It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just seen something that changed my life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Last night I thought I had seen some.

Until I looked at them through binoculars and they were Chinese lanterns, at first I thought they may of been hot air balloons.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Malfeitor

The best thing to watch for is seemingly intelligently controlled erratic movements that no satellite, plane, helicopter, space shuttle, ISS, or meteor can do. In most cases that is a true UFO. Now whether it is ET controlled or a government black craft is another thing.

Hey JK
, while I agree strange movements are typically indicative of something more than a common misidentification, there are conventional aircrafts that can perform some fairly crazy maneuvers. The X-31 for example has thrust vectoring capabilities allowing it to fly in a direction other than where the nose is pointing.

To see this for yourself take a peek at the X-31 executing the mongoose maneuver at 1:34.

If people are interested in other conventional aircrafts with extraordinary characteristics, I recommend they take a look here.

Regards,
-X

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Those things do sound like either ufo orbs or chinese lanterns. Difficult to say which you saw but if you did see ufo orbs and saw them as red then you are very lucky. Plenty of amber/orange type ufo orbs and white type too, proper red type is very much rarer.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Yea there are quite a few military craft that use the thrust vectoring system, the new F-22 Raptor does as well. However the direction changing capabilities of even the most advanced public craft pales compared to the sudden acceleration, deceleration, right turns, mid flight stops, and flight patterns impossible by any publically acknowledged technology. The apparent disregard of g-forces, aircraft strains, and inertial effects on pilots makes it near impossible not to think some of these craft are of 'unknown' design and origin. Also when you see these at night one must wonder why would a jet be doing these maneuvers in a peace zone at night over populated areas? But you are correct that some are likely mundane aircraft.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Not mad, I just don't want to see misconceptions spread around, when I've worked hard to try and dispel them here.

I have no issues with you saying that colored lights could be hard to ID (ie are UFOs), but was just pointing out that they could also be meteors.

I'm not even mad about your misuse of the terminology. It was a good opportunity to point out the correct terminology.

However, I do have issue with you saying that slow meteors "very rarely" streak across the sky. Yes, fast meteors make up the majority of those observed, but spend a night out observing meteors, and you are almost sure to see one or two slow ones if you observe properly and under good conditions. On certain nights, there are meteor showers active which produce only slow meteors, so it's possible to see many in just a few hours.

Also, even fast moving meteors can appear to move very slowly, and in some case can appear to be stationary (point-meteors) depending on the direction they are traveling in relation to you.

You are correct when you say a trail would not be observed when observing an object in space, though comets would be an obvious exception to this, but in general that is true since the trails we see associated with re-entering space-junk and meteors are due to the object slamming into air molecules which ionizes them, making them glow. So trails are "glowing air", although in some cases, a large meteor (or bolide) leaves what is called a "dust-trail", which is not self-luminous, but due to great altitude may well be sun-lit, even for an observer observing from a location that is dark.

Slow meteors/junk, because they do not usually transfer enough energy to the air, will usually appear to be spherical or "orb-like", though they can sometimes also leave a self-luminous (or "persistent") train behind them. Larger/brighter meteors can leave a persistent train that lingers for 10's of minutes, something which researchers are still trying to fully understand.

So as you see, it's not quite "that" simple, and I hope you can see why I replied in the way I did. Sorry if that came over as a personal attack. Don't take it personally. Denial of ignorance, and sharing knowledge is my only aim here.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

No problem, my aim is the same. But really meteors are obvious from a true UFO, I mean meteors do not change direction in midflight multiple times, nor do they stop in midflight and take position in a constellation.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Närkontakt av första graden? Gratulerar!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I agree with you, most of the time, most people can tell a meteor from a UFO, and meteors "do not change direction in midflight multiple times, nor do they stop in midflight and take position in a constellation" as you say. However, meteors being identified as UFOs is still quite a common occurrence, especially with brighter meteors. It's been well documented how many people ring the emergency services to report an aircraft crash after larger events seen over wide areas for instance. At the same time, many also report events like these as UFOs.

You sound as though you have observed a few meteors before... would you have known what a point meteor was before I mentioned it, or would you recognize an "earth grazer" if you saw one?

It's actually quite easy to misjudge the true speed/distance/direction/size of objects in the sky, even for seasoned observes, since there are usually few visual points of reference which can be used to determine these quantities, and on top of that it's not uncommon for people to see movement where there is none.

Our brains are not particularly good at processing data correctly when there is "missing information" (visual cues that we are used to seeing on the ground are not present in the sky), and this applies just as much to this thread as it does to the subject of meteors or any object/light in the sky for that matter.

Add to that the variables that may be present on some occasions (differing observing conditions, weather, transparency, etc, etc), and even something mundane can seem unusual. Meteors are not exactly mundane to begin with, at least they still have the capacity to surprise me, and I've been observing them for over a decade!

Not saying this or meteors, or any of the other points I made explains all UFOs, but I think it may do in a small but significant portion of cases.

As I said before, it's not quite as straight forward as it seems at first, and the more you dig ,and hopefully spend time actually observing, the more you will see that. I recommend trying meteor observing techniques if you want to see more UFOs, and at the same time become better at identifying meteors. There is no such thing as a "perfect observer", and there is always room for improvement.

Apologies to the OP for going a little OT. Thanks for listening jkrog.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Wow...u actually saw this.....lucky u !

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It seems as if these formation sightings are becoming more common lately. Does anyone else think so. Just like in the movie Signs lol. Somthing is happening, i just have a feeling we will be seeing alot more of these formation UFO's

Good post, we need posts like this one to get a handle of what is happening aroun the world. It doesnt matter you dont have evidence that you saw it, the point is it is becoming more common place.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well I would much much rather prefer to believe that you're being honest with what you saw up in the sky, than to believe the entities like the mainstream-media that make any and every person that has claimed to have witnessed a UFO are made-out to be crack-potz. They don't want people to start looking into these thingz and discovering that the government does indeed have a secretive thing about this.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
Your story reminded me of a news story about 1-2 weeks ago, they described them as red/orange and flying in groups:

www.thesun.co.uk...

That would be chinese lanterns.

<< 1  2   >>

join