It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News - Military Covering Up Fireballs From Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Military Covering Up Fireballs From Space
Thursday, June 11, 2009
By Leonard David

For 15 years, scientists have benefited from data gleaned by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere — but no longer.

A recent U.S. military policy decision now explicitly states that observations by hush-hush government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released, SPACE.com has learned....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is very interesting.

It seems it could serve the PTB in a double whammy:

The satellites' main objectives include detecting nuclear bomb tests, and their characterizations of asteroids and lesser meteoroids as they crash through the atmosphere has been a byproduct data bonanza for scientists.

Just when increased nuclear testing by other countries ramps up...

And also when increased talk of disclosure starts happening...

Space rocks that explode in the atmosphere are now classified.

Man I hate the people that call the shots.

Good post. SnF

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is merely further evidence that national governments are over-regulating the population of the world.

Our generation, and the generations that follow us have to remember that the military, the legislature, the courts, the national agencies exist only to serve the citizen. More importantly, we have to remind them of this fact.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

couple pages on going guys.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
figures...sucks to know that if anything really goes down we won't even get the chance to prepare because the info is deemed classified. I wonder how many people in power are waiting for the day when one of these things hits a populated area so they can jump in and "save the day" by implementing they're one world government or doomsday scenario plans on a large enough scale to fine tune the system. maybe a little paranoid, lol but it isn't that hard for me to imagine. By people in power I am referring to CFR, Trilateral, U.N., Bilderberger, and those shadowy types, I am not saying anyone in the Obama Adminisration when I say people in power. "Disclaimer"

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The data is classified because of the source.

If you take a picture of your shoe with a "Secret" camera, that photo, however benign is now classified as "Secret".

If you upload photos of your child's birthday party to a computer inside a "SCIF" space (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) it cannot be removed from that space without going through a very long and painful declassification process.

It's not that the information is being "kept" from us. It's that it's illegal to release the data with following procedure. And the government has determined that the data is not worth declassifying the satellite’s abilities, specs or location.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiskeypoet

It's not that the information is being "kept" from us. It's that it's illegal to release the data with following procedure. And the government has determined that the data is not worth declassifying the satellite’s abilities, specs or location.

I understand the strategic logic used in determining that it be classified but it I have a hard time accepting a "for the greater good" reasoning to potentially allow people to lose there lives for national security. seems kinda like an oxymoron to me. the fireball that landed in Texas actually started fires if I remember correctly and the dash cam footage of the fireball in Canada was pretty freaky looking, would have woke me up real quick.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamale_214

Our generation, and the generations that follow us have to remember that the military, the legislature, the courts, the national agencies exist only to serve the citizen. More importantly, we have to remind them of this fact.

I think they are confused with the citizen part. It seems our government is progressively shifting it's focus from the citizens of the U.S.A., and feel they should be concerned about the welfare and feelings of all citizens of the world. I suppose in their opinion, it is only fair. I agree with your post.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is interesting,just two days ago on Tuesday night,i saw a falling star,if that's what it's called,i was gazing at the stars when a fiery flash,occured for about 1.5 seconds,like the sparkly trails fireworks leave when they launch into the air,towards the north of me.

Anyway the next night i look in the same spot of the sky assuming that they would be more, when a star from the northern direction of the spot,attracted my attention being bright red and i thus assumed it was red star,only that it seemed to be flying towards my direction,as it drew closer and went directly above me to my right at a constant speed and now showing bright white it continued towards the south.

I assumed it was a satellite which i later read on google is sometimes placed in a north to south pole orbit and that it did not blink in it's white light like stars do and was way more brighter than the stars that night considering it was around 8pm.

it couldn't have been a plane since all the flight transits in my area are towards the east-west direction,there was no sound of engines, it was a clear night and there is nothing towards the south but open sea for hundreds of miles,till the south pole.

I wonder if this ties in with your post,in that the military is keeping track of events in the atmosphere very well,and there is no post i've seen on the net about anyone else having seen this.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Existing thread in OCE: (Jun 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM )

and one in Breaking Alt News: ( Jun 11 2009 @ 04:32 AM)

--Closed--

new topics

top topics

join