It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep disturbances and the 'time monks'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
Juist great. I didn't have any sleeping problems until i read this thread
. For the last two days i had trouble staying asleep. Never had that problem but now i had it 4 times in 2 nights.

i'm the other way round, I had problems sleeping for years, as in waking up every hour, not being able to switch off some noghts and taking an hour or 2 to get vack to sleep when i do wake up! nowadays the last 6 months anyway I've been sleeping a lot, getting really tired and sleep like the dead and have some really vivid dreams! I am directly opposite from people who cant sleep now....

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
Juist great. I didn't have any sleeping problems until i read this thread
. For the last two days i had trouble staying asleep. Never had that problem but now i had it 4 times in 2 nights.

Don't you just hate the power of suggestion!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

It's a love-hate relationship, ut this is one of the less attractive elements in there

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

From my personal view, I now feel a bit isolated, as I can't share what I have been experiencing with my friends. Too "off the wall".

Also, I am going into a phase where all I want to do is find answers and come across others with similar experiences. This is not like me, as I am usually a very social person.
~Maya

You can say that again! I am so tired of getting the 'looks' and being 'shushed' that I would just as soon not be around people who do not want to 'think about it'. It's not that people don't believe what I'm saying. I've always been taken very seriously by my family and friends. I have an excellent track record I guess you could say. In any case, no one wants to hear what I think anymore because they find it too disturbing. I find it very difficult to keep quiet when something is on my mind....so I too have been isolating much more. I would bet that is the case with many of us here.

There's a lot of planetary stuff going on at the momment. I know This phenomena is linked to the Venus Transit. Also the Sun and Heliosphere. I think it's causing a "lifting of the Veil" for sure. This comes from precog stuff I've been getting for years. Only started going on the web and reading all this other stuff very recently. Some of it confirms what I've been recieving.
~Maya

I'm getting definite vibes that this is indeed a 'universe shift' but I'm not completely sure if it's ET in nature at this point. I also get alot of feelings about impending natural disasters. I'm still very fuzzy on what I'm supposed to be getting out of all this!

I believe I buried so many dreams because of insecurities that I was following paths that weren’t considered ‘lucrative.’ How I wish I had listened to my heart back then! But now is now and it is all we have.
~Bluejay
I know I buried mine. No doubt about it. It is evident to me every day. The best I can do is make more time for what I love, what I am supposed to be doing. It's very difficult to follow our 'true paths' in this world. I definitely have to make some changes but I believe I can do that without completely disrupting my life. I have to make it all work somehow.

I was referred to this site from a long-time friend who I have discussed the conscious/subconscious with for a few years now. Over the past 16 hours, my entire perspective on life has just changed. I've always had a heightened sense, and have been what posters have been referring to as an "empath."
~PhysicalBeing

Welcome friend! It's very reassuring that so many of us are coming forward with our perceptions. I've been able to get so much affirmation here just by talking to others that experience similiar things. I'm still very much out of sorts but it's very comforting to know we are all in this together, no matter how unsettled, disturbed, anxious and fearful we may feel.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Another thing I have been dealing with severe clausterphobia even being in the car 10 seconds makes me feel this way. Anybody else having that?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975

From my personal view, I now feel a bit isolated, as I can't share what I have been experiencing with my friends. Too "off the wall".

Also, I am going into a phase where all I want to do is find answers and come across others with similar experiences. This is not like me, as I am usually a very social person.
~Maya

You can say that again! I am so tired of getting the 'looks' and being 'shushed' that I would just as soon not be around people who do not want to 'think about it'. It's not that people don't believe what I'm saying. I've always been taken very seriously by my family and friends. I have an excellent track record I guess you could say. In any case, no one wants to hear what I think anymore because they find it too disturbing. I find it very difficult to keep quiet when something is on my mind....so I too have been isolating much more. I would bet that is the case with many of us here.

Those 'looks' you speak of once used to make me feel like there was something really wrong with me, -- now, as years have passed, I have become accustomed to them. LoL, I welcome people like you who say things that others find too disturbing.... people need a bit of a shake up these days.... I tend to ride my bike on the footpath and give them a bit of a shock, even though I would 'never' knock anyone over.... it certainly wakes them up!! lol

As for having trouble keeping quiet,.... yes, I have grappled with this one for years, and now have honed it down to a fine skill... I just keep quiet...lol

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In the initial phases of my awakening, and a good ways into it, all I wanted to do was shout from the rooftops! It's tough to contain it all.
Then you begin to realize that people do not want to hear it. And you wonder, "why don't they want to know?" It's just not their time yet. They stiill have lessons to learn. (I began to understand the joyful feelings of the reborn Christians, except they have just misplaced their focus a tad)

Funny thing, when the last Indiana Jones movie came out, I was dappling with the metaphysical. After I saw the movie, I asked to know everything. I simply said, 'I have to know, please let me know, I wil be able to handle whatever you give me' and from that moment on, the road map was laid out for me in the most wonderful manner! At times it was difficult to assimilate these ideas because I had all but convinced myself that the current 'reality' was real.

At this ponit, I keep quiet as well, I just know that I know and smile to myself all the time, because what we are opening up to here is our TRUE selves and our connection with the greater galactic community!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I haven't felt that lately, and then last night it started. Not sure what is going on right now, but the calm I had been feeling for some time was severly interrupted last evening. It's not an impending doom feeling, but that anxious feeling I had combated previously.

These feelings are feelings that above all else, have to go. All they do is allow the negative energies to take hold, and this hinders our progress. Our collective thoughts are what are going to get us through this, so they should be focused on a land of milk and honey. It's trying at times to focus on that! Argh, now that that is out of my system, I go forth to grab that joyful feeling .... I'll find it again!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

I really appreciate this post. I have been experiencing a very strong scence of awareness when I sleep. I looked for treatment in 2004, for what i thought was a stress realated problem. Neither my family doctor or health center could diagnose me with any form of sleep disorder, I decided to let it go. I changed my habits, job and tried natural remedies rather than prescriptions. That said. I have continued to have this broken sleep pattern. I began to become more awake when I slept.(ha).Seriously though, I started to question things and ponder reality so much so that I was afraid to be honest about it with my fiance. I didn't want her to think I was nutters.But over the last year or so, she and several of my friends have began to experience the same issues. What is crazy is that my fiance is super catholic and not the type to question things. A few months back on the final "webbot" release, it mentioned a "global sleep disturbance". Perhaps there is a collective globle awareness or a unique space phenomena. Maybe man is evolving into a sleepless society, I don't know, all I can say is that
I'm happier than a pig in s*** that I'm not the only one. And thanks to the OP for bringing attention to it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny420ls

I began to become more awake when I slept.(ha).

I know what you mean by this , I have been feeling the same, -- its like you 'are' asleep, but you're actually not!

Funnily enough,, last night I slept without waking up once

Ive moved all the electrical appliances out of my bedroom, as a couple of people on here mentioned that they interfere with sleep patterns,

Hopefully it wont just be a 'one-nighter'

glad to hear that your fiance became in step with you ... thats always a good thing...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Great thread.
I didn't read it all, so I apologize if my contributions have already been mentioned.
I haven't had trouble sleeping but have definitely experienced some of the other effects.

What I think is interesting is that when we are sleep deprived we begin to follow the brainwave patterns which are experienced during sleep. In otherwords, its like you go into a deep meditation accidentally, and then return to more normal brainwave patterns. This could explain why people are finding themselves contemplating deeply while they are lying awake at night.

Also, I have read that when we are sleep deprived, our brains begin produce more '___'. If you don't know what '___' is I suggest you research it. This is not solid information, and requires more research, but I think its an interesting idea.

Lastly, it is important in my mind that as we become more aware of the true nature of reality, we do everything we can to improve the reality which is being experienced by the majority. Yes prayer works, but one prayer did not cause this phenomenon. (Haha). The key is to help as many people to the place where we gain control over our subjective reality (once we get there ourselves), and then to meditate/pray whatever on the improvement of our reality as a whole.

Anyways, hope that was helpfull.

Penkala.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Been sleeping like a baby with the wings of the angels protecting me. sorry I can't help. I hope those that cant find out soon what is causeing it and find a way to stop whatever energy is causing it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Here it is!

Available for unlimited downloads from Zshare, and you can listen to it from the link page without even downloading it! Be sure to listen with stereo headphones.

Bach To The Future

www.zshare.net...

Instructions for use:

1) Method - Use stereo headphones, and sit upright, listening with eyes closed, while attempting to remain conscious throughout, although falling asleep, especially when new to it, is not an uncommon occurance.

2) Use Daily - It is recommended, to get the full benefit, to use this as part of a daily meditation practice. You can expect to notice results within days or weeks, and bigger ones over the duration of a month or two.

3) Start Slow - I would also suggest, for the first 14 days, that you listen only for the first half hour to prevent any sort of "overwhelm" from the new stimulous, which tends to surface previously unresolved and repressed unconscious material.

4) Sit after listening - Lastly, to get maximum benefit and results from each listening session, please sit for 15 minutes to a half hour after listening. The greatest benefit may reside during this absolute quiet time while remaining in the target brainwave pattern.

Enjoy!

For those who aren't sleeping well, or who are experiencing anxiety and disturbance during the day, I can pretty much guarantee you, that if you use this meditation track for an hour each day and stick with it, your problems will be over, unless you either need to have them, or put up a lot of resistence to change and transformation.

Best Regards,

OmegaPoint

[edit on 15-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Another thing I have been dealing with severe clausterphobia even being in the car 10 seconds makes me feel this way. Anybody else having that?

Oh, boy, the plot thickens! I too suffer from extreme claustrophobia
. To such an extent that I start to panic if I get stuck in traffic. It has never been this bad before, not until recently (like 3 months or so). It's grown beyond the point of the whole 'not liking small spaces' thing. Now it's that I cannot be confined at all or even in crowds or traffic without experiencing significant discomfort and immense anxiety.

Strange that this aspect has come up! I will elaborate on some other things I've noticed....
My other phobias are also flaring up. For example, I have always been uncomfortable with flying. Although normally I would suck it up because I wasn't going to allow my fears to interfere with my life to that extent. ~The last time I got on a plane was in April. I don't know that I will ever fly again. I couldn't calm down and I kept thinking about how the diminishing magnetic field is going to start affecting aviation in catastrophic ways (ie. planes falling out of the sky, etc.). Basically I was so freaked out that I just couldn't check myself at all.

What is so bizarre about this (to me) is that it my feelings are more like vague premonitions rather than fear. Everything bothering me seems to have a viable root. I'm getting all sorts of weird impressions and strong feelings about staying away from certain things. I don't know. It's all too crazy...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
~~An update to my personal sleep experiences.....
It's not good. Getting worse in fact. I cannot seem to sleep longer than 40 minutes without waking up from a disturbing dream or general discontent. Having a few cocktails isn't helping either unfortunately.

I have always suffered from bizarre dreams (off and on) but now they are consistently lucid, leaving me feeling extremely discombobulated and nervous to the point where I don't even want to go back to sleep. I wish I could give eloquent descriptions but they are so far out there...making it nearly impossible to put words to.

Last night in particular left me with a strange feeling of 'crossing over' into another type of conciousness. Not necessarily a bad thing but the tone of my dream was dark. A party with young girls (3) was going on and they were doing weird dances in which their limbs moved as human limbs cannot. One of the girls broke away to go play the piano and some of the adults present started to panic. When the girl began playing the piano, she was singing a song that developed into a type of chant (best way to describe it I guess). A person appeared next to her at the piano and she smashed this persons hand with a paper-weight, sufficiently mangling it. At that moment the "person" turned around, seemed to shrivel with age before my (dream) eyes, then some spirit (or conciousness) animated itself within the young girl at the piano, who started to distort and laugh in a maniacal fashion. The vibe was utterly disturbing (obviously). I wish I could explain this properly. The thing with dreams is that they make perfect sense until we try to express them in our 'normal' reality.

Anyway, I am familiar with dream analysis and the feelings that came with this dream have nothing to do with a standard interpertation. As I mentioned earlier, it left me with a distinct feeling of something having to do with transverse conciousness. The thing with these sleep disturbances lately is that there seems to be something definitive to them, it's just still very intangible.

I shared this because I want to get a feel of what everyone else is experiencing as this progresses. Also, I am eager to find the common denominators between us.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I had a sense of recognition when I read your OP. I began having sleep disturbances of different kinds about six years ago. They began in a very mild way, but by 2007 I was having major difficulties getting through the night without waking up. I would wake up suddenly with my heart pounding and a sense that something was wrong...although I had no idea what. Sometimes I would wake up and feel a presence in my room. Occasionally I would even hear voices. Once I woke and heard a voice say something like "we are here to talk to you." From there it only got stranger.

The important thing for me is that this coincided with a spiritual awakening. I now believe that my consciousness was/is being reorganized. I see more deeply into the nature of reality than I ever have. Actually, if now feels like I am of this world and not of this world at the same time. My ego and mind no longer rule the roost....I think "why me?" The answer I get is that this is happening to a great many people now.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
One more thing! With regard to the 'thought experiment' we were discussing (ie.mission for clarity, etc.)...
If everyone is in agreement, it might be a good idea to use the next spike date with regard to Timewave Zero, rather than just select a random date. It certainly couldn't hurt anything, and it may very well work in our favor if the universe is already in a heightened state!
Please share your thoughts on this.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

The important thing for me is that this coincided with a spiritual awakening. I now believe that my consciousness was/is being reorganized. I see more deeply into the nature of reality than I ever have. Actually, if now feels like I am of this world and not of this world at the same time. My ego amd mind no longer rule the roost....I think "why me?" The answer I get is that this is happening to a great many people now.

Indeed! This is why we've all gathered. Although some of us aren't necessarily feeling the same type of clarity that you are. I can personally relate the feeling of being a part of this world / but not....
It's a strange awakening of sorts. Please tell us what you're experiences have been? Are you being drawn towards anything specific? Are you more focused on certain elements that you didn't give much thought to before (ie. change in thought patterns), etc. etc. ~~I'm trying to gather as much specific information as possible.

(P.S. While I don't put a great deal of faith into the WebBot stuff, things are certainly starting to point towards their epiphanies. Particularly with what we've been addressing here...)

[edit on 16-6-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
reply to post by Silenceisall

The important thing for me is that this coincided with a spiritual awakening. I now believe that my consciousness was/is being reorganized. I see more deeply into the nature of reality than I ever have. Actually, if now feels like I am of this world and not of this world at the same time. My ego amd mind no longer rule the roost....I think "why me?" The answer I get is that this is happening to a great many people now.

Indeed! This is why we've all gathered. Although some of us aren't necessarily feeling the same type of clarity that you are. I can personally relate the feeling of being a part of this world / but not....
It's a strange awakening of sorts. Please tell us what you're experiences have been? Are you being drawn towards anything specific? Are you more focused on certain elements that you didn't give much thought to before (ie. change in thought patterns), etc. etc. ~~I'm trying to gather as much specific information as possible.

(P.S. While I don't put a great deal of faith into the WebBot stuff, things are certainly starting to point towards their epiphanies. Particularly with what we've been addressing here...)

[edit on 16-6-2009 by jackieps1975]

This is from an old post of mine. It sums up what has been happening to me.

Changes in vision:

· Over the past few years, I have noticed an increased sensitivity to light. This is expressed in the amount of time that elapses between when I look away from a light source and when its afterimage disappears. Even dimly lit objects, like a hand, can leave an afterimage now.

· I have begun to see auras around people and objects. I usually see faintly coloured auras—often bluish-green—around people. Many people have a yellow aura around their heads—particularly those who seem to have a lot of mental energy.

Visual Phenomena When I Close my Eyes:

· When I close my eyes, I regularly see fluid energy patterns and shapes. The shapes are often too faint to make out, but sometimes I can see the traces of known objects and, rarely, what appear to be human and humanoid faces.

Changes in the Body:

· Over the last few years, I have noticed a feeling of increased energy running though my body. I do not mean increased vigour. This is a feeling of a faint current of energy running through my entire body. This is accompanied by increased tension in the muscles.

· Recently, my lower forehead has begun to tingle, as has my crown. Sometimes there is a feeling of pressure in my head. Frequently the tingling sensation behind my brow is accompanied by a feeling of slight pressure beneath it. This may be sinus related, but I do not think so.

Dream Experiences:

· This experience occurred after a near solid week of quite disturbing dreams. I do not often have nightmares, but the energy in these dreams was distinctly negative. I will not go into details, but suffice it to say that the dreams had a depraved and decadent quality to them. On the night in question, I was having one of these dreams. In the dream, I looked out a window into the sky, which was rather menacing. In the sky I saw many dark circular shapes, but they seemed to be made of the clouds themselves. Suddenly, I was face-to-face with a human-looking figure. I was not able to clearly see his facial features, but I remember a few details. The face was that of a man in his late fifties or early sixties. He had straight salt and pepper hear and a bright pink aura was emanating from under his hairline. Then I was shown a thick and tightly wound spiral of flesh, after which the man reappeared. Now he was holding a large jar that contained a frail-looking grey-green humanoid.

· Last year, Kim and I had a couple over for dinner that we enjoy spending time with. We had a pleasant night. I remember feeling particularly warm towards my guests and Kim. At one point in the night, while we were all sitting together, I remember feeling like Kim and I—who were side by side—were encircled by a surge of love energy. Later, when it was time to go to bed, I spontaneously decided to try to meditate. I had not meditated much at this point, so I was not familiar with any techniques. While Kim was falling asleep, I moved to the end of our bed and assumed the lotus position. After a short time, I began to feel a warm energy enter my body from my crown. I felt it travel down into my stomach—which had been bothering me for years—and gather intensity there. I had the distinct impression that my stomach problems were being helped by the energy. I became startled when I realized what was happening, and decided to go to sleep. When I got under the covers, I felt a distinct presence next to me (lying on the bed between me and Kim). The presence felt loving and warm, and particularly affectionate towards me. After a few minutes, Kim woke with a start and said she had a dream that a third person was in the room.

· I woke up in the middle of the night. At the end of the bed was the face of an attractive, dark haired woman. She was a deep blue colour and was looking at us with a smile.

· I woke up and heard a voice lecturing me on how important it was to love. I had the sense that I was getting a crash course regarding the various truths about love (i.e.: love is unconditional, it is all that matters, there is no excuse for failing to love, you must…it is crucial that….etc). As the voice spoke, I saw a block-like sine wave in my mind’s eye. I sensed that the sine wave was in some way related to what the voice was saying, and was part of the process being used to imbed the information.

(continued in next post...)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

(continued...)

• I woke up, still partly in the dream state (as often happens to me). I was awake but when I closed my eyes I could see what looked like a beautiful and intricately carved mandala in black and white. This lasted for several seconds. Then—still in black and white—I saw a humanoid with large eyes on a spaceship of some kind standing in front of a screen upon which could be seen the same mandala. The humanoid, which I did not feel threatened by in any way, proceeded to touch the screen. When it did, the screen was filled in with conical and ribbed energy shapes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join