It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Outrageous Lie: Racist Von Brunn is "Hero of 9/11 Truthers"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What did you expect from the racist chruch of Morman? Where he was breed and raised as a soldier of morman, the only church to be openly racist.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The 9/11 Truther's is a tiny movement and nearly everyone in the US who knows about it thinks you are nuts.

I'd say you are full of #, it's not a small movement, it grows each and every day, secondly how do you verify that "everyone" thinks 9/11 truth advocates are "nuts?"

I would say you're nuts if you prefer 9/11 Lies to 9/11 Truth.

I would say you are nuts if you call conjecture truth...

And yes, everyone I know believes 9/11 truthers to be nuts... that's not everyone of course, but everyone I know which is a lot of people....

Do you know why they think their nuts? Not because of the assumption that something was afoot, but because of HOW they talk about it, and HOW they are convinced!

Anyone who is passionately and emotionally convinced of anything is a nut. See Christians... or Muslims, or any other cult, and you will better understand what I mean.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by humilisunus
What did you expect from the racist chruch of Morman? Where he was breed and raised as a soldier of morman, the only church to be openly racist.

Did he convert before or after the Mormons publicly denounced their racism?

That's the question... not whether or not he was converted...

Mod Edit: removal of Ill Mannered Post

[edit on 12-6-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't know whether you are right or not, but you have to face reality at some point. Grow a pair or take up knitting.

I don't think "Grow a pair" is the right thing to say here. Truth-seekers in any forum, whether 9/11 related or not, have "a pair". Because if every other "mainstream" person was already on-board with the truth being sought, we wouldn't need "a pair" would we? Its takes "no pair" to be in the mainstream. Get it?

Here is another great example of the failed logic that fuels the 9/11 truther movement...

the assumption that they are more justified than anyone else because they actually seek the truth...

Sounds JUST like a Christian....Or Muslim.... or any other belief system.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Here is another great example of the failed logic that fuels the 9/11 truther movement...

the assumption that they are more justified than anyone else because they actually seek the truth...

(please ignore this if you were joking, it's hard to tell)
So if I understand correctly, having a belief system and seeking the truth is failed logic.
May I derive from this that not giving a flip about the truth, and having no beliefs is preferable? Sounds confusing.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

(please ignore this if you were joking, it's hard to tell)
So if I understand correctly, having a belief system and seeking the truth is failed logic.
May I derive from this that not giving a flip about the truth, and having no beliefs is preferable? Sounds confusing.

I do appreciate you engaging me in this.

The key thing here is this. If you look at all of the different people involved with movements which are "Seeking the truth", you will find that they also believe they see something that others don't. They are somehow better than everyone else because they are "seeking truth".

Once again, it's not with what someone claims to be truth that is the issue, it's the way they orient themselves to others who don't believe the same way which is telling.

And in this case, with the man in question, this led him to kill others. It's no surprise though because if you look at how that orientation effects humanity, it typically leads to people becoming so convinced that they are right, that they feel it is their duty to take action... and typically violent action.

It's the same thing which motivates islamofacists... etc.

So back to "Should we believe in things and seek truth?" The answer to this is, that if we are to seek truth, we have to be intellectually honest withourselves, and start from the point that we know nothing. We have to be skeptical of everything and most specifically our own beliefs.

Most people's motivations are formed by their beliefs. You believe that if you do good you'll go to heaven, so you try to do things which are acceptable. Or if you are stigmatized, you might go the other way and repeat patterns that put you in the place of the bad guy.

Either way, most are slaves to their beliefs. So... As with many others in the history of the world, I have come to a conclusion for myself that I am happier when I form my beliefs based on my motives instead of the other way around. In this way I can believe anything which suits me at the time and am not tied down to any particular school of thought for any length of time.

In the end, there are two questions..

1. Would you rather be right or happy?

2. There is definitely a sun on the horizon, but if it is setting or rising is completely subjective and up to you. If you choose to believe the world is going to pot.. then that is your reality... if you choose to believe otherwise, than that is your reality. Which is it to you?

My belief is that I AM GOD. Meaning I am the only one responsible for my reality, both subjectively and objectively. It frees me from being ticked off at anyone... Even when there are things which happen beyond my control... I still have the ability to choose how I react to it.

One more thing.... The rest is completely opinion of mine... And is adimittedly my religious view...

The only truth is that we are all responsible for our own subjective experience....

There is no higher truth, because nothing can supersede the responsibility one has for their subjective experience...

It's as if the objective world just doesn't really matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jen6238

So, his physical appearance has implications for the authenticity of his views? I think that sentiment might be a little "Brunn-like."

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

My belief is that I AM GOD.

In caps no less.

Hey you seem like a mostly agreeable guy, so I'm sincere here.
Have you thought about maybe something should be looked into, like
God Complex?

Are you a cult leader, or planning to become one?

Once again, it's not with what someone claims to be truth that is the issue, it's the way they orient themselves to others who don't believe the same way which is telling.

And in this case, with the man in question, this led him to kill others. It's no surprise though because if you look at how that orientation effects humanity, it typically leads to people becoming so convinced that they are right, that they feel it is their duty to take action... and typically violent action.

Hunk, in the past, people who apparently also thought they were God (e.g. Charles Manson, Jim Jones, David Koresh) scared many people to the point that deaths occurred. Should we be worried? Like Glenn Beck is worried about "truthers"?

[edit on 12-6-2009 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just because this loser was a racist doesn't mean that what he ALSO believed in is rotten.
Personally, I'm going to have to read more on the subject before I believe anything about the Twin Towers.
I also think GB is funny and is right on target about ACORN and what they are doing.
I see a bunch of mixed messages here.
Just because he associated truthers with this racist nutjob, doesn't negate everything else he might have said.
I'm quick to doubt alot of what goes on in the MSM but to regard EVERYTHING as false, stretches things a bit.

what DOES worry me is the MSM will lump this nut, the killer of Tiller, and that muslim who killed the recruiter, in with those of us who have doubts about the honesty of our "representatives".
Domestic terrorists seems too easy to label all of us that peacefully question what is reaally going on. It appears that we could be headed to those FEMA camps much quicker than any of us thought.

Just a few thoughts people. . . . . .

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

The problem with truthers is they can find one thing wrong in a government report created by a panel no less this means multiple opinions and they believe this justifies throwing out all the facts. In a way it is cult like. lets look at past cult leaders they pick parts of the bible that support there beliefs ignore other parts. Very similar so far they always have a distrust of authority again fits. Not all truthers are fanatical however there is an extreme number of them and this makes it difficult for the public to even take them seriously. I learned the hard way when someone tries to point out something they have wrong they attack you again cult like so i see similarities.

There is no way to deny a plane hit the towers it was witnessed by thousands of people on the street.Demolition of the building would have been impossible in that short of time contact any demolitions team they will tell you this.It would have taken at least a week to just set the charges. So the whole argument is silly. Ive done demolition and trust me to have a controlled fall of a building that large would have taken days of planning allot of cutting of support beams thousands of miles of det cord and lets us not forget they would have heard the explosions in all of new York because you would start with the top of the building and would need each floor to pancake the next so each floor would end up with minimum of 100 packs per floor the total demolition time for a building that large id say about a 45 seconds for charges andsoon after that total collapse while your waiting for supports on each floor. It would sound like the forth of July! The only legitimate concern is how did they get in the plane in the first place that is what is being hidden theres more to that story.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
* reply to post by HunkaHunka

Way off the mark here mate - waaaay off.

There are perceptions in the world and two people presented with the same facts with come to vastly disparate conclusions on a myriad of subjects - your conclusions would result in people who see Israel's influence on the US, beyond the mere victim status they project, as somehow better or "nuts", similar with those who seek to improve the environment, end nuclear weapons, end poverty, etc ,etc - it is a blanket generalisation of anyone showing a passionate interest in a subject and is quite frankly complete bull#.

The reality is that having a Masters in International Relations has put me in a position to understand a significantly more than most people about geo-politics and the machinations of IR - and most people simply have no idea - and yes - I absolutely KNOW that I understand and KNOW things more than other people -

One of the most defining features of truthers is that they have taken the time and energy to research everything - STARTING WITH THE OFFICIAL STORY = those who stop with what they are told by the powers that be have a significantly shallower understanding - in fact I have almost NEVER come across anyone who has sat through these documentaries and come away un-changed.....never.

The reality is the truthers DO KNOW MORE - DO HAVE HIGHER UNDERSTANDING and are on the whole considerably more intelligent than the drone like minions who tow the official line - so on the whole your logic and point of view is garbage from every aspect -

Finally please watch press for truth - these are middle class, middle american house wives who have taken their staunch belief in the governments story - having sat through the entire process of the commission and are the very essence of what makes your points and views and arguments total TAWDDLE - watch the documentary and if you can still sit there and bold face LIE and about this then more fool you - watch it and then come back and retract your posts -

Here is the link -

video.google.com...#

look forward to hearing your retractions -

thanks.

Mod Wdit: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link *inserted "Reply to..."

[edit on 12-6-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Mod Note....STAY ON TOPIC
It appears that this topic is drifting in and out and away from the original intent of the author.

Please read (or re-read) the opening of this thread:
Glenn Beck's Outrageous Lie: Racist Von Brunn is "Hero of 9/11 Truthers"

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
thankfully there is a thread on ATS that suggests that G. beck is beng sued for deformation by someone for being so pathetic to try and push such crap

the thing is that if someone didn't sue this crap would fly with the majority of the populaton

I mean you got a small percent of "9/11 truthers in the country maybe 5%"

perhaps they should have another name.....i mean say glen beck and
hunka hunka and everyone else could think of them and be more pleased if they were called "9/11 patriots who are trying to do what the founding fathers wished and call out the potential for a murderous minority sect in gov't and possibly a rouge sect in intelligence agency as well and route them out"

too bad that another 60% of the population that cares about "news" just gets home from a long day's work pops open a beer and turns on the news with the idea they are getting "filled in" with "what's going on" .....really fox....cnn....and cnbc should be called fox opinion and reports.......because when pushed on issues they say well we don't have to be "truthful" we are entertainment....

.......nobody wants to come home after a long day and conduct a research report and double check the motives for opinions being parroted on the tv....they sit down have a beer and looke to get "filled in"...they assume that someone on a tv "news" channel is somewhat intelligent and then they listen to him babble.....when enough of his babble is repeated it begins to sink in to the viewers opinion...... there is truth that an opinion repeated often enough begins to be accepted as truth.....especially when there is EMOTIONAL comfort to WANT to believe it.......when the opposite is Pain or distrust or fear that somehow someone has infiltrated part of a organizaton that is supposed to be protecting you and doing the opposite.... especially when nobody really knows what happened but the founding father would be grateful that some people are questonng and looking into the event with good intentions .....perhaps if they did they would see that associating this sicko killeras a 9/11 truth hero is a joke

and the other 35% .....well they wouldn't want their next party or good mood to be inconvienience by such a "downer" of a thought.........and i am not talking about believing it.......just giving it a unbiased LOOK.....and saying heck maybe soo.........maybe not...........

but to look at people who take the time out of their day to look at things like this and wonder if somehow a rogue fraction of authority's got together using and assisting low level terrorists and committed an attrocity........that wondering this ...(after perhaps realizing that they have thought about things "like this" in the past (google operation northwoods).. that this is Nutty.....that is insulting.....and lazy convenient...ignorant thought

*instead it is so much more convenient to shoot the messenger of unwelcome thoughts and with the media's blessing label them a nut so you can continue your day .....without such "unwelcome QUESTONS" so people convince themselves it was IMPOSSIBLE because they hate not knowing* so now they can act like they do.......the truth is that the majorty of them don't and neither i believe do the majority of "truthers"....but at least they are digging for a good cause

i ask for some latitude with respect to staying on topic because 9/11 truth'ers need to be shown in a better light (than wacko killer's)...and that is why i made a couple of my opinions

[edit on 12-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
People may find this strange but I like Fox. I like O'Reilly and I like the morning news with Hemmer and Kelly. Hannity is so far off the edge that I just can't see how you can devote half your show to Letterman calling Palin's daughter a Ho and considering yourself a serious journalist. MSNBC and all the rest are the polar opposites and do not say anything that I would listen to.

Then there is Beck. I will say that the topic of his shows are subjects that I find relevant and interesting. That I will attribute to the shows writers and producers. As far as Mr. Beck goes I really don't care for him.

As far as his comments on the 9/11 truthers I think that is completely unfounded. I would challenge anyone to link open minded free thinking individuals that choose not to believe the official account of what goes on with a close minded fool who wastes his life hating the world. I am not a 9/11 "truther" but I will listen to what people have to say as long as it is respectful and not hateful.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

My belief is that I AM GOD.

In caps no less.

Hey you seem like a mostly agreeable guy, so I'm sincere here.
Have you thought about maybe something should be looked into, like
God Complex?

Are you a cult leader, or planning to become one?

Not at all.. did you read the rest of my explanation behind the I AM GOD premise? That I am the only one responsible for my reality, and in those situations where there are objective phenomena that I cannot control I can always control how I react to or interpret this phenomena...

Hunk, in the past, people who apparently also thought they were God (e.g. Charles Manson, Jim Jones, David Koresh) scared many people to the point that deaths occurred. Should we be worried? Like Glenn Beck is worried about "truthers"?

Once again these people didn't just think they were God, they thought they were the ONLY God as if something was special about them.

I not only believe that I AM GOD in my reality, but also that YOU ARE GOD in your reality. The whole point is that I don't blame others for my reality. I take full responsibility for everything in my world as if it all originates from within.

When you operate in this way, you don't blame others. You ARE the authority, there is no authority to rebel against...

If Van Braun had this inkling, he would never have hated on anyone... instead he felt as if the objective world mattered and that his frustration was somehow tied to it. It's not.

Happiness is not an objective phenomenon. And ultimately, neither is truth...

[edit on 13-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

My point is that anyone who hates on another is not taking responsibility for their lives.

You can't take responsibility for your life by attempting to change the outside.... you have to change the inside.

At the end of the day, it's the only true way to be happy. Because Happy is not an objective phenomena... it is only a subjective one, therefore the only battle to be had is the one within.

Everything else is monkey's throwing feces... like this guy Van Braun or the truther movement! Or any of us in this forum...

Oh and to bring it back on topic...

Looks like dude WAS A truther!

Glenn Beck did not lie....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Oh and to bring it back on topic...

Looks like dude WAS A truther!

Glenn Beck did not lie....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the quote was "Hero to the Truthers" "Hero" Correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way I have a hard time following your philosophy of life...but whatever floats your boat.

Ex

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think I may be the dullest pencil in the box here.......
But
What in the world does finding the truth about 911
and the conspiratorial looking ,and most definitely
unprovocked war in Iraq
have to do with some old racist homegrown assho*e,
who has been a disgrace to his family, according to his son?

Please someone expain the connection between these two,
besides Glenn Becks neocon rambling!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

It looks to me that you are one of the sharpest pencils in the box honestly... It has nothing to do with it which angers many of people including Fox sheepish flock which I admit I use to be since it's beginnings.

I appreciate your post.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join