It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea slams U.S. nuclear umbrella as declaration of war+

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

N. Korea slams U.S. nuclear umbrella as declaration of war+

www.breitbart.com

BEIJING, June 10 (AP) - (Kyodo)—North Korean media said Wednesday that a U.S. pledge to extend its nuclear umbrella to Japan and South Korea due to military threats from Pyongyang would consist of a declaration of nuclear war.
The commentary by the Rodong Sinmun, a newspaper of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea, was the latest in what is becoming increasingly frequent criticism against the U.S. nuclear umbrella covering Washington's allies in Asia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed the chess moves that have been developing in the past few months.

The U.S. announced full support of Pakistan on a military level if and when it ask's for support. Russia announced that India is to make its biggest purchase of military hardware ever. The middle east has suddenly became very quiet since Obama speech. Palestine's new elected leader is pro U.S. diplomacy as a result Israel has been put on the back burner. Iran seems to be no immediate threat anymore. China is making sure the world notices its financial and military might across the globe.

We are witnessing very unusual events across the world.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If North Korea stands by their word, then they should be using their nuclear arsenal on the US, South Korea or Japan shortly. Yesterday they made a statement that any provocation would result in nuclear war. Now they say we declared war, so...... let's see if they mean it.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Two words.
No Balls.

North Korea= Joke.

Someone needs to hurry up and put them in check. Their rhetoric is getting old.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It is also worth looking at what they have proposed which i feel they will use as a way point is the following.

""If the United States seriously wants nuclear disarmament, it should set an example" by carrying it out itself, the commentary said."

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

""If the United States seriously wants nuclear disarmament, it should set an example" by carrying it out itself, the commentary said."

They know that US disarmament is NEVER going to happen. This is just their excuse to ignore us. Now, the validity of the excuse is debatable.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Yes because almight PTB can overcome anything, put them in check then mate there arse-anel!

It's not quite simply fkin the person there as, alot of consideration and well what if I do this! Takes place.

You may move you rook a certain way, and boom you got them, and to finish them off you move your bishop for a near certain checkmate, then boom your king is left unguarded and you forgot all about their bishop and your screwed!

For a website that preaches peace, you speak so much of just nuking a whole country full of innocent people who can't get out to what, make you feel like the newspaper you read is a bit more delightfull, 'Oh good N. koreans no longer exist, phew I thought for an instant there would be some left, phew glad it's all over and people are dead!"

We just need people to go in there and ruin the gov't, not kill millions and claim a victory!

C'mon i'm sick of the talk too, but sht can go sour will fast and you know it. Sometimes that girl your most certain will date you, you ask out and she gives you a straight out no! It happens to all of us, your sick of the should I shouldn't I, well she probably will so okay, then boom what a surprise.

N. Korea isn't a little ant to be taken in stride as if a pedal to stand upon.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
OK N Korea has "The Bomb" from what I gather that hardly puts them in the position to fight a "Nuclear war" with the US.

It's one thing to pop off a couple of nukes. It's quite another to wage a war against an obvious nuclear giant.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Poor lil Kim.

He really is throwing his toys out of the pram now isn't he?

"The other kids don't want to play with me so I'll scream and scream and scream until I'm sick...."

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I agree
no ballz.

They need to learn a lesson or two.

talk like this does no improve relations, it just destroys them...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I wonder what the every day citizen think's about all this and would also love to know what the extremist who live there think about all this. Perhaps they are creating all this issue for a small quick skirmish and by the time anyone takes any action its all over. Something similar to what Georgia tried to do against Russia, but then again Georgia was seriously miss informed about the reaction time of Russia and its deployment abilities.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Now this is getting interesting enough to begin to worry about how they are going to counter act.

S. Korea pinpoints as many as 20 illegal N. Korean bank accounts

Posted 18m ago
SEOUL (AP) — South Korea has informed the U.S. of up to 20 North Korean bank accounts suspected of being used for counterfeiting, money laundering and other illegal transactions, a news report said Wednesday.
The move came as Washington considered punishing the North with its own financial sanctions apart from proposed U.N. sanctions. Separately, seven key nations neared agreement on a new U.N. resolution that would toughen sanctions against North Korea for defying the Security Council and conducting a second nuclear test on May 25.

South Korea gave the U.S. the information on some 10 to 20 North Korean bank accounts in China and Switzerland at Washington's request, South Korea's Chosun Ilbo newspaper reported, citing an unidentified government official.

South Korea's spy agency, the National Intelligence Service, the Foreign Ministry and the Finance Ministry said they could not confirm the report.

The North has long been accused of being involved in the counterfeiting of $100 bills and money laundering — accusations it has denied.

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 10-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
How does someone declare Nuclear war?

I thought the only time there was a declaration of nuclear war is when you fire one at someone.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I had this crazy idea that this posturing may be a bid by Kim Jong-il to mostly destroy his own country before he dies. Sort of suicide-by-cop but for a whole country.

KJi isn't doing so well in the health department and I think he sees that whatever comes after him will probably be a more open government. That would be the eventual destruction of what he and his father felt was the proper way of things.

Eventually, the true magnitude of their corruption and mismanagement would be learned of by the laity and they would cease to be gods in the minds of their subjects....

...Or KJi can start a war that can't possible win and fight it "to the last man." I bet he will even go so far as to use his own nukes on his own territories in a perverse form of "total war."

Jon

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They dont need to wage a war solely against us. All they need to do is create the situation. They have allies, we have allies. They start a fight we make a move, others make moves etc etc and finally WWIII.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If China is really on board with sanctions now, I would imagine that the rest of the world can simply starve them out. They can't feed themselves and they are desperate for a handout. Historically, China was able to keep them afloat but now they claim to be backing US led sanctions.

If we really try to starve them out, they could strike out as an act of desperation with the idea that it would be better / more honorable to die fighting. Or, it may buy us enough time for Kim Jong Il to die and perhaps his son will be more open to negotiations.

Time will tell. Right now though, I think we are waiting for Kim to play his hand. I think everything hinges on whether or not China is being sincere.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
North Korea see's weakness in Obama.

There making all this noise because they want to let the terrorist know they have the technogy and it's for sale.

They also have China backing them.

The United States should tell China to get NK in check or we will bomb the capital of NK back to the stone age.

Ooops, I forgot we can't tell China anything because they are supporting Obama's massive borrowing and spending.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I wonder what the every day citizen think's about all this and would also love to know what the extremist who live there think about all this. Perhaps they are creating all this issue for a small quick skirmish and by the time anyone takes any action its all over. Something similar to what Georgia tried to do against Russia, but then again Georgia was seriously miss informed about the reaction time of Russia and its deployment abilities.

the every day citizen in North Korea are scared to even think under Kims regime. One word out loud and they would be sent to a hard labour camp, no matter how old or what sex they were.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I am sure that their citizens are aware of exactly what is going on.

U.S. Dangerous Military Hysteria Flayed

Pyongyang, June 9 (KCNA) -- Recently the U.S. brought the task force of the latest type nuclear-powered carrier Ronald Reagan to the Pacific Ocean under the pretext of the "threat" from the DPRK, sharply beefing up the U.S. forces in and around south Korea.
Timed to coincide with this, the chief of the Staff of the U.S. Army blustered that in case a war breaks out on the Korean Peninsula, the U.S. is also ready to participate in it and that in case of the war against the DPRK it will not involve a traditional way of fighting. Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Perry also asserted that a military option against the DPRK should be examined while the director for Missile Defense Agency of the U.S. Department of Defense uttered that interceptor missiles of the U.S. deployed on the ground are enough to cope with the "missile threat" from the DPRK.
Rodong Sinmun Tuesday observes in a signed commentary in this regard:
This is a grave military provocation to the DPRK and an extremely dangerous criminal act of bringing the second Korean war.
At a time when unpredictably tense situation is prevailing on the Korean Peninsula, the U.S. would be well advised to think twice about whether its anti-DPRK military hysteria is favorable to it or not.
The U.S. will suffer an irretrievable setback if it keeps going reckless, depending on the large armed forces for aggression and nukes in south Korea and in its vicinity and F-22 Stealth fighters deployed in Japan and other hardware.
It is the revolutionary spirit of the army and people of the DPRK and the mode of counter-action for self-defence to decisively wipe out the aggressors, reacting to the enemy's high-handed acts with the toughest measures and its preemptive attack with the advanced preemptive strikes of Korean style.
The U.S. imperialists had better give up the war gambling as it would only invite their self-destruction.

www.kcna.co.jp...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If the majority of the world's population ignored the sabre-rattling of their 'leaders', then they wouldn't have an audience or a powerbase.

Who gives a rats... it's all words. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me.

If they dare strike with a nuke, they know that they'll be reduced to a fine radioactive powder. Kim would be better off playing a real game of chess, instead. Far more tactical than the predictable crap that he's spewing.

I'm pissed off with all politicians and leaders. They're useless warmongers, plain and simple.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by tezzajw]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join