It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet Exercises Over D.C. Planned for Wednesday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Jet Exercises Over D.C. Planned for Wednesday

www.washingtonpost.com

The North American Aerospace Defense Command will be conducting training exercises in the skies above Washington tomorrow to test its air defense skills.

The first, which should last from midnight to about 6 a.m., will include two Civil Air Patrol Cessnas, two Air Force F-16s and a Coast Guard helicopter. The second exercise, which runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow, includes C-21 Lear 35, one C-172 Cessna and an F-16. The exercises will simulate various situations in which aircraft enter restricted air space.

The command is working in conjunction with the Federal Aviation Administration, the Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration.

-- Christian Davenport
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/6/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Note: the external comments in the thread above is all that the article says.

I thought I'd post it so ATSers have a heads up on any reports or theories that may be around shortly after tommorrow's (today's) events.

Knowing that we have a few members in the DC area I thought this might be particularly useful...maybe if one of you observes something you could let us know what you see.

After the fiasco that happened in New York a few months ago, it's not surprising that the powers that be felt they needed to announce this, especially as it's over no-fly-zones. I'm sure the local cops will get a few calls and a few people will get freaked.

I will say I'm surprised at how little time they have allowed before the report and the event(s). Just how many people over there will be aware...who knows.

Let's hope all goes well and no REAL events take place.

Be safe, be informed and shout if you see anything.

Cheers...nerb

(I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post, so feel free to move....I just thought peeps should know ;-)

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Mmm, thanks for posting this - although I could have sworn someone posting something similar last month
- but I'll keep the curtains open and the camera ready in case they fly within view.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ohp. You guys know what happens when they plan situation exercises...

Really though, always a coincidence that things happen during those exercises. Not that I'm saying anything will happen. It almost certainly won't.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
See that's all they had to do for the New York Airforce 1 Fiasco...How easy was it to release that statement...:p

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Could you find the article perhaps?

reply to post by AR154

Yup, easy isn't it?

reply to post by ravenshadow13

Fingers crossed eh.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes dog....similar exercises were reported about last month. Not sure if they ran them or not....can't remember if the weather was co-operative? Or, they're just doing it again.

'course, since it's early, the T-bumpers we had this evening shan't be a problem, when they pop up tomorrow.

Dern it!! I'm out in VA. But, after reading the article, I think it'll be rather anticlimactic anyway....

new topics

top topics

join