It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Outrageous Lie: Racist Von Brunn is "Hero of 9/11 Truthers"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

That's actually not at all true, during his early years on CNN he was actually a part of the 9/11 Truth movement.

Oh please, I watched him on CNN discussing how loony and baseless 9/11 Truthers are. Apparently, a lot of people on this site started defending this guy without ever knowing about that. Makes me sad.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Within minutes of the shooting the media knew of his website. Don't you think within minutes they put on "his" website the information they need to make it seem he was a hero to the 911 Truthers? I"d love to see the logs to his website and know when that info was added.

The Truthers are harmless. It is only they who do not wish the Truth to see the Dawn's early Light of day who are dangerous.

The Truthers are part of the Twilight's Last Gleaming, for the Darkness must never fully surround no one.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hmm... let's compare. An Islamic terrorist kills a soilder. One news report and that's it. A white terrorist kills a security gaurd at a museum. Mass TV reports, website asscociations, friends and famility, etc. 24/7 coverage, news at ten.

No news on the Islamic terrorist and his ties to Islamic hate groups, his mosque, his friends, or his mentors. Hmmm...

Now, what is the government planning....?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I dont think its because he doesn't support or believe in the 9/11 truth movement.Probably more to do with the fact he is attempting to link all 9/11 truthers with a crazy white supremacist who shot and killed someone.

Without further study into the movement, I couldn't say if they have more white supremacists in them than not...

What is the percentage of truthers who are white supremacists OR support what this guy did? I just don't know...

Do you?

The issue is not only that obviously all 9/11 truthers are not white supremacists just like he was a WW2 veteran and i don't now think all WW2 Veterans are anti-Semites. You know because they actually help the Jews.

The biggest lie is that he was a "HERO" of the truth movement and we all know that he wasn't because personally I'd never even heard his name before yesterday and i follow the movement closely so in other words Glenn Beck is a horrible news man and might aswell said that Von Brunn was actually Superman because it hold just about as much validity.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Beefcake]

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Glenn Beck really believes this stuff he says. He's not in a conspiracy, he doesn't believe in conspiracies, such as the FEMA concentration and population reduction camps, nor 9/11 truth. He's in his own world. Don't worry, when they install sharia law he'll get it. When he can't walk or be where ever he likes he'll get it. When they rewrite the constitution he'll get it.

you probably haven't been watching Beck for very long. He's been talking about his concern with "radical Islam" and how in his opinion, "political correnctness" is blinding the average American against a slow takeover.

His own words:

"Because I mention Island and extremist in the same sentence, let me stop right here. My stance on Islam has been so twisted and mangled and misrepresented that my wife probably even thinks I'm an intolerant hatemonger. So let me be clear, once and for all:

1. I have read the Koran and can tell you that I unequivocally believe that Islam is a religion of peace. ........

2. Immediately after September 11, 2001, listeners began calling into my radio show demanding guilt-by-association for average Muslims. I begged them not to overeact and explained that the people they wanted to villify were likely just as shocked and saddened by what happened as they were.

3. Because I personally witnessed how quickly fear can make good, rational people overreact, I have spent years begging moderate Muslims to stand up and denounce the monsters who have perverted their religion.

4. Although some have spoken out, it's clear to me that the radicals' plan to use fear and intimidation is working. They have shown that they are more than willing to kill anyone, including other Muslims, who don't share their beliefs, and that has left many moderate Muslims living in fear.

5. Muslims are not the enemy; extremists who want to destroy democracy and create Islamist states all over the world are the enemy."

[edit on 11/6/09 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Here is at least one article, please do your own research as the facts back up my statements about GB... You can find plenty of comments from GB calling Ron Paul, Ron Paul Supports and 9/11 Truthers Domestic Terriorist...

Nov 14, 2007.
Glenn Beck Deems Ron Paul “Domestic Threat”
Hired propagandist and corporate media shill, Glenn Beck, had Jonathan Sandys, great-grandson of Winston Churchill, and the neocon and former Marxist David Horowitz on his show to attack Ron Paul, or more accurately the “fringe elements” that support Paul.

Horowitz, typically mired in the 1960s, completely mischaracterized the underlying dynamic of the movement, drawing anachronous comparisons between antiwar radicals of the so-called “New Left” back in the day with Muslims and the diversified antiwar movement of today. Horowitz, with his Marxist conditioning, insisted on lumping these two elements together and for obvious reasons — demonizing Paul supporters becomes an easier, albeit intellectually lazy and disingenuous effort.

Beck fine tuned Horowitz’s mischaracterization. “Let me take it back the other way, David,” he averred, “it’s not just the Left this time, it’s also the Right. Ron Paul’s supporters are also on the Right.” Horowitz agreed and specifically attacked Lew Rockwell, declaring the Libertarians as “indistinguishable from the anti-American Left these days” and insisting they are “totally in bed with the Islamo-fascists,” in other words they are terrorists.

Jonathan Sandys lamented the loss of “traditional values,” that is to say it is no longer quite so easy to bamboozle the public and march them off to war, as our rulers are accustomed.

Beck concluded his segment by declaring the “Ron Paul Revolution” is “meant as a catchy slogan, but I fear some of his fringe supporters are taking the word ‘revolution’ to literally,” sort of like the founders took the word literally and acted upon it. Beck and his corporate handlers are concerned because, indeed, the Ron Paul Revolution is far more than a simple slogan and Paul supporters fully intend to clean out the corporate infested whorehouse in the District of Criminals and return America to a nation based on constitutional principles.

“As the Ron Paul movement grew, it was inevitable that the neocons would turn from demeaning to smearing,” writes Lew Rockwell on the LRC blog. “One clownish and sinister example was Glenn Beck’s CNN show last night.”

Beck actually said that the US military may have to be used against the growing threat of domestic terrorism: Ron Paul donors. Why? Because there is a “rising tide of disenfranchisement” (sic) and Ron’s volunteers raised $4.3 million in one day “to commemorate Guy Fawkes” in a “money bomb.” Of course, no American knows anything about the English Catholic rebel of four centuries ago. The donors were referencing the movie and graphic novel, V for Vendetta.

Then Beck says he [is] a libertarian in his heart and it’s OK to raise money anyway you want, so long as you are not “blowing people up.” This from a guy who advocates blowing people up every day, so long as they’re Arabs.

Then comes a plummy Brit who I think is one of Bertie Wooster’s friends from the Drones Club. Then Beck gets to the real point: we are a right-wing peace movement. And being for peace means you want to kill people, whereas being for war means you want peace, if I may distill the agitprop.

It should be obvious by now that there is indeed a concerted effort to go after the “fringe element,” that is to say patriotic Americans who want to put an end to endless neocon wars advocated by the likes of washed-up Marxists and former Trotskyites—or as the patriotic American, Paul Craig Roberts, calls them, “the Jacobins in the Bush administration”—and return America to a constitutional republic.

I stand by my posting and statements!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would also like to remind the readers of this posting that the Title of this article is about the lie that the shooter is a HERO by 9/11 Truthers... Not if he visited websites or posted comments on websites regarding 9/11. It is a lie that the shooter is a hero of anykind for attacking anything or anybody with violence. So I guess because he was a vet of WW11 that makes him a hero by them as well when they fought againts tyranny such as this... Keep up the propaganda lol

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Well, from your own nonlinked post, I don't read anyplace where he is accusing Ron Paul of being a terrorist. I didn't link in my previous post about Beck, as I was reading from his book.

You see what I mean Rams? It's easy, to shift the language just a tweak, where words are put in peoples' mouths. I don't think it happens intentionally, just we, and by that I mean me, get passionate about certain subjects, and before we know it, something has been misrepresented.

There are herds of folks that don't bother finding out for themselves, they just jump on the wagon.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Your quick reply to my recent posting shows that you have no intrest in finding out the TRUTH about GB's statements without researching(googling, Yshooing) for yourself. It didn't take long to reply to your comments with all the links on google regarding plenty of GB statements attacking Ron Pual and Truthers all the way back about 4 years ago. Thank you for taking part though, the great part about being an American is your freedom to believe what ever you want without violence.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I never thought I would see the day when wanting to know the truth, any truth, but especially about the greatest "shock-and-awe" event since Pearl Harbor, would make some people suspicious of you and link you with neo-nazis or domestic terrorists. Truly Orwellian.

"Truther": Then you will want to know the truth, and the truth will get you on the watchlist.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Great comment... It's all about discusion and respecting the right of all Americans in there sereach for the truth. I think the fear of the truth is too hard for some even today in 2009 after Linlcon, JFK, attemp on Regan, the prior warning of the attacks on Pearl Habor. It is what it is.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Don't forget about the Architechs and Engineers for 9/11 truth! Richard Gage is the hero of the movement! Funny how the MSM toatally ignore Richard Gage and the 700 well educated Arc & Engs. Hey GB are all those white collar educated engineers a threat to our country as well? What happend GB? You used to be cool...now your a tool....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hero to the "truthers" OMFG!

White Supremacists = 911 Truthers

Well I guess we should expect more of this type of thing being that our President equated us to Holocaust Deniers last week!

The thing that really irks me is that these shills are presented on "News" channels. You know objective "News" channels.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi - (not a white supremacist)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

...and let the derangement begin! Whooohooo ! Nice very nice.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Oh Glenn. You're trampling on Hannity territory with that baseless diatribe you spurted off to the general public yesterday.

When will the country not be "going down the tube", Glenn? I suppose if it wasn't...you wouldn't have a show.

So yet again, we see Mr. Beck telling us that "9/11 Truthers" and "Muslim extremists" have sown the seads of hatred in our country. And now all these whackos are going to come out the woodwork and somehow its all going to be blamed on the conservatives.

And then he gets Debbie Schlussel to jump on his crazy train by claiming that our tolerance for the Islamic community caused this. Because, in her greatest generalization, obviously all Muslims hate Jews. And we tolerate Muslims. So therefore, we're telling White Supremicists its ok to act as they do. (its always the "liberals" fault, you see)

Why is this non-sensical rubbish even on television?

I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Von Braun had a picture of Glenn Beck in his wallet.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by awake_awoke]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
theres needs to be a msm lynching. or atleast a public mockery of. bunch of liars.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
"I think the fear of the truth is too hard for some even today in 2009"

That's it in a nutshell. People are afraid of truth and what it might do to thier way of thinking about America and it's government. For some people, way to many people, if it's on CNN, FOX or MSNBC then it's the truth. That to me is very scary.
It is so obvious to me that the American people are being subverted and lied too. I think there are more people in Europe that know this than there are in America.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thanks for tugging me back on topic Rams. I was doing much the same last night on the other thread about this issue.

No, my quick reply demonstrates that I spent several hours last night talking about this very thing!

For the record, and what I said on the other thread [paraphrasing myself].... while I have enjoyed Glenn Beck's entertainment, I don't condone nor do I respect him blasting out generalizations. It seems likely that there were SOME people that called themselves truthers that also identified with the shooter. Beck painted them all into a cubbyhole.

I don't care for that, I don't care who is doing it. I don't believe for a second that truthers are "trying to destroy the country" or even that a significant percentage of them held the shooter as their "hero". Beck was employing hyperbole to tie into one of his own agendas.

Also Rams, perhaps I took issue because a thread last week accused Beck of saying that all militia were white supremecists. It wasnt' the case at all, he didn't say that. He was referring to a video that has travelled about here and everywhere in which an alleged radical "recruiter" said he wanted to take anthrax through Mexico to the U.S. and would utilize white supremecists if he could.

So, bottom line, I apologize. I was probably unnecessarily curt with you, and that wasn't my intention.

I just want fairness in reporting. I do the same thing with Obama threads, even though I am concerned about him and his administration. It's all too easy to attribute things to people and others take up the battle without ever finding out for themselves.

cheers

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No dubt, everything you've said in your last post taken into consideration and I can't help but agree with your bottom line so all is peace...

On the Obama comment: I can't help but be concerned as well but I don't bash or rant without researching the facts first. I only wish America the best and continue to keep my fingers crossed. It's getting crazy out there is all I can see and say.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by Rams59lb

911 Truthers are non-violent truth seekers and simply that!

If the truthers are non-violent, then the movement is lost. You need to realize that carrying a sign never accomplishes anything, esp in a police state like america where the govt controls the media.

Sure. Go and tell that to Ghandi. THe truth movement is the first real practical remodelling of the peace movement arriving not out of leaders, but from each individual thinking critically about the obvious fallacy of the WTC demolition. The truth movement has already penetrated subcultural America, indeed the world, Inspiring amongst other things, a large body of European scientists to investigate the collapse of WTC 1,2&7 empirically, culminating in the release of data revealing beyong doubt that nano thermite explosives (Or explosive paint) was the major contributing factor to their collapse. No bullets, No guns, no dininfo, no macho fight them or die BS either. How can a movement based on truth be lost to the lie of violence? I dont think "Marching up and down the square" with a goofy sign will turn it all around either, nor do the Truth movement themselves. It is a dynamic, seeking lateral and sciencific thinking to expose the bona-fide causes for this tragedy, and it's subsequent degeneration into an illegal war. Facts, not placards, science not riots, creative information distribution, instead of setting yourself up to be justafiable discredited as not only insane, but VIOLENT. Simply, the truth movement seems it will utilize every aparatus of our social system (Science,Law,Politics, media etc) to analyse information on their own terms, this facilitating a consensus in the community about the validity of the government issued conspiracy theory. It's not hard ball time, it's SMART ball time.

HOWEVER, my mind is open to differnt ideas and concepts fo change, and also aware of disinfo, the ol' Venetian divide and conquor number.

Peace, sry for typos.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Trunkeight]

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Trunkeight]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join