It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical new theory suggests Earth's magnetism may be linked to movement of ocean currents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It was my understanding that electricity and magnetism are both part of the same universal force, Electromagnetism.. at least when you get into String Theory and the likes. One doesn't cause the other, they are one and the same.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
For those saying this lends credence to Hollow Earth Theory, how does this potential find change/explain away things like P-Wave shadow zone behavior?

P-Wave Shadow Zone (scroll down to relevant section).

Not trying to flame, I am genuinely curious in a rational answer from someone more familiar with this theory than I am.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't know how much time is left for me so please excuse the ramblings in this post. It is imperative this information is seeded where it may become useful to other seekers. My declining health and energy may not permit another opportunity. :

The evidence is clear; Earth's magnetic field is from the core and also affected by currents from the sun.

There is definitely lots of energy and nuclear reactions happening in the earth's molten iron-nickel core. I base my statement on the evidence proving Earth is expanding. Furthermore, there is additional evidence showing other expanding planets in our solar system too. - (link: www.nealadams.com...)

This likely means all planets underwent the same formation processes in the beginning. There is plenty of energy at Earth's molten core to explain its gravitational(a.k.a. magnetic) properties.

By the way; gravity and magnetism are the same.
Gravity is basically magnetism at a massive scale - Test; One can easily determine the size of a planet's solid surface by measuring its magnetic strength... even for a "gas planet" like Jupiter. (Amusing how our current scientific establishment still claims mass determines gravity. hahaha!) Energy & Mass of a ferromagnetic alloy like Iron is the main factor in field strength! Simple magnetism.

The same formation processes responsible for the creation of our planets also govern our Sun. NASA among other scientific establishments will tell you that our sun is all gas/plasma (standard sun model) but don't believe them. There is plenty of satellite data proving huge amounts of heavy elements which make the standard model and its magical fusion reactions an obvious work of fiction. (Examples: thesurfaceofthesun.com...)

For those interested in cold fusion, another implication; our sun's immense energy and byproducts like Helium originate not from the core(standard model) but from its surface. This also explains why our sun's outer plasma layers are hotter than the surface.

Various science experiments have already proven a metal's ability to absorb a fusable gas like deuterium can result in Helium output where no Helium was introduced. (look up "deuterium loading") Note: neutrons, have been detected in deuterium loading experiments. Although cold fusion has been verified you will not see this in the news, or from NASA. Fortunately, many independent scientists are working on it.

Note: solid and liquid properties can be viewed from satellite images at thesurfaceofthesun.com... These are interesting properties one can reasonably expect when molten metal interacts with gas. - When metal absorbs enough gas it becomes brittle resulting in fissures.

There is no reason to believe the same phenomenon doesn't apply to the sun especially since it likely has a liquid metal surface interacting with stellar gas. (Reference: Birkeland model, liquid-plasma sun model)

If the liquid-plasma sun model is correct: It should be theoretically possible to create a fusion device consisting of a thermite mixture (like nickel, iron, sulfur) reacting in a vessel of deuterium. Perhaps cold fusion's simplicity is the reason why NASA and other governmental agencies don't publicly fund deuterium loading projects. Can you imagine "free energy" for all people?

Plato

[edit on 16-6-2009 by platoslab]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by MR BOB

Your OP said :
New research suggests that Earth’s magnetic field could be produced by ocean currents rather than molten metals swirling around its core as was previously thought.

Sure ! I'll believe anything !!!

How about Earth's magnetic fields being produced by an inner sun ?

Makes at least as much sense as the oceans !

The idea may not be as far fetched as you believe.

The Earth has an iron-nickel core and same composition has been detected from the sun during lower periods of activity. According to modern physics, the Earth was once made of molten metal.

Since all the planets obviously underwent the same formation why shouldn't they all share similar core composition? Gas and plasma does not congregate by itself. You need lots of ferrous debris and energy to hold it all together. Energy is responsible for the magnetic (a.k.a gravitational) fields you see.

We lack the technology to go deeper than the sun's surface. Anything you read regarding its fusion core is theory and not yet proven. If you can consider the possibility that the sun's core is liquid iron-nickel instead, everything will make much more sense. Read my previous post for more details.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

For all you people who are saying that it makes no sense scientifically, then that means that you aren't thinking like scientists. Scientists must ALWAYS keep an open mind. Always. Otherwise, we become no worse than all those religious zealots who proclaim that things can't be a certain way, because "it is written." Well, just because a scientific theory has been written down someplace, doesn't make it true. Scientists must always keep an open mind.

For example....let me introduce you to the "expanding earth theory." This theory also suggests that earth behaves much, much differently than the current scientific theories suggest. See the clips here:

www.nealadams.com...

I'm a scientist....but I keep an open mind about every theory I hear. Some may sound absurd at first, but sometimes the most absurd sounding things turn out to be true.

Remember, it's all theory. The theory of evolution. The continental drift theory. The big bang theory. It's all just theory. For those of you who are crying "it can't be true!"...that's what they told Galileo....Einstein....and others.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Hi, you raise an interesting point about the changing polarity every few thousand years. Why do you think that occurs?

I read once that the mayan calendar mentioned epochs, and that we were in the 5th epoch (something like that) and that the earth's crust actually displaced every few thousand years causing the end of an epoch, and when that happened it caused the change in polarity? (together with mass surface destruction, sudden ice age, etc.. etc.)

Sounded a bit way out there, but I have not heard of any scientific reasons for the cause of it.

Thanks,

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

If the originator of the theory can make a correlation between the ocean movement patterns and the changes in the magnetic field then we can have an operating theory. Both ocean currents and earth's magnetic field are in constant change. It should be relatively easy to correlate the two. Trade wind variations, la nino, la nina, northeast Atlantic flow variations come to mind. Where is the correlation?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Excuse me for sounding like a retard, But if the hollow earth theory is true, where does all the lava come from? Does it then run quite shallow underground like a river? If it does, does that cause enough pressure for it to burst out of the earth the way it does?

One more thing, if the hollow earth theory is true, what does that mean for our theories on other planets in our solar system that have "cooled down from within"? Surely there must be other explanations why they now ceise to support life, other than... 'it burned out'..

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
so if more freshwater dilutes the salt in the oceans, does that mean we will have less magnetism?

could this be a factor in planet weather cycles?

Every year when the Ice Caps of the South and North freeze and grow, the salt is not locked in the ice, technically speaking during winter months the Ocean has a higher concentration of Salt.

But there is no evidence to suggest a Magnetic difference from these changes, season to season.

Interesting theory in and of it's self, I just wish the Global Warming crowd and their pseudo Science don't turn it into something it's not.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

WOW!

Interesting theory!
As other people mentioned the theory could describe why other planets in our solar systems might have circulating liquids in large quantities thus have a magnetic field versus the planets that don't appear to have liquids and don't posses a magnetic field around them.

What IMO is even more important about that proposed theory might be that if we could research the different properties of our own magnetic field of this planet that harbors life, Earth, versus the other planets we know they have a mag field but do not display signs of an an existing biosphere and find a way to detect magnetic fields of similar identities across many light years in to deep space then we might have a very reliable method to discover Earth like planets!
Also had NASA displayed an increasing chance of finding gaseous planets like our own Jupiter and Neptune or Uranus while they were looking around for Earthlike planets? I hope they didn't follow a similar method but they keep us in the dark of how they actually look for these things. Wouldn't surprise me the least, if they just cater any valuable discoveries to the very few and share only the worthless stuff with the rest of us.

Of course I wouldn't be expecting anything from NASA though, considering the latest rumors about the true identity of their scientific initiative TO NOT discover life on Mars by any means possible.

Amazing!
Star and Flag!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
Great Find! I so hope this is true... if it is then there may not be a solid core with swirling liquid outer core... which begs the question, what is really there?

This could really be the turning point for the hollow earth theory!!!

Yeah my thoughts also. Could this be something to do with the hollow earth theroy? If there is a inner sun burning and an inner ocean with inner land mass, couldn't this also be something to wonder about? Don't forget the Lizards all live underground.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

If a spinning mass (armature) within a medium where there is current flow (say solar winds) is also laterally moving through this charged medium, occurs, will a magnetic field be established?

conventional wisdom says that only charges in motion will create a magnetic field.

the next problem is that charges can either be moving freely (think of static electricity) or remain 'attached' to considerable mass. this would usually imply an ionic current, which is used, f-ex. for purposes of electroplating.

what you are getting at is that solar wind is a current (although astronomers will shun you if you say it) which opens an entire pallet of cans full of worms, because you'll now have to find a power source which maintains the required voltage differential....

if we ignore all of these fundamental and numerous issues for a second, it'll become obvious that electric power can be used to power the rotation of celestial bodies and pretty much anything that happens on their surface and below. it may even define their orbits, but it's all big quackery unless you can demonstrate that the required mechanisms exist in space.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by platoslab

By the way; gravity and magnetism are the same. Gravity is basically magnetism at a massive scale - Test; One can easily determine the size of a planet's solid surface by measuring its magnetic strength... even for a "gas planet" like Jupiter. (Amusing how our current scientific establishment still claims mass determines gravity. hahaha!) Energy & Mass of a ferromagnetic alloy like Iron is the main factor in field strength! Simple magnetism.

If they are the same, then why do Venus and Mars which have no magnetosphere have gravity? They've only detected traces of magnetic anomalies but nothing even close to an Earth like magnetosphere or one at all. Please provide some scientific proof that gravity and magnetism are the same.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

There is NO electric current within a bar magnet, in fact no one has a reliable theory as to how magnetism in a magnet exists, and continues to exist & create an attractive or repellant force with no power source.

if you took a superconducting loop and kept it in that state (cooled) you could use it like a permanent magnet, couldn't you?

superconductors are mysterious all by themselves, but if you agree, you'll see that you can essentially copy (with more stringent temperature limitations) their behaviour by using an electric current.

doesn't that lend some creedence to the atomic current hypothesis?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Although I'm not a scientist, i have to say that the last time that something happened to the ocean and fresh water mixed with salt water, the ocean current stoped and ICE AGE started, not "FIRE AGE". And you already know that the last ice age isn't over yet, since antarctica is still in one piece.
As for the inner core of this planet, scientists say that since the earth started it's life had no water but only molted materials. The "strike" of "Thea" (or so) caused the MOON and the rotation of the planet which, with the inner core, causes the magnetic field (or something like that). As for the hollow earth, i don't know if it exists, but untill someone gives me proof, not only words, I will believe him.
Once more, I'm not a scientist but searching the internet provides with many info, both usefull and useless.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

That just doesn't make sense.

I'll have to forget about everything I learned about Electro-Magnetic
Conductance where the Laws can be proved in any Lab with
something that can't reproduced or proven in a Lab.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by squiz
reply to post by Power_Semi

The electric currents in a bar magnet are on the sub atomic scale you could say, as all or most of the electrons are spinning in the same direction. However we are yet to find any bar magnets out in space.

No they aren't.

If there's one thing that winds me up about this forum it's when people start spouting gobbledy gook as though they are some kind of expert.

If you can prove your theory of electric currents within a magnet & harness it then well done - you have just solved the problem of perpetual motion.

Hello Power_Semi,

While in secondary school we had an end of year exam and part of the Science exam was a practical project. I my project would be electricity and how to extract it from a magnet. I got a motor and two halves of a horseshoe magnet and put them spinning around a coil which in turn got connected to an amp meter. when the motor was switched on the amp meter registered the amperes which were relative to the speed at which the magnet turned. So you see how easy it is to show the currents. The currents are not in the magnet but get translated to the coil somhow with the turning of the magnets. I'm no expert myself. Just another interested poster.

to squiz,

Hello again,

I have come across information not so very long ago about the digging of an ancient city somewhere in Iraq. They were saying that they found what they called ancient salt water batteries. Sorry I have no links at the moment. Perhaps you would have an idea how these might work..?

thx

daz__

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ok, I don't know why this isn't obvious to people.

First of all, look at how a battery works.

The bagdad battery, for example, operated by having a container which contained a conductive liquid; inside that liquid there was a metal core. When spun, this core generates a current. Get it?

This of the earth as a big combustion engine. If there's a molten metal core, and since the earth is covered in a saline solution, it's a no brainer that there will be a magnetic field.

THAT BEING SAID
I think there's still more to electromagnetism in the universe than we know so far.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Very intresting stuff indeed. Much more study needs to be done on the matter. But what about the whales?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
reply to post by platoslab

By the way; gravity and magnetism are the same. Gravity is basically magnetism at a massive scale - Test; One can easily determine the size of a planet's solid surface by measuring its magnetic strength... even for a "gas planet" like Jupiter. (Amusing how our current scientific establishment still claims mass determines gravity. hahaha!) Energy & Mass of a ferromagnetic alloy like Iron is the main factor in field strength! Simple magnetism.

If they are the same, then why do Venus and Mars which have no magnetosphere have gravity? They've only detected traces of magnetic anomalies but nothing even close to an Earth like magnetosphere or one at all. Please provide some scientific proof that gravity and magnetism are the same.

Venus and Mars both contain a magnetosphere. Google is your friend.

There is absolutely no observation that can differentiate Gravity from Magnetism. Every characteristic of “gravity” can be easily explained with magnetism.

North and South poles on a compass are one good example of magnetism.

The lava that flows out of the Earth should be enough proof that there is constant pressure and energy in the molten iron-nickel core. Iron nickel batteries are known to be highly dependable and store lots of energy. The visual evidence for planetary expansion suggests newly generated mass. Nuclear decay is a likely answer, again, a product of an energetic reaction.

Fact remains, where you see energy, you will see magnetism follow. Throw in heavy elements like iron -nickel and you will get increased field strength. Strong enough to affect objects at a distance and even bend light if massive enough(ie. Sun.). Have you ever seen the levitated frog on a strong magnetic field? It is a great example on how high magnetic fields can affect objects with low energetic fields. ( www.youtube.com... )

Try replicating a high magnetic field with hydrogen plasma that is comparable to liquid metal and you will fail. It cannot be done. Hydrogen plasma is simply not dense enough to account for our sun's ability to bend light.

With the Hall effect we know electricity is present in regular bar magnets since it can be measured. However, it is a negligible amount and not useful for powering devices. Perhaps when technology is more energy efficient we will see this change.

Iron deposits detected on Mars by NASA has shown higher “gravitational” strength which can be explained as magnetic coupling.

Edit: I forgot to mention lifters and how they appear to defy "gravity". A technology many suspect is behind UFO propulsion and their ability to shine brilliantly in the sky. jnaudin.free.fr... Notice how surface area and energy are the most important factors for lift.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join