It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Washington DC (Updated)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
WTF are you talking about? This piece if crap is a known white supremist and Neo-Nazi.

I'm well aware of his beliefs. I am simply saying the media will focus more on the fact that he was linked to white supremacist websites than that he was a white supremacist.

Pointing out the fact that he is a Neo-Nazi doesn't justify censorship of the Internet. But pointing out the fact that he spread his Neo-Nazi beliefs across the Internet recklessly and freely does justify censorship in the minds of many.

That is why they are going to spin it in that direction, and that is why in the coming days you will no doubt see the same tired TV pundits discussing the same tired gun control and Internet censorship issues.

They are going to use every negative event to their favor whether they were involved in creating it or not. To think otherwise is brainwashed and nonsensical.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) -- Israel has condemned the shooting at the U.S. Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. on Wednesday.

"We are shocked and saddened by today's shooting incident at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington," Jonathan Peled, who is a spokesman for the Embassy of Israel in D.C., told BNO News.

"The Embassy of Israel condemns this attack and is closely following the situation," Peled added. The Israeli minister is currently visiting Washington but was not at the museum.

bno news

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I saw this news and immediately came to this forum for the first time in a long time. It fits all too well.

"Believed to be anti-government, white supremacist"

aka this guy knows about CTs and has reached a personal conclusion.

And now the media already begins its "He was anti-government (might as well be synonymous with terrorist at this point)" propaganda.

Dare we not make any moves, for if we do, we will be perceived as the enemy. And they'll google our names and find out we posted here.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yikes!

Sounds like the kind of guy who would be pushed over the edge by a Black President. His world has ended.

What really sucks is now if you mention anything about the federal reserve to a non-CT type they will lump you in with the likes of this rabid numbskull.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

It's odd how quickly top officials are commenting on this very minor event. Not to sound insensitive or anything, but no one even died, and only two people - including the shooter - were shot and injured.

Is this because of the shooting itself or because of where it happened? If it had happened at the Smithsonian would Barack Obama and/or the Israeli Embassy even comment, much less this quickly? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
yes i already said that. They are running fast to comment on this. Possibly because of the debacle of not commenting right away on the muslim killing those soldiers last week at that recruiting station.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I would think that because it is a sensitive issue at the best of times, And goodness this flew out world wide almost moments after it happened.

I'm sure it is due to the location and also due to the relationship between Israel and US,

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

Perhaps there is more to the story than is being reported or will ever be reported. Someone asked earlier how the man managed to get a gun in the building in the first place. Maybe this was staged and was meant to be bloodier than it turned out to be? Maybe either he failed to do his job or security did theirs too well?

I'm not claiming there is some sort of conspiracy to this. I am simply asserting the possibility. If there is any weight to that, the quick responses by both the government of the United States and Israel are like a child that has done something wrong and claims "I didn't do it" before they're even confronted.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Something tells me it will be "discovered" that this white supremacist was also a Ron Paul supporter, a Constitutionalist, a 9/11 truther, a global warming denier, and listened to Alex Jones.

Like Rahm said, "never let a serious crisis go to waste!".

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I also wondered how he could trot on into a federally controlled building with a rifle without someone stopping him before he even got near it. The guy was elderly and unless he was in good shape i don't see how he got that far before being confronted. It is also worth mentioning that the news has all this guys quotes posted and are recycling them non-stop. things like "the jews control the media" and similar allegations.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusInvictus
I saw this news and immediately came to this forum for the first time in a long time. It fits all too well.

"Believed to be anti-government, white supremacist"

aka this guy knows about CTs and has reached a personal conclusion.

And now the media already begins its "He was anti-government (might as well be synonymous with terrorist at this point)" propaganda.

Dare we not make any moves, for if we do, we will be perceived as the enemy. And they'll google our names and find out we posted here.

Who's to say that an agent provocateur was not whispering sweet nothings in this very old man's ear to get him to take action thereby providing a platform for some very interesting policies as suggested in this thread? Without a doubt, the rapid response from both the White House and Israel are questionable at best and suspicious at worst.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I would think that because it is a sensitive issue at the best of times, And goodness this flew out world wide almost moments after it happened.

I'm sure it is due to the location and also due to the relationship between Israel and US,

I think you've nailed it, Asla. This is a particularly tense time and there are several hot button issues (such as the recent murder of the doctor who provided abortions) that the media is going to rush to comment on.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Incidents like these, as well as the killing of the abortion doctor and the killer's warning that more is to come suddenly makes the Homeland Security report on right-wing extremist extremely poignant and a godsend.

As for the people who are already blaming the media for something that hasn't happened and will not happen, you are as bad as this shooter.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well, yeah. But I'm not going to be the one to complain about the anti-semitism. It's everywhere. It's invasive. People don't even notice it anymore. And I'm treading lightly before it pops up more in this thread. I honestly don't think the media could possibly over-publicize this. It's completely wrong, and some people think it's justified because of their own beliefs about Jews or the Holocaust or whatever.

I just called my grandma to make sure she was alright emotionally. That place is very special to her. You know, I'm very glad that he did not bomb the place. Because I believe that he very well could have and would have.

Does anyone else notice that these people who tend to use violence to make a point are typically aligned in the same way...?

[edit on 6/10/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Who's to say that an agent provocateur was not whispering sweet nothings in this very old man's ear to get him to take action thereby providing a platform for some very interesting policies as suggested in this thread?

I don't think he needed an agent provocateur. If you've read his writings (some of which are very vitrolic and tend to demand a swift and bloody act to rid the world of the people he thinks are dangers), then this is very consistent with his beliefs and feelings.

I think he did it in part because of his age -- he has nothing to lose no matter what happens. He felt like taking a symbolic stand to justify his hatred.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Something tells me it will be "discovered" that this white supremacist was also a Ron Paul supporter

On his website he links to StormFront (white supremacist website), which donated $500 to Ron Paul's campaign. I agree with you that the "connection" - no matter how loose or full of nonsense it is - will more than likely be made.

This reminds me of Scott Roeder, the guy who murdered the abortionist George Tiller. I have heard about how he got caught up in "conspiracy theories" and was always on the Internet and blah blah blah...

That's what I'm saying: they'll use any event to further their agenda.

link   
Shepard Smith just said that people like this guy "who want the presidents birth certificate and think he is a muslim must stop". Looks like they are getting worried about major movements that they don't control.

link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

That was a sweeping statement to include everyone who doesn't think like you. Hmmm?

link   
I don't care who or what he is, that is some messed up business right there! My god is the hatred ever going to stop here lately. WE have pro lifers killing pro choice, the shooting at the recruiters by some stupid misguided jailhouse Muslim, and now this? What the heck are they putting in the water lately.

I think this is only the beginning, people are feeling desperate and the unbalanced ones are acting out their aggressions. Very scary times.

edit to add: Now this hatemongering idiot will go down as some sort of hero among the other hate filled supremacist groups, as an old man he was pretty much washed up, nice move.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There's always more to a story than we could ever know. My condolences to anyone traumatized by this. I'm not much of a predictor of things, but my guess would be that in a week or so, we will hear of another one. We've got the Muslim, the White-Supremest, who's next?

80 years old, an apparently decorated veteran....what a shame. It seems such a struggle sometimes to try and become informed without letting your perceptions or assumed knowledge get the better of you. Such a fine line we all have to walk.

There must have been a better way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join