It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People Going Crazy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This has been on my mind lately and I figured I would get some of my fellow ATSers opinions on it. You can't help but noticed the amount of unspeakable things people are doing. Husbands killing wives, wives killing husbands, people killing their entire family, parents killing their children and people just going out and shooting innocent people... ect.
What is going on?????
Is it the economy and stress of losing jobs and homes? Could it be a magnetic change on earth? Maybe we just hear about the bad on the news more now? I know things like these have gone on for some time but it just seems that within the last year all the bad has just escaladed to extraordinary levels. What do you think? Has it really increased or is it just been reported about more on the news channels.
I keep hearing that things have to get worse before it gets better. Well, I hope not too much worse because this just seems to be too much as it is!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In a word, yes.

Collapse Psychosis

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

You forgot; Children killing children. In short, everybody is killing everybody. Hmm.. Talk about depopulation.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ah, wonderful, the egoic structure of our civilization is finally collapsing. That's an important step in our collective evolutionary process, however painful and destructive. Bring it on!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Collapse Psychosis....first time I had heard of it. Very interesting, I think I will research it a little more.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You speak as if these things just started happening. Its been like this pretty much throughout the entire tenure of humanity.

It has alot to do with how quickly we receive information due to the internet and the like.

Just think about how long it took the pony express to deliver news from one town to another back in the day.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
things have always been bad. People have been killing eachother forever. its the coverage that makes you afraid... and the fear that makes you a pawn.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
ever play a strategy video game? ever get to that point in the game where you say to yourself, "Self, you suck at this, and its probably only going to get worse". so you decide to only build a billion peasants to attack super tanks until you run out of money, so you at least get to see lots of death?

i think its a lot like that....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, since you asked...

I think this sort of thing has been going on since the dawn of the species. We are a violent race, apt to sudden fits of temper or sudden mood swings that can set us on a path of destructiveness. Whether or not you believe the Christian Bible, there is precedent as a historic document in the telling of the story of Cain and Abel.

We can and often do turn on and kill our closest kin and total stranger alike, and for the merest of reasons.

On the streets, in our homes... it doesn't matter.

The difference between the ancient and the modern is in an instantaneous, fully loaded media. We know the moment someone commits a heinous act. We don't have to wait for a morning newspaper with limited type space anymore. The web is a wide open information buffet... and everything is newsworthy. Everything.

No, I don't think we have gone crazy... or maybe I should say, crazier than we have always been. We just hear about ourselves now more often, is all.

Good post, by the way

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

well with that instantaneous media, comes desensitization, which breeds more bs cus now its crammed down everyones throat so hard that you cant turn right or left with out seeing. you cant even close your eyes without seeing it now either!

its like living in cartman's head.

"just the same ole stuff i always see...."
DEATH DESTRUCTION CARNAGE AND HATE (in that order)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Actually, I did not speak as if these things just started happening. I know they have gone on for sometime. BUT, it seems that it has escaladed on the news channels. I do not fear any of it......but I do notice that people are acting out towards others and seem not even care anymore!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It just sensory overload. The circuits are overloaded by an influx of unintended input. The sensors gradually short out until finally, its all over. The battery dies. The crazy part is that we can, with effort, learn to function on less stimulus. Then move on to balance, eventually reaching harmony.

Nevermind. Another short.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We live in a social state fed to us and we abide by it like religion. A very unhealthy system meant to drive us crazy, and crazy we are!

Money, what the hell is money anyways? People dont think about that, all they think about is I want money because money = happiness. When in reality money is a whack system that decides who gets to eat or not and people put their faith in this money. This faith that is stronger than God. Money is the worldwide religion. We spend the first 18 years of our life preparing to make as much money as possible, and the rest of our lives making it, and then helping our children try to make as much of this money as possible. All because the endless cycle is in place, God knows when it started but the faith people have in it is unstoppable. The more money you have, the more you work to keep it that way.

Now we have governments, and laws. The government takes our money, and does worse things with it than we probably can by ourselves. Making tanks, weapons, and telling us that we have to kill each other. Because if a government is against our government, those people who are ruled under the other government are our mortal enemies. Weed illegal? CAMAN, anybody that thinks weed should be illegal is ignorant, uniformed, and inexperienced when it comes to weed. Many fall for different aspects of the government propaganda.

If the elitist of the world would disappear one day miraculously I think our existence would be much more peaceful, advancing and unified.

Next we have religions. If you believe that the Bible was inspired by God (some truth to it), and not made up and twisted up by men (which is the reality) to feed off the faith of ignorance of the masses. Then you probably believe that gays shouldn't marry. And what is marriage? Marriage is the belief introduced by religion that we have to cling to one person and limit their freedom. This works mutually when two people believe the same thing, or it tries to work. If it doesn't work it might drive us crazy.

Why shouldn't gays marry? Because of the Bible? Marriage is nonexistent, if we didn't make it real it wouldn't exist, there's no reason why you should try to limit other people to make their own realities, like marriage and place their individual rules on it.

There is a negative and a positive. What we think is positive is really negative. If we could see an world existence in the positive, I'm sure we would all be astounded. There's got to be a planet out there that got it right.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Things are going to get better soon.

This right now is the important part that you need to remember because this is about as close to the reality of the situation is going to get before its too late.

The better part that is to come will just be the calm before the storm thats going to make this part look like preschool.

Seek and you will find as they say.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
disinformation spreading machine!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

i'm afraid you havn' seen nothin yet. this is just the beginning.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I think to some extent we are all at least a little bit crazy. To use a quote I like:

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~Krishnamurti

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
Husbands killing wives, wives killing husbands, people killing their entire family, parents killing their children and people just going out and shooting innocent people... ect.
What is going on?????

Before technology, news just travelled by word of mouth. Not very reliable and very slow.

Now we got dic*heads in the situation room, available live 24/7 to tell you all about how fuc*ed and hopeless things are. Don't worry though, "This just in, oil prices decline by $1.52/ barrel so things should improve tommarrow."

[edit on 11-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Crack open a history book. Things have always been this way. History is cyclical. There are periods of great unrest and violence followed by periods of relative peace and prosperity, and then a new round of violence, etc.

Are things really getting any worse? Who really knows? All I know is that the media and sites like this one are in love with death, doom and gloom, and all the darkest aspects of human existence. I guess that's what sells to the American public, so that's what we get.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
People have always been crazy. One of the most shocking stories that I have ever read was about a serial killer named Albert Fish. Google the name, read the wiki pedia on him...sick sick sick and this was in the 1800's. Also, the Bible tells some of the most violent and horrible stories...it has always been this way....sad isn't it?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Greenize]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join