as their average age is about 65. . . With the good weather we're having at the moment the poor buggers can hardly breath.

Being serious for a moment, could the police's over the top action not be down to the high gun crime in that area? Even if it is, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Even if it is, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
I'm sorry, but in England that went out the window YEARS ago. Now it's "you a member of the public? Right, you're guilty"

Now, with this case, the guy had been ejected from a club by bouncers, who'd called the police. Reports suggest that the man punched out a coppers tooth, so he needed to be subdued and blah blah. But once tasered, that should have been it, from an impartial professional policeman point of view. Saying he was still resisting arrest is rubbish, once tasered, you're pretty much at the mercy of whoever for the next minute or so, as your muscles get back to normal. There wasn't any need to dead arm him, he was convulting on the floor FFS

It was revenge cos one of their own took a whack around the chops. IMO. Pure and simple.

And wholst i have always had a massively engrained hatred for the police, I can half sympathise with them on this case, but i still think that reasonable force was left behind, because he'd assauted one of them.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

yeah thats all the media says about us but if you come to my city ( yes mine lol ) you will see its great.

there are lots of good police but we need need to get rid of the bad ones.

6 cops in one day ahhh never happens lol unless your at the city ground

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Nottingham is just the same as every other city, but it's just a case of does the good outweigh the bad.
I've had no bullet holes in my chest, so so far so good.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by devilandthedeep

well nottingham is slighty better
but i understand what your saying.

Good always over weighs the bad but we still need the bad things dealt with.

We need bad things to happen without them people dont ask questions and things wont change.

lets hope justice is done after the review

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
And wholst i have always had a massively engrained hatred for the police,

I have noticed from your previous posts that you aren't exactly fond of the police lol, but your comment there interests me greatly.

Do you think that a true hatred for the police comes from many negative dealings with them, or can people develope a hatred for the police without ever having been involved with them?

The reason i ask is because i, as you probably know by now, think most of the police do a great job. Yes theres a few bad apples, but i opften stick up for the ones that are just doing thier job to the best of thier abilities.

I have repsect for the police and probably always will have....however....

After reading through this thread, i typed in "Police brutality" on YouTube. I think i watched about ten minutes of videos where police have been caught using over the top violence.

By the end of those ten minutes, a very short space of time when you think of it.....i felt genuine hatred towards the police. I switched off YouTube and all i could think of was what scum the police were.

The sad thing is, for a moment i wasn't thinking to myself, "Oh but thats just a few bad ones".

Within a few minutes of watching some rather nasty treatment being dished out, i had given ALL police a blanket negative label.

Now having turned YouTube off, i am sat here again knowing that there are many good cops out there to balance out these idiots that we are talking about.

I just worry that if i felt like that after just a few minutes, if someone has a deep hatred of the police, and emerses themselves in these videos and way of thinking all the time, what on earth must they be setting themselves up for?

There are many people here on ATS that have a deep deep hatred for the police. That worries me greatly.

If they've had personal bad dealings with them, then maybe it's justified to some degree, but i do wonder how many people here are developing a deep rooted hatred from just listening to stories here and watching a few videos?

Acidtastic, this is not a personal dig at yourself, your comment just got me thinking about many members in general thats all.

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

By the end of those ten minutes, a very short space of time when you think of it.....i felt genuine hatred towards the police. I switched off YouTube and all i could think of was what scum the police were.
reply to post by CX

Welcome to my world. In the last ten years or so the police really do seem to have a hidden agenda. Often you will see the aggresive skin headed, tattood knobhead cause trouble but those who dare to stand up to them will end up in the back of the police panda car. . . I have been this person! The police have lost the respect of the general public, they seem unable to deal with the most minute of problems without escalating it into a major event, and at the end of the day all they want is someone sitting in a cell who is going to get the shi*ty end of the stick and end up in court.
The police are no longer working for you. . . they are against you! And they are against you because somewhere along the line the government have corrupted their main aim which was to protect the general public and instead have made them a kind of private army.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Staggering level of ignorance. Honestly.

Lost respect for the general public? Who protects the public? And as far as escalating to a higher level of violence? We don't live in candyland anymore. Sometimes to you have no choice but to. I sincerely doubt that those officers woke up that day thinking, "I'll have my morning tea...then go kick someones ass."

Is it me or is this just a "bit" similar to the Rodney King incident? You're not seeing the full story. This individual was resisting the officers attempts to restrain him. He attempted to kick one of the officers.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by KEMIK]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join