It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea slams U.S. nuclear umbrella as declaration of war+

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

I am afraid you might be right.

I think he has dreamed of this war for most of his life and fears that he will die soon without ever getting to fight.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I Never said nuke anyone, nor did I say for anyone to takeout innocent people. I didnt say anything like that. I simply said that someone needs to put them in check. No additional dialogue needed.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Gee, these North Koreans have more rights than us. If any one of us, as US citizens, threatened to nuke the US, we would probably be put in jail before we could flap our lips again. geez ...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Well, im not a war mongering prick.........but i think the whole world is getting tired of Lil Kim, hes a psychopath with missiles and nukes.....

Something a kin to a schizo with a history of violence living next door to you with an arsenal of of weapons......only hes been off his meds for a while...

Look, the guy wants attention, and all this "oh just ignore it" is just asking for it, because sooner or later if he doesnt get it, hes going to do something huge to get it.......this man lets his people starve just so he can have his toys.....its time to do something...

Who doesnt think that Wal Mart could use a better parking lot.......plus S korea could get some good shopping done and it could help the global economy!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Why don't you ask the two reporters that just got sentenced to 12 years of hard labor what they think of North Korean freedoms. Things may be getting crazy in the US, but we have a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before we are wishing we were North Korean.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Look, the guy wants attention, and all this "oh just ignore it" is just asking for it, because sooner or later if he doesnt get it, hes going to do something huge to get it.......

What can he do to get attention? He's a piss-ant, small-fry trying to play with the big boys. I wonder if he has seen Team America and gets a chuckle from it.

I wouldn't be suprised if all of his posturing is just him following orders from the White House, or NWO headquarters.

this man lets his people starve just so he can have his toys.....its time to do something...

So - let them starve! He wastes away his own people, he loses more of his power base.

The whole country is generationally brainwashed to live how they do. If they want to change, then they'll have to grow some pairs and do it from within.

'Freeing' their country will probably require bloodshed, by people ready to mount a revolution. Until then, they do nothing and they continue to educate their children that's how life is meant to be lived - fear and disciplined. The cycle continues.

You can't save people from their own poor choices. The only difference between North Koreans and Westerners is that we think we are 'free'. We're all slaves to our masters.

Ignore him. Hell, ignore Obama's crap too.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I wouldn't be suprised if all of his posturing is just him following orders from the White House, or NWO headquarters.

Every day that passes, I am feeling this more and more. I think we are being taken for the "proverbial ride."

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Russia says expecting new North Korea missile test

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:18am

SEOUL (Reuters) - Russia has information on North Korean plans to launch a ballistic missile but does not know when it will take place, Interfax news agency quoted a senior Russian military source as saying on Wednesday.

The news comes as South Korea's defense minister said the North's recent moves were linked to leader Kim Jong-il's succession plans, and as world powers at the United Nations edged toward an agreement on how to punish Pyonyang.

North Korea has angered the region and beyond in the past few weeks with missile launches, threats to attack the South and a nuclear test, prompting U.S. and South Korean forces to raise a military alert on the peninsula to one of its highest since the 1950-53 Korean War.

Cranking up tension, Russia's military said it had information on plans for another missile launch.

"We have certain information about the type and characteristics of the missile. However, we do not have accurate data on the timing," Interfax news agency quoted a senior military source

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Things are really getting out of hand. If something isn't done to stop them it's only a matter of time till the U.S is forced to stop them because they went too far. Sadly it seems to be a good bet that N. Korea will go too far.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Seoul Slaps Sanctions on NK Companies for 1st Time

The government yesterday said it imposed for the first time financial sanctions on three North Korean companies June 1.
The Finance and Strategy Ministry said the three North Korean companies are Korea Mining Development Trading Corp., Tanchon Commercial Bank and Korea Ryongbong General Corp., adding the sanctions were slapped in accordance with the U.N Security Council’s decision to condemn the North for launching a long-range missile April 5.

What is interesting to read in this article is the following

The three North Korean companies subject to sanctions are said to engaging in missile and conventional weapons trade. The mineral and general corporations allegedly produce and export missiles and the bank provides the funding for the two companies.

english.donga.com...

All indications show its strictly a financial war for the moment and as my previous post shows the missile test will go ahead regardless of what sanctions are placed. But it is interesting to note that they are targeting missile orientated companies.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Everybody expects that USA will slap NK when they cross the line of good behaviour.

I wouldn't be suprised that mother Russia unexpectedly solves problem in front of their door.
Looking geographically last thing that Russia wants is nuclear strikes near their borders

Nuclear crap around them is out of question. They had Chernobil and that is enough of radiation for them.

USA will close their eyes while Russia and China enter NK with armies and divide it in half so the money from Pyongyang can go to them.

Problem solved, wolf is full and all the sheeps are alive. simple as that.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well now I know Kimmy is nuts.
He wants to have a Nuclear exchange with the US . I say go ahead fire first and when his two or three missiles fall short into the Pacific then it's our turn.

Actually
Originally posted by tristar

BEIJING, June 10 (AP) - (Kyodo)—North Korean media said Wednesday that a U.S. pledge to extend its nuclear umbrella to Japan and South Korea due to military threats from Pyongyang would consist of a declaration of nuclear war.

It may not have been widely known or written officially but the US was always ready to go to bat to defend Japan and S Korea so simply stating the obvious shouldn't have raised eyebrows.

I think the US is just crossing the "T"s and dotting the "I"s to cover themselves just in case.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If Russia and China combined do not step in to cool off N.Korea then i guess its payback time for the division of Yugoslavia and the recent Georgia provocation. Although i do not believe anything can happen, apart from some skirmish. The uneasy mess that it has two capable nuclear powers and a nation in the region with the biggest army to date, with the obvious support of Russia then i do think its a delicate process of diffusing unless they are actually preparing for a show down.

If it is going to happen, i doubt it will be nuclear, more than likely conventional with both sides having heavy losses.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm very worried about this.... Many, many people may die soon because of this. Innocent children... women... men. The destruction will be the likes of which no one has ever seen before. You think you know what hell is? Just wait until we realize how foolish we've been... Until, we realize we could have prevented this. Until things escalate into something so monstrous, you will be screaming "WAKE UP WAKE UP!"

But you will not be in a nightmare.

We have truly forgotten the lessons of WWII.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If the presidential dog took a dump on the lawn of the NK embassy Kim would declare it a nuclear war.

If Kim were clearly not insane and heavily armed this would be like bad theatre

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Security Council Set to Tighten Sanctions on North Korea

UNITED NATIONS — The five permanent members of the Security Council have approved a draft resolution that would significantly expand export limits and financial restrictions on North Korea, diplomats said Wednesday, and it leaves open the possibility of widening inspections of North Korean cargo vessels.

The draft resolution, which will be presented to the full council on Wednesday morning, would expand the powers of member states to stop and search North Korean vessels. It also seeks to cut off their arms exports and expands financial measures against the North Korean government. North Korea has said that any attempt to stop its vessels would be considered an act of war.

The permanent members — the United States, Russia, China, Britain and France — negotiated the wording, along with South Korea and Japan. Once presented to the full Council, the resolution could be voted on as early as Friday.

www.nytimes.com...
Well there you have it, only 48hrs away until the U.N. officially announces the decision. I guess there are going to be many phone calls into the late early hours of the night to try and estimate N.Korea's moves after the U.N. decision is made official. This is shaping up to be far more than an exchange of words. As history as shown us, when ever the U.N. is involved then you know something is taking a turn for the worse.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You know what's funny, the way that people now talk about "the US" doing this or that in terms of aggressive military posturing.

A year ago it was always "the Bush administration" that was making these aggressive moves.

Word to the wise, "the US" is not doing this, "the Obama administration" is doing this.

Don't play the media's game for them, they do it well enough without our help.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.....

Protecting countries from little kimmies nukes is a declaration of war.

My fricking god, even taking a dump is a declaration of war to that mental midget.

You know, one of these days someone is going to take mental midget boys offer and vaporize him.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

US: No intention to invade North Korea

Jun 10, 2009 12:25 | Updated Jun 10, 2009 13:53

Days ahead of an expected new UN resolution that would toughen sanctions against North Korea, President Barack Obama's special envoy issued a plea for renewed international dialogue and explicitly ruled out any military action against the communist country.

Stephen Bosworth, the special envoy on North Korea, used an appearance Tuesday night before The Korea Society's annual dinner to undercut Pyongyang's justifications for defying the UN Security Council and conducting a second nuclear test, its latest provocation resulting in the likelihood of added council sanctions this month.
But he also made clear, without elaborating, that the Pentagon would not sit on its hands.

"North Korea's recent actions to develop a nuclear and intercontinental ballistic missile capacity require that we expand our consideration of new responses, including our force posture and extended deterrence options," Bosworth said.

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1244371058105

I was wondering when updated news would surface from Israel, its actually very low profiled news article considering the war threats of a strike against Iran for an identical reason.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think it is just the US/NATO making it clear to little kimmy, that S.K. and Japan are our allies and if they are attacked, we WILL defend them, with all that that implies.

Defend them= shooting down any of little kimmies missiles and (PERHAPS) destroying where they were launched from.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join