It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am i so rubbish at creating threads??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Answers on a postcard please...

Nonnullus gumph placeo ATS. Deus quot magis tutela placeo apparatus.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I'm sure you'll get better with time POS

I'll always try and reply to you to give you a helping hand--I just noticed no-one had replied on this so I thought I'd lend my support

You did want some replies I hope!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Don't sweat it, seriously. Almost every single thread I have ever authored has died a lonely, obscure and unnoticed death. You generally have to have just the right mix of opinion and flare for the dramatic coupled with a highly charged and emotional topic in order for it to catch flame and maintain.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

awwwww! around here it seems to be all timing unfortunately. Everyone has great things to say. I'm hoping it's not a 'clique' issue. I've noticed a tad bit of that but not enough to bother me personally.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

I have concluded that I am a poster not a threader and I agree there is an element of herding when it comes to peoples affiliations.

Perhaps when i reach my 100,000 post milestone, i will have the respect to get replies from threads i create about 'Boba Fett found floating around the moon'.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Don't feel lonely. My threads must be very boring as they get no where.

People like sensational threads. Mine are dull. If I was a quitter I would stop trying to do threads. But I'll keep trying.

It can be disheartening to get very few or no replies.

May as well keep trying. It's got to get better.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i was thinking that myself.. i will try to create a post here or there but i am still "new" and just trying to get my feet wet. hang in there, maybe we can figure it out together lol
ps if you figure it out first let me know lol

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Boba Fett was found flying around the Moon???

That's sensational! :-p

I like ya...give it time...I have some threads that get 50 responses and some that fail on the OP

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

It may be that you are so different to us that your topics come uninteresting. Not bad at all, I may even have to commend you for being different! Seriously

P.S. not all topics that generate a lot of interest are worth something. There's a difference between 'popular' and a 'matter of importance'.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Seems like there are a few of us here who are hopeless at authoring threads.

Maybe we should form some sort of Mutual Appreciation Society, possibly called Terrible Writers And Thread Starters, (aka T.W.A.T.S.) and support each other's threads with inane and unrelated comments.
We too could then get a nice, brightly coloured 'Flag Contribution Level' banner.

[edit on 11/6/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

That's hilarious and i'm amazed you haven't been banned and made to work in some deep mine in Venezuela by the mods, for that cryptic swear message

I had my signature removed last night for a much lesser infraction of their stringent T&C's.

I'd like to analyse this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has 75 flags, 67 stars, contains only 36 words and has very little opinion by the OP BUT the OP has created 143 threads in 4 months since joining, so is a very worthy and reputable contributor AND the video he/she used was viral in it's own respect.

Now compare the above to my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is very similar (heck, i even copied his thread title format), in that it is a Daniel Hannan video, has 3 flags, 0 stars, contains only 31 words and i didn't comment much nor offer any opinion. I have been a member for only 2 months and have contributed only a paltry 11 threads! More importantly, the video i linked to is not viral...not yet.

I even tried to make the thread more juicier with other vids and commentary, but not one solitary response

So in conclusion, link to material that the herd finds pleasing by using viral vids

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Now does'nt that feel better getting all these replies

People will reply--you've just got to have faith!!
I look forward to replying on your future threads--I'm sure they will be very interesting.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Thank you ahnggk.

One mantra i like is: "You may smile at me for being different, but i laugh at you for being normal".

But perhaps being different, means i've joined the wrong forum. :bnghd:

I'm just waiting for the swine flu to kick off and then i can make threads about how people are dropping dead in the streets and the police are taking people away to some fields with tents. That should get responses

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Dam, you're back

I'm doing my darnedest to saturate my own threads for non-replies; i still have some thread killing surging through my veins

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You must try and control your thread killin tendencies--I am here to help and assist you

When do we get the swine flu thread cos that is bound to generate a lot of interest--after all a pandemic is going to be called anytime now.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Oooooh, a half-naked lady ordering me what to do

May i kindly refuse your offer of help, i have too many bullets with peoples names on them.

As soon as the hospitals get rammed full of sheeple morphing into pigs, the threads will happen. I doubt WHO will announce a pandemic, that just means level 5.2; they'd never go level 6.

The independent today had a massive front page headline saying: "Recession is over"...i thought wtf.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Yeah right sure the recession is over

But I think level 6 is a coming!
and look how confident you're becoming in your threads--it's amazing how a few replies can inspire you.
I honestly believe your future threads will be a massive hit--and I'm gonna flag you for the progress you've made.
Keep up the good work

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Holy crap, a flag. What is this thing you speak of?

They won't announce level 6, instead they will announce 'a pandemic'.

Just keep your eye on the antipodean countries, they will disclose the full veracity. Although Australia doesn't count, as they only have 4 people.

flutracker.rhizalabs.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You certainly don't deserve a flag calling me a half-naked chick but I will let you off as I'm in a forgiving mood today.
and I think all the people who have replied on here should all be fully supported on any future threads they do, just as you have.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You certainly don't deserve a flag calling me a half-naked chick but I will let you off as I'm in a forgiving mood today.

Are you a woman UKT? And you are half-naked!

and I think all the people who have replied on here should all be fully supported on any future threads they do, just as you have.

For them yes, for me no. I want the last say, and that's that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join