It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My poor research on 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My poor research on 2012

I decided to read the Revelation online KJV as a math riddle. Noticed that the kills, slays, and died are all listed as a "third" of .... So I add them up and find there are 9 kills, or so they appear to me. Take the number of survivors as 144,000 and work it backwards.

144,000 / (.3 ^9) = 7,315,957,933.24

I'll leave it to the reader to guess when the world population is predicted to reach 7.315 billion.

Yep. Two thousand and twelve.

I used this site to do the projections

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
An interesting thread, there has been lots of 2012 and 144,000 thread on here lately.

Noticed that the kills, slays, and died are all listed as a "third" of

Which part of text mentions the "third" and why is it a third and not the whole?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ah, yes, sorry. That one sentence is my summary of the entire text. It says things like "a third of all men died", "a third of all waters were made bitter.... and those who drank .... died", "a third of all ships..." etcetera. It's the number that appears most often in the entire book of revelation.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply David.

So does the 144,000 represent a third of all men?
7,315,957,933.24 / 3 = 2,438,652,644

Or

Should it be 144,000 x 3 = 432,000

Now if it's 432,000, I saw these

The number 432,000

Time Synchronicities

The Golden Age

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is this in the introduction forum?

Not to mean or anything?

You don't seem to be a new member.

Anyway, good research on 2012, It's nice to see a fresh perspective.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
They will be gathered in a place called armegeddon. Meggido. The Last Supper?

www.freeread.com...

Anyways nice research David.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

What is so poor about it Mister Grouchy? I am no math expert but I can always pretend to be one. Your calculations look sound.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Is it just me, or is this in the introduction forum?

I did try to post this to the 2012 forum. The browser told me that new members, those with under 20 posts, had to post to the New Members forum. Now I have posted a thread before, and a few comments in it. I just figured this was a new policy. My post count is rather low after all. If it was a mistake, I apologize.

Also thank you all for the warm welcome. '
'

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
What is so poor about it Mister Grouchy? I am no math expert but I can always pretend to be one. Your calculations look sound.

Well, I probably should have thought about the presentation more. Also I could have done some checking around to see if anyone one else outside of ATS has done something along these lines. And worst of all, to me, I'm not confident I understand how many different waves of wrath and dying there are in the book of Revelation. I just read it all the way through in one sitting and added up each case where I felt like a third of everyone dies. When done the total was nine.

I did try to double check it. The book is long, and reading it through to the end in one sitting is challenging. During the second proof reading all my feelings were full of doubt. Like "why did I count a third of all trees being burnt up along with all the grass as a kill for man kind?" I guess I was feeling some kind of symbolic interpretation, like the trees are large institutions of man, and all the grass are small ones.

After the second reading, I was doubtful, about my conclusions. So I put that in the title. My original thought was to reverse engineer the book as a pure math riddle. Work the population of 144,000 backwards and see what population would be required. I was expecting about two or three "kills". When I got nine and the result was greater than the current world pop, I quickly scrambled to find a site that could project future populations. When late 2012 came back as the answer I decided to post it to the ATS 2012 forums.

Also I should have taken better notes of where I felt the "kills" happened.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Heres a link to the CIA world factbook, you can look up individual countries too.

www.cia.gov...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.

Mod Note: Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself

Thread Closed.
Moderator.

[edit on 14/6/2009 by Sauron]

top topics

join