It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu To Be Declared Global Pandemic *UPDATE* Level 6 Official

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
The thing, from what I've heard, that makes this flu different is it's tendency to target and

Ok, but I am curious about something, why is this tid bit important to you? Influenza killing a senior is still traumatic.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by Extralien

This is absoloute Blasphemy that you all seem to be believing....

Really, why is this all the sudden a pandemic, why isn't the regular Flu Virus a pandemic?

Please, do some google searches on the regular flu statistics on deaths and such, you'll wonder.... Why all the sudden all the commotion over this "Swine Flu".

I'll tell you what though, Vaccinations = $$$$$$ I smell treason.

-Psycho

It's a pandemic because it's a new disease for which humans have no natural immunity and because it spread very quickly around the world. The pandemic level is based on location, not severity.

People are alarmed because of what's happened in the past. Viruses can mutate and become stronger. This happened with the 1918 Spanish flu, killing hundreds of millions of people.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

And what so many other posters seem to miss, is the flu is ordinarily virtually non-existent in North America in June....they have never had hospitalizations for flu in anywhere close to these numbers in June before. Those that want to compare this to normal flu ought to look at the stats from previous years and they will see that this is very different, and has not been seen for as long as records have been kept monitoring the flus.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iulslion

Agreed.. I say to folks a Doctor will kill you if you let them...
I too feel it is just a way to introduce their "vaccine", that has actually really just been setting there till they built this thing up.

There is something out that says this vaccine will be ready and MANDATORY end of summer/fall.. A way to get those chips in us, or a way to make it a real pandemic..Who knows, but its also state that if we deny it we will get fine or imprisoned or worse. I have to find it..But I WILL NOT BE GETTING ANYTHING..Neither should anybody.. Just my thoughts

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

whats your point and how many people are getting hospitalized? Yes its new, yet it is similar and is a flu or cold. yes I understand it makes its victims sick, but most are not dieing. New illnesses occur every year. We just need to keep our wits about us, and maintain a understanding on this virus the best we can. Whats the point in fearing something we refuse to try to understand? I am not surprised with all the pollutants we put upon this earth that a new sickness has been born, yet we are blessed at this moment it is not killing all its victums, lets at least be wise enough to take it as a wake up call..

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WwUdNoW

Vaccines should not be mandatory in the US. If they have them available, and people choose to take the risk of taking the shots, then that's their business.

Mandatory vaccines will cause a panic that might lead to a bank holiday and the stock market tanking badly. Just some food for thought.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jooka24

Seriously?
That sucks, I haven't heard a thing, and of course my mother is still on the "but the news said its nothing to worry about you're crazy" kick so she's going about her life not worrying about it at all.
I bought masks way back, months ago. Yet to use them though.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie
reply to post by WwUdNoW

Vaccines should not be mandatory in the US. If they have them available, and people choose to take the risk of taking the shots, then that's their business.

Mandatory vaccines will cause a panic that might lead to a bank holiday and the stock market tanking badly. Just some food for thought.

Mandatory vaccines will cause more than a "Stock Market breakdown", more like a country full of pissed off Americans.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

How do these masks protect people, I do not understand your still breathing in the air around you.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

No. A micro-particle filtering mask. You are filtering out particles bigger than a certain size, which blocks most germs, and not to mention, prevents people from sneezing in your nose/mouth.

I'm not talking about flimsy paper ones.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

You might want to do some more research. Check out this thread and you will find the links to the stats re hospitalizations from flu in past years in NYC where more than 1/2 million are infected, and just from Monday to Wednesday alone, there were over 100 new hospitalizations from it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you take the time to look at the NYC stats, you will see that in all previous years, there are virtually zero reported cases of flu in NY state by the end of May. They record no flu for June 2008 or any other year. This year there are 1/2 million...doesn't that tell you this is different?

I really think you should do a bit more research before posting things here that most of us know to be wildly inaccurate. Many people have spent a lot of time making sure we are aware of the facts here, and i think it would be worth your while to do some reading, as you are coming across as a bit ignorant on most of the facts here, with all due respect.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

How do these masks protect people, I do not understand your still breathing in the air around you.

You need a N95 or N100 particulate respirator mask. They sell them at Loews or you can find them for very cheap online.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

how many are dieing?

it appears it is being treated even based on your two paragraphs.. Its a treatable illness. Why proclaim panic?

In addition i am sure their are some in the shadows here that would not call me ignorant.. Thanks for the insult thou...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Who proclaimed panic????

Many have died...as I said, do your research...the figures are out there....thousands more have been hospitalized....a Canadian province has had to go buy new respirators (in June no less) to accommodate the unprecedented number of people requiring them as a result of swine flu. There are hundreds, if not thousands hospitalized in the USA from this....unprecedented in June.

I'm happy to discuss this with you more after you've taken some time to acquaint yourself with some of the basic facts re this flu but don't want to spend all afternoon typing out what you can read on the thread I gave you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter

how many are dieing?

it appears it is being treated even based on your two paragraphs.. Its a treatable illness. Why proclaim panic?

In addition i am sure their are some in the shadows here that would not call me ignorant.. Thanks for the insult thou...

Granted, most people do not die from this illness, but the severity of an illness does not make it a pandemic. Pandemics are declared when there is a new disease for which we have no immunity and when this disease spreads quickly around the world. It has absolutely nothing to do with severity. If it did, yes, this wouldn't be a pandemic; but it doesn't. Pandemics are all about location, location, location.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I suggest you all stock up on oinkment, and not the type those swines will try and inject you with.

Organic foods, vitamin C and good water.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

You need a N95 or N100 particulate respirator mask. They sell them at Loews or you can find them for very cheap online.

You'll need goggles as well. If you don't cover your eyes the respirator is uselesss.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

no links no sources, just your opinions, please find another nemesis.

I admire your disregard to my opinions it just tells me I am making some sense yet not to you who thinks this is the plague, or whatever and everyone should start freaking out over it.. for me their is not enough truth or facts out there to back it up.. call me ignorant call me dumb call me what you will, I am just being realistic.. I don't think it is fair to others for you to try to make me feel or appear stupid for linking the facts with reality at this moment or trying to make me feel ignorant for doing so. I am right, I dunno but logically based off of the facts out there in the web and in the news and whatever sources their are I seem to be following the story. I have links to back it up. You at this point do not. i won't ask again for proof of hospitalizations or deaths from you either. I also am sure I don't have to ask you to leave me alone after this reply either. Provide some links for the whole community on what your preaching and maybe I will revere your words a lil more.

oh not to mention I have been following that thread since APRIL.. I even have posts on that thread...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The real head count won't even start right now, with prompt medical care and a healthy supply of medicine available to treat any complications or secondary illnesses. No, the problem starts when flu season kicks in. With all the panic and worrying, everyone with a bug will show up to be tested for swine flu. When the hospitals are overwhelmed and understocked, then we'll see how bad this virus really is.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I hear ya..

lets hope not...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join