It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People Going Crazy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Ah, wonderful, the egoic structure of our civilization is finally collapsing. That's an important step in our collective evolutionary process, however painful and destructive. Bring it on!

OmegaPoint, you sound a lot like myself. People thought I was crazy and insensitive last year when I said that the crash of the stock market was a good thing. How could it be with thousands put out of work and losing their homes. Of course they had a point, the individual suffering is terrible but in the long run this is going to be good thing. One cannot build a new house without first tearing down the old. And in some cases the whole foundation has to be destroyed. People are worried, their whole world is falling around them.

But we're living on the very threshold of a dream where the new world will be like a true paradise, at least compared to the world we're living in now. Have you seen the latest crop circles this year? See April, May, June. Football field sized Jellyfish and Dragonflies are appearing out of nowhere, (hardly the work of a few drunks with ropes and boards).

Be of good faith everyone, we're not alone.

In all history there has never been a time like the present. Never, in all the cycles which have left their mark on man’s evolution, has there been the same potential for change. This time, therefore, is unique. It portends a change in consciousness so dramatic and far-reaching that new definitions and vocabulary must evolve to describe man as he will become. The main factor in this profound event will be the influence of man’s Elder Brothers, the Masters of Wisdom, led by Maitreya, the Christ and World Teacher. It is impossible to overstate the effect which Their Great Approach will have on the lives and thoughts and behaviour of men. Many times have you heard that man is a potential God; these are not empty words but the very truth of man’s nature and Being. It is a matter of time only until that truth is verified and expressed for all to see. The Masters will give of Their Bounty of harmlessness, wisdom and love, and steer man’s ship safely to the harbour of achievement. Thus will it be. In time, men will take their due places and work together with the Masters for the benefit of all. Thus will men learn the Laws of Life and Love and fashion a future of unparalleled beauty.

..says Benjamin Creme, a messenger of hope in the latest issue of Share International.

Cheers,

Neo.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Madness and Crazyness always existed. As Love and Happiness. It's as old as the Bible.

It's just a matter of focus and perspective.

Tribes killed and eated people and It's #ing normal for them.
Some cultures accepted marriages of childrem, etc...
Some tribes required some rituals to adulthood entrance like killing other man, animals, etc...

Media, ATS, you are just a tiny part of reality. And what is reality?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Someon I know (a client of mine) told me that this whole economic fiasco isn't a recession, and I said, what do you mean, of COURSE it's a recession, one of the worst in years! But he straightened me out by explaining to me that it's not a recession, but a REVOLUTION. Crap is everywhere, TV pumps it into our minds, and we rush out to buy more crap at Walmart made in China. And where there's no high standards, and purpose driven pursuits which are of great value and meaningful, then that whole system will come to an end, but this time it goes deeper, and ultimately right to the very heart of who and what man is in the grand scheme of things. Until people "get it" and grok fully the grand revelation, which is only starting to reveal itself, then to them it will seem like they are going crazy. What used to work for them and satisfy, will just fall apart in their hands, and they will look around and smack themselves on the forehead and say to themselves - what the hell am I doing, and why? This is meaningless. It's garbage. This is not worthy of me, or my neighbors.

We largely have the good 'ol US of A to thank for this. Many knew is was the destiny of the United States to serve as the fount of a global salvation, but I doubt they expected it would come in the form that it has and is..

[edit on 12-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I had to check where you lived because in the Netherlands there is a influx of family killings as well. My dad mentioned it himself. People killing their children and (ex) wives/husbands. It's weird and global so it seems.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

These things have been going on for ages, the media covers nothing but negativity and crime, like people dont do kind and charitable things. Don't let whats on the news skewer your view on the world. Perhaps the perpetrators have done just that.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The fear ultimatley comes from teh news and internet and the speed in whicg we can attain knowledge of such events.

But on teh other hand things do seem a bit more choatic and ruthless and the overall frequency is a bit alarming. I read alot of replies that imply this is a good thing, and too an extent maybe it is. Time will only tell.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Granting the fact that history is quite obviously filled with acts of barbarism and atrocity that span back as far as we can see, I think there is something of a point here. It seems that, at least in the West the age of enlightenment created a lull in certain types of violent crime. I assume that all, or most of us can cite the Lizzie Bordon poem by rote and know quite a bit about the acts of Jack the Ripper. By todays standards Lizzie would probably only make the local news and Jack the Ripper might be good for a few days of national headlines. Neither would become indelible parts of history if their crimes were committed today.

With all of the psychological repression we engage in as part of our society, the constant exposure to things which are extreme or shocking, the chemicals we constantly ingest, and the pressures of trying to live up to ideals that most of us fall short of... I wouldn't call it crazy, I'd say it's just a natural animalistic reaction to being cornered and under constant pressure.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

You speak as if these things just started happening. Its been like this pretty much throughout the entire tenure of humanity.

It has alot to do with how quickly we receive information due to the internet and the like.

Just think about how long it took the pony express to deliver news from one town to another back in the day.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

Couldn't have put it better in words myself Doc.

I think, as of today we 'really' haven't seen the worse, or as bad. No comparison, even up to couple hundred years ago..
Can you think of what it was like, the conditions, of living in Barbaric times....or the Dark Ages?

I'd say times are koosh.

People aren't going craZy.......people are going people.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes it seems that there may be "more" mentally ill people out there but I think a lot of the recent events and maybe mentally ill people you'll notice on the streets is due to the fact that summer is coming, in the winter you'll often see an influx of people getting treatment or pretty much going into treatment facilities to get 3 hots and a cot during the cold weather.
I defiantly see an increase during the winter time and a decrease in the summer time.

So as the warm weather comes and these people go back to the streets where it is comfortable for them once again there may be more activity due to the mentally ill and more notice on them by the general public.

There's also other things that come into play with how many children were born what years and are becoming of age and either aging out of the system and being let onto the streets population is going up at a soaring rate so it would be typical for it to seem as if there are more mentally ill people.

Also for the older people who are mentally ill who may live "normal lives" a lot of them are losing their health insurance when before they may have been getting help or managed for things like bi polar or schizophrenia and now with them not having insurance and charity beds being at an all time low we are not able to stop the progression of their relapses causing them to act out.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
I keep hearing that things have to get worse before it gets better. Well, I hope not too much worse because this just seems to be too much as it is!

All these problems you mention, would never be problems at all, except for the overbearing mentalities of the society we live in. They create lots of stress because they are very unnatural. Society has to change very drastically, and you know it isn't going to be by using the same broken system. The method nature prefers is destruction through chaos, right down to the very core of the problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Try reading . . .

Daniel 8-12

Ezekiel 36-40

The shorter prophets at the end of the Old Testament

Revelation

Matthew 24

Compare with major news headlines and world globalism stuff; chip ID implant stuff; corruption in high places stuff; rampant gross sinfulness and rebellions aplenty; good called evil and evil called good in the biggest universities and the highest halls of government.

Scripture says in these END TIMES that lawlessness would increase greatly.

It is.

It will more.

The globalists also want chaos to make setting up their evil tyrannical global government easier.

GOD ALONE is a sufficient refuge for coming festivities.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben Niceknowinya

Originally posted by drsmooth23

You speak as if these things just started happening. Its been like this pretty much throughout the entire tenure of humanity.

It has alot to do with how quickly we receive information due to the internet and the like.

Just think about how long it took the pony express to deliver news from one town to another back in the day.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

Couldn't have put it better in words myself Doc...

Isn't it all about whether a tree falls in the forest and you experience it then the damage is always worse. Because of communication and global experience the violence in the world seems worse because it is worse, we see it on a daily and immediate level. Does this make sense to anyone or is it just getting too late for me?

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If you didn't have the internet and 24 hour news your views on this would be different. Imagine 100 years ago and all the things that must of gone on, all the murders, rapes and violence. people have always been wicked to each other, its just you hear about it more now.

In the UK you are led to believe there is a peadophile on every corner. i dont imagine there has been an increase in peadophilia, just more reporting and moral panic on the issue.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join