It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did anyone in Phoenix, AZ see the bright light tonight?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks for the post, greeneyes. I'm still trying to download the stellarium. But the explanation of the weather balloon seems strange...don't you think? Why would it just disappear out of the sky...poof? Did it "pop" or something?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I know my planets, Venus isn't that far north. As a person who looks almost every night at the planets through my scope, I can tell you for a fact that Venus passes almost directly over head and just slightly north of west. That was north, north west. It was also way to large and in plain sight in daylight. This object was local, as in right down here.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

That is awesome that you caught all of that on video.I just can't fathom that being a weather balloon.
Not to mention you also gave out somebodies phone number while you were recording.If there is a way you migth want to edit it out imo.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I saw it too. Below is the original and then the same photo zoomed in.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0dc75a4e5e0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f07236bbd84.jpg[/atsimg]

didn't look like a weather balloon to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

No way possible it was a test balloon at the altitude they are saying and the size it looked at that altitude. The military was very interested in it too, as they had stuff flying all over the place and going right at it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
BS, that's no weather balloon. Besides, don't they use satellites to forecast the weather these days instead of balloons?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by probrian

Wow you all have done an awesome job capturing this object.I wonder if there will be a new story tomorrow. Considering the video with the military copters posted.If they already knew there was a balloon out there then there would be no need for the military.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The 10:00 news will be on shortly...lets see what these assclowns say about this.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Thanks, Arizonascott, excellent video and pics. Much better than mine!

Thanks, whaaa, for the explanation. I had no idea weather balloons could look like that, or that they could be so huge.

But what could possibly make the balloons self illuminate like that? What could they carry that could make them burn so bright?

edit:

I just saw a local news snipet on channel 12, and they said "another light in the Phoenix sky"..tonight at 10:00. And they put a picture of it on the news.

Also, my friend (the one who originally called me to report the light) said that he did an online search to see if anyone else had reported it , and he said that people in Phoenix were reporting light "orbs" in Phoenix on June 7th. Did anyone see that a wee ago? If so, is this the same "light orb" that was reported last week?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Great networking and media uploads all you Arizonians!! I wonder if anyone has film of it disappearing? How could it be a balloon? It was luminous. I bet a lot of people got photos since it stayed in one place for so long.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

It did too - it just went poof - gone

It was there for a long long time and then all of a sudden it just blanked out

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I also received confirmation from a friend of mine that this object was seen in Sedona, Arizona as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
The 10:00 news will be on shortly...lets see what these assclowns say about this.

This is what they are saying (my previous post that was not seen
)

The story has hit the news there!

www.azfamily.com...

Another strange white light in Phoenix sky
More Phoenix Local News

09:33 PM Mountain Standard Time on Thursday, June 11, 2009

azfamily.com / 3TV

PHOENIX – 3TV was inundated with phone calls Thursday night after many spotted a bright white light in the sky.

Many callers were disappointed that the white light was only a research balloon. It was launched by a company based in Palestine, Texas and was sent out of New Mexico.

azfamily.com’s Meteorologist April Warnecke reports the balloon is roughly about 41,000 feet up in the air, which is why it seems like the light does not move.

And VIDEO

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dee132423

Exactly - I think military would have access and information on objects of this size flying through their air space. So why send out anyone if they knew it was going to be there. I saw at least two military vehicles flying right towards it. The research balloon video excuse they keep showing on news outlets is nothing close to what I saw in any way, shape or form.

Perhaps because it was no balloon and they were just as surprised as us local Arizonans.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
BS, that's no weather balloon. Besides, don't they use satellites to forecast the weather these days instead of balloons?

Weather balloons are still very much used

www.wrh.noaa.gov...
Twice a day, every day of the year, weather balloons are released simultaneously from almost 900 locations worldwide! This includes 92 released by the National Weather Service in the US and its territories. The balloon flights last for around 2 hours, can drift as far as 125 miles away, and rise up to over 100,000 ft. (about 20 miles) in the atmosphere!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0a0cf21285d.jpg[/atsimg]
The balloons, which start out measuring about 6 ft. wide before release, expand as they rise to about 20 ft. in diameter!

Video of weather balloon

[edit on 6/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yes,I just watched one of the news medias videos and it didn't look similar to yours at all at least imo.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Very brief newsblip ABC NEWS 15...NASA research balloon is the claim.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by solarstorm]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yep, the news is reporting it as a weather balloon. Their cameraman took a video of it, and blew it up, and once it's blown up, I admit, it does look like a weather balloon.

(If indeed, they did video the actual object, and it wasn't just a stock video of a weather balloon that they keep on the top shelf when they need a good excuse for bright lights in the sky.)

They said it was the sun's reflection that illuminated it so brightly.

I just never knew that weather balloons could look like that!!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, I think this is the first time that I have seen a collaboration of different witnesses here - in real time - of the same sighting. Even if it was just a weather balloon, pretty amazing to watch it all unfold!

[edit on 6/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Maybe the "research" part of it was the public's reaction.?

Pretty cool vid. of it. Doesn't seem to drift at all... maybe it is mechanized/dronelike?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join