It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU security proposals are 'dangerously authoritarian'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

EU security proposals are 'dangerously authoritarian'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The European Union is stepping up efforts to build an enhanced pan-European system of security and surveillance which critics have described as “dangerously authoritarian”...

...proposals would create an EU ID card register, internet surveillance systems, satellite surveillance, automated exit-entry border systems operated by machines reading biometrics and risk profiling systems.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
On top of the other reasons for which I previously voted no on the Lisbon Treaty (EU constitution) in Ireland which included the formation of a massive new EU army and the semi democratic, fascist, totalitarianist system that is in place..

Now we have this.. Proposals to spy on and track each citizen as they move through the EU with cards, biometric technology and RFID.. even more intrusive than what is in place in the US/UK at the moment..

While I am pro EU and pro civilized evolution.. I don't like the direction all this is heading. I understand that there is a certain amount of surveillance needed in order to secure borders and curb crime/terrorism but I hate the idea that I would be subjected to a system like Minority Report where every movement is tracked and logged.. the idea actually sickens me..

What do you all think?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
omg are you freaking kidding me???

i mean .... when are we building that rocket to leave this place??

SHOTGUN olympus mons!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

By that stage, NASA and the ESA wont let us leave

Best off flagging down a UFO or something for a lift off this godforsaken rock.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Lisbon Protocol? Pah! They would be far better describing this as the First Reich of Europe. The decisions are taken by the Unelected Commissioners, a surprising number of which also happen to be Bilderbergers, or closely linked, their decisions are rubber stamped by a toothless elected European Parliament which serves no purpose other than to make the MEPs rich and to encourage fraudulent practice within the EU.

Our lives are controlled from birth to death, the rich get richer, the rest of us more and more isolated, frightened and scared to speak out. Our rights have been eroded to the point that the state can enter and interfere with your life on whatever grounds they choose.

They are now turning our children against their elders, through involving them in Common Purpose, and the teaching of "How to think", think how TPTB want not for themselves. 1984 stopped being a warning and is now a road map for political control.

As the older generations pass the remaining generations will be pre-conditioned to accept totalitarian rule and meekly and mildly step in a 1000 years of slavery to the minority that run the world. 6100 people control 95% of the worlds money I recall from another thread.

There is no "left" or "right", no "communism" of "fascism" element that can be attached to what is happening, it's worse than that, it's the rich removing themselves from the rest of the world, the death of altruism, the control of people through media, drugs, and other pacification schemes.

Look back in history, whatever your view there were always radical groups, now these groups have faded into history, vanished from sight, given up and joined the mainstream. Those that do remain, extreme greens, and such are ridiculed in the MSM so their message is lost amid the abuse. Anyone who stands up for their rights or to oppose schemes find themselves the subject of surveillance and abuse from the state intelligence apparatus. Campaigners traveling to legally organized events are stopped by the Police and made to miss the event, falsely arrested and subject to other messing about. It stops them making their point, and TPTB ignore the rulings of the courts at a later date that describe the Police activities at the time as an abuse of power. The media conspire to make the protesters look like dangerous radicals at the time, then act all outraged after the event.

When do we reach the point where people seriously need to consider setting up an underground so the true message of what is happening out to the rest of the people? Is even suggesting this a violation of what TPTB consider to be conspiracy and illegal activity?

Unlike the rise of the Nazi's this time there won't be death camps for particular groups like the Jews, Gypsies, Intellectuals, Homosexuals, etc., this time TPTB will be more inclusive, the death camps will be for one and all. It will start with people being bullied and oppressed at work, losing their work and homes, their families being harassed, then people will be relocated to reeducation and training camps. then they will vanish never to be seen again.

As for me, I'm just as scared, ineffectual, and worried as anyone else who can see what is happening, and wishing I was like the majority of the herd who can neither see it coming nor care.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Sucks,but i think i found the problem over there..

Originally posted by Dermo

Why is it that Americans constantly refer to the Constitution of the US as something special when most western countries have pretty similar constitutions that grant pretty much the same rights to their citizens?
My own country has a similar constitution except with cultural differences but we never refer to or think about ours.. its just a given that people in the free world have these rights... and this kind of constitution was around before the creation of the US.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You know it's really scary this stuff is coming from mainstream news and not from fringe magazines.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Originally posted by Dermo

Why is it that Americans constantly refer to the Constitution of the US as something special when most western countries have pretty similar constitutions that grant pretty much the same rights to their citizens?
My own country has a similar constitution except with cultural differences but we never refer to or think about ours.. its just a given that people in the free world have these rights... and this kind of constitution was around before the creation of the US.

You obviously went through a bit of effort to find that quote lol but I dont know what exactly you are getting at..?

It looks like we are going to be all in the same boat pretty soon for surveillance and loss of privacy... whether or not we always talk about our 'freedoms'.

[edit on 11/6/09 by Dermo]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
These rulers took their lesson from God in that you can not force the Will of man, Use a pretty face and let them invite you in with welcome arms. and you will own their soul.

-sir Manbird the 12th

Keep on sleepin while the Law Makers take over your world bit by bit.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

well i got some junk steel laying around and a few weedwhacker and tractor parts....

we could rig up something real quick..

i totally agree. its like 1984 is the freakin blue-print!

whats scary is i was born in '84, and that book has always stood out to me since i was little. i dont really know how thats scary, cus this article is terrifying.

im in america so its only a matter of time till its here. you guys over there got stop that now.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

The thing is, we have to pass the Lisbon treaty first (end of this year), then it will creep in over the next decade.. slowly enough for noone to really notice how bad it is and quickly enough to be brought in to "protect" us.

Its the same for all "Western" countries.. this crap is being proposed for the EU/US/UK/Australia and I even read something about this being brought in for Canada..

We're all in the same boat because we're all run by the same bastids.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

actually very easy..I found that Euopens are very hypocritical of us yanks bitching about our constitution..so i just pulled up the first post i found of yours with America in the title..

This is exacly why we are so vocal about our document..We wont let it get that bad..Hell somewhere over there you get carded for buying silverware...lol..

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Firstly, I would like to point out that i am not European, Im Irish.. Europeans are on the mainland lol... and im not being hypocritical because we don't have an EU constitution

Secondly, Its already happening to you in the states while its only being proposed in the EU..

By the time these laws have been completely introduced here, they will also be in complete operation over there...

Finally, its the UK where you need to be over a certain age to buy silverware because of the massive amount of knife crime.

No need to sneer about it, its obvious we're all in the same boat.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Not sneering at all..I feel bad for the people i know in Cork..

Trust me,its not that bad here in the states..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Exactly how i think of it. Couldn't agree more. It's scary but very exciting on the same time, sure time is short and too much people are still oblivious to what is happening but the ones pulling the strings are walking on a very high tight rope. If and when they go all out and they mess it up the situation could turn around in an instant. Just keep rattling the cage of everyone and who knows, some of it may stick the next time they watch the news and see a piece it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've voted for a party that is very much anti-EU. They themselves have said to want to destroy the EU from inside. Don't get me wrong, for long I've been very pro-Europe. However, they are pushing it over the limit now. I'm totally fed up with their ideas, the last being the telecommunication law. Although the EU isn't all bad, it's a creation of Bilderberg.

I believe in the theory that the Bilderberg Group wants to unite the EU and American Union in the future with authoritarian policies to give the elite group of Bilderbergers more power and wealth. That certainly cannot be desirable.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

yeah it definitely isnt yet.

theres a bunch of crap going down from time to time, but i think that its slowly creeping here.

needed my id to buy spray paint. it wasnt even the good kind that you would need an id for

pretty much dont speed or act too big a fool and youll be fine.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

lol - I don't live too far from Cork, what exactly do you think is happening here that is so bad? Except for the recession that is... and that is also being blown waaaay out of proportion.

Are you thinking of the loss of rights of the people in the UK? Because we are a completely different country.. and we are not losing ANY rights at all... And the UK is not that bad either.. its just that this website seems to have some sort of cross atlantic competition of who is losing the most rights.. and TBH it mostly emanates from USA citizens because you lot like to think ye have it better than everyone else.. no offense meant obviously.. its just an observation.

I know its easy to lump all EU countries into the same category for rights, laws, policies etc but because the EU is not yet a federal government, we are still 27 different countries in a common economy... therefore completely different.

[edit on 11/6/09 by Dermo]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
EU is PU the way they treat Microsoft.
The EU Illuminati are making rules and laws for a payout.
Well Hitler had all the security the Illuminati need to develop
TV and radio without paying one cent to Tesla and a few
more goodies we are not allowed to hear about.
Stuff that never happened. Sure sure Illuminati.
In a pig's eye.
So what is the EU developing now?
That it need so much security.
Super Dupper HD radio and 3D?
Security is just another way to get peolpe on their payroll,
their patrol with Microsoft money instead of Tesla's money.
Work of Microsoft or Security.
I think the Security money will run out, its a big sham.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
EU is PU the way they treat Microsoft.
The EU Illuminati are making rules and laws for a payout.
Well Hitler had all the security the Illuminati need to develop
TV and radio without paying one cent to Tesla and a few
more goodies we are not allowed to hear about.
Stuff that never happened. Sure sure Illuminati.
In a pig's eye.
So what is the EU developing now?
That it need so much security.
Super Dupper HD radio and 3D?
Security is just another way to get peolpe on their payroll,
their patrol with Microsoft money instead of Tesla's money.
Work of Microsoft or Security.
I think the Security money will run out, its a big sham.

I think you might be onto the lyrics of a pretty good track there

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join