It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA head says Cheney almost wishing US be attacked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

CIA head says Cheney almost wishing US be attacked

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- CIA Director Leon Panetta says former Vice President Dick Cheney's criticism of the Obama administration's approach to terrorism almost suggests "he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Now we have officials thinking that other officials want the US to be attacked. I do kind of agree with them stating Cheney wants the US to be attacked again, but probably not for the same reasons they are stating.

I feel that the statement made is designed to smear and mar the republican platform. Though I do not really feel that the 2 party system is a true 2 party system, they are still trying to make one side look bad.

If Cheney wants and attack it would for profiteering purposes only. The company Haliburton/KBR made the most money off of the war. I doubt seriously that his ties to this company have been truely severed. So I feel that he stands to profit more financially than politically if and when the US is attacked again.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I call political BS on this.

Sorry, but as much as most hate Cheney, I can not believe that he would want Americans to die to prove a point.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thats why i am glad no one has done anything, since 911.

America seem desperate to get someone to do something, and i am glad no one wants to fall into there games.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Leon Edward Panetta (born June 28, 1938) is the current Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. An American Democratic politician, lawyer, and professor, Panetta served as President Bill Clinton's White House Chief of Staff from 1994 to 1997 and was a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1977 to 1993.

Source.

Too bad he's not unbiased. Then it might mean something.

[edit on 6/14/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
An attack on the US would save the dying neo-conservative ideology and prove Cheney and the other neo-con pigs right while virtually destroying Obama over night. Why wouldn't Cheney want that? Right now he's discredited, hated, and America wants that mother#er in jail. Why is it wrong to assume he would want an attack on the US by brown people to prove the last eight years weren't a shock and awe campaign on the American public? I know Cheney has scruples and integrity (you know Iraq, Haliburton, Torture, Patriot Act, seeing him more after he was out of office than when he was in, etc) so clearly Americans and human life are important to him and he wouldn't want an attack...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

If you'd said that prior to 9/11 and the war in Iraq, I would perhaps have believed.

However, since Cheny spear headed both events and lied through his teeth to get what he wants, I wouln't put anything past that hell spawn.

And I agree that this is just political trolling on the part of the democrats in order to smear Republicans.

Bu it's just part of the on-going dog and ponny show.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow, what a twist in reality.

Actually, during the Bush years it was totally the opposite. The extreme leftist liberal pigs wanted an attack on America so they could say the policies of Bush were not working. They would have used this to get into office. This was before they found their Messiah Obama of course. These miserable little people tried everything they could to make America lose the war in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High

Sorry, but as much as most hate Cheney, I can not believe that he would want Americans to die to prove a point.

Nah, I find it very easy to believe.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As much as people would like to believe it,Cheney doesn't have much power when it comes to such things...he is a pawn that can be replaced quicker than making a ham sandwich,there are thousands of Cheney's lining up to replace him everyday of the week.No doubt he has influence on some level...but thats what most of these people believe,they are masters of the universe and can bend the will of America to their will at a whim...much much easier to control people with such large ego's.Ignorance is bliss.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
An attack on the US would save the dying neo-conservative ideology and prove Cheney and the other neo-con pigs right while virtually destroying Obama over night.

Remember 9/11 all but made bush minor's presidency and I have no doubt that should another attack happen like 9/11 the people would again rally around the president... if anything it would probably be the last nail in the bush doctrine's coffin... after all 9/11 happened 9 months into their presidency and Obama has only been in 5 months.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If another 9/11 happened Obama would be dead in the water because the Neo-Cons would start screaming at the public how the liberal negro failed them with his commie tricks and that this country needs real leaders like the previous administration, and action like torture, Iraq, and domestic spying in order to keep us save. Let's not forget how stupid the average American is, especially during times of fear or crisis. If another 9/11 Obama and his progressive international cooperation and dialogue would be seen as a failure and that he was lenient on terrorism and it'll be a quick three and half years until he's ushered out the door amidst rabbling from the American people before the 'pubs trot out their next horror show. You gotta remember, the neo-conservatives and the other brain dead ilk think George Bush was a great president because we only lost a couple of sky scrappers, several thousand lifes, got into a completely illogical war, our rights endangered and checks and balances circumvented. That to them is "Keeping America Safe". If Obama's policies and actions work and we aren't attacked, it makes them look even more ridiculous than they already do. Not to mention all the underlying fear in the country of having a black leftist leaning smooth talking President would come screaming to the surface.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Just because the neo-cons are out of office doesn't mean America has changed.The neo-cons are rather blunt and in your face...trust me,the goal hasn't changed in the slightest...just the way and actions in which they try and achieve that goal.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Wow, what a twist in reality.

Actually, during the Bush years it was totally the opposite. The extreme leftist liberal pigs wanted an attack on America so they could say the policies of Bush were not working. They would have used this to get into office. This was before they found their Messiah Obama of course. These miserable little people tried everything they could to make America lose the war in Iraq.

I agree... Cheney's VP office tried everything they could to make American lose the war in Iraq...

And they almost succeeded.... Thank goodness someone with some vision took the reigns during the last election..

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I agree... Cheney's VP office tried everything they could to make American lose the war in Iraq...

And they almost succeeded.... Thank goodness someone with some vision took the reigns during the last election..

I guess that's why the war in Iraq was wrapping up and just about won during the Bush & Cheney years.

It's so funny that you cannot even admit the obvious especially when the likes of Murtha, Reid and Pelosi were publically stating that the war in Iraq was lost and that the surge would never work.

Please stop with your flawed logic because you are just embarrasing yourself.

What vision does Obama have?
Retreat and sing camp songs with the enemy. Yeah, that's a great policy.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Leon Edward Panetta (born June 28, 1938) is the current Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. An American Democratic politician, lawyer, and professor, Panetta served as President Bill Clinton's White House Chief of Staff from 1994 to 1997 and was a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1977 to 1993.

Source.

Too bad he's not unbiased. Then it might mean something.

[edit on 6/14/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

Yeah I'm not sure who i trust more Penetta or Cheney there both just as bad. Al though i will say in this instance Penatta better look out he might get an invitation from cheney to go hunting.

PS Penetta post was purely a political favor for helping the campaign of obamma he has no CIA experience and quite frankly his appointment was a joke.

[edit on 6/14/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If this is true, and Cheney does "almost" wish for the US to be attacked, that would mean Cheney is a terrorist. He should be put on a terrorist watch list.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

"Almost suggests" Now they are putting words into the man's mouth?

Now we have officials thinking that other officials want the US to be attacked.

Dick Cheney is not an "official" of The United States.

BS on this.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High

Well, after all these years, nothing learned have you ...
Hmm?

Time to wake up!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Ayrton]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Of course he wants the US to be attacked.

That's why he made us go back to our old imperialist ways. He wants us attacked.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join