It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film Aims to Expose Dangers in US Food Industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Film Aims to Expose Dangers in US Food Industry

www.truthout.org

Bigger-breasted chickens fattened artificially. New strains of deadly E. coli bacteria. A food supply controlled by a handful of corporations.

The documentary "Food, Inc." opens in the United States on Friday and portrays these purported dangers and changes in the US food industry, asserting harmful effects on public health, the environment, and worker and animal rights.

Big corporations such as biotech food producer Monsanto Co., US meat companies Tyson Food Inc. and Smithfield Foods,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ca.news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Awesome... This information need to get out to the public along with the plans for codex alimentarios. Our health system is disgusting and un-human. I have seen many documentaries about genetic engineering of animals and the contamination that comes as a side effect... The us allows up to ten percent genetic contamination opposed to the rest of the wester world that allows less than .99% We need to fight this...

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I pray every day that people start waking up.

Now if we can just get them to stop watching TV reality shows(rather unreality) and bimbo movies and turn their attention to this stuff!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wonderful! It sounds like the truth is slipping past its keepers.

I will look for the film and hope to see it. Thank you! S&F!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This reminds me a bit of a news article about the food industry. I think its the big media push for the codex alimentarius. I wrote a thread on the news article with the slant being the codex here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I believe this may tie into this film coming out. I'm glad to see you feeling this as well.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

I dont know that this is an out - fast food nation was one of the most eye opening books I have ever read - and trust me I have READ THEM ALL - the movie on the other hand was wet paper bag, moist toilet paper, wrist slapping, insipid, pallid rendition of the book - look forward to Food, Inc.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

Hey hey iamjesusphish this is great news. Do you think the media will shoot this film down. I myself have never heard of this film, I wonder why? Is it being promoted and will it go national? I sure hope everyone gets the oppurtunity to see it, Lord knows people need to be made aware. If everyone where educated about our food supply people would stop buying that sh*t and grow there own food or buy localy from trusted family farmers, problem is as soon as the big boys start losing profits they will do something extreme to get us to buy their products. If everyone would buck up something might change. I fear the media will twist this into being a bunch of BS and people will not believe what is in the film. They will somehow discredit the film and most people will think it is nuts. Just hide and watch that is what will happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I wish there were a way that we all can eat farm fresh and buy everything from farmer markets and eat whole foods, but I think that our population has out grown that level of consumption. We need to find better healthier ways to make food that through pumping them up with steroids and antibiotics. We need to find a way to grow our food to and make it healthier for us to consume.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This reminds me of a documentary I watched a couple weeks ago called The Future Of Food about engineered food and some bad stuff that's going on. It's playing on Hulu in their 'Popular Movies' section. It sure makes me upset to learn about these things. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF IV'E BEEN TRYING TO TELL MY FAMILY, NOW WITH THIS MOVIE COMING OUT THEY WILL FINALLY PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE THAT THE HIGH RANKING FOOD COMPANIES DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE HEALTH OF THE PEOPLE THAT BY THESE FOODS ONLY THE MONEY THEY PUT OUT OF THEIR POCKETS

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Awesome, just awesome... I am so pleased with the response to this. I look forward to the film!! Spread the word people, we need to be heard...

top topics

join