It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are a Nation of Schizophrenics.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I think that's a perfect way to look at it. Instill in them a warrior spirit that embraces personal responsibility, individual pride and most importantly self-respect, which seem to go a long way toward respecting others.

As for the system, I'd like to believe we can in time devise one that doesn't perpetuate fear. I understand your frustration with people, but at the same time it's hard to change the only way of life they've ever known. Survival instinct kicks in when we get down to basics like food and water and shelter. Which is the reason behind our 'bread and circuses' culture. They give us just enough to keep us complacent which is just enough to keep us running in survival mode most of the time.

As for the loop? You might think I'm overly optimistic, but I do see a spiral. We have come a long way from where we once were. Far from where we'd like to be, but better than it looks at times. Things are unbalanced now, but balance has a way of establishing itself with or without our cooperation. Time and perseverance are our greatest ally.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

That it is. I don't know how much time we have left though, According to Obama nobody has the right to challenge his decisions.

I don't know, we need to think of something and fast. I fear it won't be much longer we will be able to have these conversations in the open like this.

I'm happy to see you are more optimistic than me, but of course we have progressed some, I think we have to stop looking at time as in years and start looking at time in centuries. It is like they have condensed time to the point where everything has to be now. I think we need to teach the lessons of patience.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I have the same concerns about our ability to openly speak. As to what to do, the true shame of it to me is I'm not sure there's much we can do now to stop it. Looking at history, I see this as all having been in motion for a long time. The entire nation has been held hostage.

So we'll have to do what people have always done in these situations, which is the best we can. That doesn't imply complacency either. We'll work to find the niches to carve away at because history also shows that these systems always collapse on themselves inevitably. I do believe that.

We'll fight in whatever ways we can.

I believe you're right that we need to reckon time somewhat differently. I said to someone a while ago that one thing they have on their side is that they've always thought in terms of generations rather than individual life spans. We need to think the same way to overcome them and ensure a safer more secure future.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I think we need to start playing their game. We just need to slow down. I think the key here is time. You know the saying time is money.

We need some kind of plan though some kind of code. I don't know I'm not smart enough to figure that all out.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yes, I think you're right.

I think the best point to start at is locally. I see the point of any resistance as not necessarily to overcome but to survive long enough to win support.

I look forward to talking more in the future. Right now it's bed time though.

Best of.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Thanks,

Yes I look forward to it too, the point of this war, hypothetically speaking, would be to outlast the enemy. They eventually run out of money and commodities. If we learn how to live off of just the essentials then there really isn't anything they can do to harm us mentally or psychologically.

The problem is making sure it doesn't turn into a cult and steer off course.

Oh yea, and night.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I've taken a couple days to sort some things out. Whether it proves useful or not, these are the things I think about.

I agree with you about a cult, and it is a human trait (or flaw) depending on perspective that they are easily swayed by charismatics. I believe there's a reason for that. One that can be overcome. How long will something like that take? It's hard to say, but the previous idea of thinking in generations is a good place to start.

I'm a little hesitant to talk about what I'm thinking, to be honest. Not out of paranoia, but rather I don't want to appear to think I know more than I do. Suffice it to say now that humans are under the sway of symbols and those that craft and control them. It may sound odd, but look around for a day and see how many symbolic relationships you find in daily life.

Money, television, social networking sites are three popular examples. None of them are really what they present, merely images. Symbols of what we really want, or think we want.

Is it our fault? Yes and no. It's how we're 'designed', so our fascination with symbols is natural. What is unnatural is the use of symbols to keep us in a lower state of mental awareness. Is it intentional?

My heart tells me it is.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I see what you are saying, it is the way our brains work, once we know how the mind works then we will truly be free, no need for boarders and governments.

The human mind is a very complex thing. We have to teach people to be individuals.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I agree. And the truth is when I read some of the more outlandish ideas put forth on ATS, it gives me a strange sense of hope as people explore and work to explain things beyond what is commonly accepted. Because I suppose I am an optimist as I see a world without borders and governments, where truth is the highest value not as a Utopian dream, but a realization of human potential.

I know there's a lot of BS, but I take it all with a grain of salt because I'm glad to see we're trying in some way.

There's a recent thread with some interesting videos about the powers that be. I hope they're watched. Because until people understand not just that they are manipulated, but how, it won't stop. There won't even be a chance.

These humans opened Pandora's Box only to realize that they had no way to control what they released on the world. Because they didn't understand it as well as they thought. Common human arrogance. Now we can't simply shut it, as many would like, and things will have to take their course.

But being human and having been through some severe trauma in my life, I understand and believe without a doubt that we can survive. More than that we can flourish.

Hopefully, I can find a way to help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join