It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to travel faser than light.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

The cage effect would be outside, but we are not talking about outside. We are talking about inside. I do not want to block all EM fields within the cylinders. I want to create an interacting field within the cylinder that causes a lot of matter to be turned into a cylinder ring shape, to which can be compressed into a strong gravity pull to this ring.

The spinning of this would create an weaker version of what black holes do. And multiples of this surrounding a craft, alternating in spin so as to create something similar to newtons shell theorem, would allow a ring-shaped black hole. I'm making a lot of smaller black holes so as to create a much larger one.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Gorman91]

I could assume you did a bit of research on this

en.wikipedia.org...

By definition, you are correct. But the definition can be misleading. In actual experiments, you'll realized how the effect would wreak havoc in the setup/design you're describing.

Faraday Cage Effect in a nutshell are simply like-charges trying to stay as far away from the other as possible. You have to carefully analyze your design. And you'll realize where it will fail.

The idea of Shell Theorem with micro blackholes is again misleading. Since we are already dealing with Quantum Mechanics here, things that are really really small. That theorem is still pretty much in the Classical Physics. It will be violated in some instances, and not warp space-time reasonably as you would hope - unless we're only transporting atom-sized particles at FTL speeds.

I really suggest you study more pls! Deny ignorance!
You don't just get information with reading, sometimes you have to do-it-and-see-for-yourself! You don't have to be rich to do so. I have an hourly wage of just about 5$ before the taxes and I have to do my own scientific R&D and the usual daily expenses. So you can only imagine how I was able to stretch my income - Improvise!!

Cya in Proxima Centauri, or w/e
Nah I'm just kidding! Life is hard alright, no shortcuts to achieving your dreams!

[edit on 21-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

lol true.

Well the shell theorem is for when the black hole forms, not the micro. It's for the ship, not the individual sections making the black holes.

But I'm still not entirely sure about what your saying. because from your description, I want it to happen that way. I want the negative forces to be pulled apart as much as possible, but I want the items forcing this affect to be individually wrapped together. one of the reasons I want it so cold is because one affect from almost-absolute 0 temperatures is that atoms begin to act like one when packed together. if they start acting like one atom, then the cage affect won't matter, because the atoms will lose their identity and act as one. And when it acts like 1 individual particle, it will seek the least negative.

This, of course, is extremely difficult to do. So I'd imagine such a ship being a mile or more in size.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Gorman91]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I want it so cold is because one affect from almost-absolute 0 temperatures is that atoms begin to act like one when packed together. if they start acting like one atom, then the cage affect won't matter, because the atoms will lose their identity and act as one. And when it acts like 1 individual particle, it will seek the least negative.

This, of course, is extremely difficult to do. So I'd imagine such a ship being a mile or more in size.

www.bautforum.com...

A superconductor not only prevents a magnetic field from penetrating (well, there's a penetration depth, actually), but it will expel an existing static field that is there when it goes superconducting.

I think you have a bigger problem with that. Keep also in mind that electric fields have far greater force than magnetic fields. IMO this behavior is still analogous to the Faraday Cage Effect.

I think now it's time you brought your theories to the more appropriate forums like a physics forums(not anywhere here on ATS). Don't you find it strange, I'm the only one consistently answering your questions?? You will find more answers and help from those forums than ATS, I assure you!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
yea that's true. I should. But what you quotes is what I want. the repelling of an already existing field. if it repels a field which is already repelling itself, wouldn't matter stuck in between be crushed enormously?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

yea that's true. I should.

Here is where you should go and ask your questions www.physicsforums.com...

But pls don't act like you acted here. Tell them about Ergosphere with FTL flight, and of course your theory and they'll know you're half serious, better than kidding right?? Because they can be quite unforgiving when it comes to wild speculations!!

en.wikipedia.org...

I can't be certain they can provide you with all the answers. FTL theory is somewhat very unique, specialized, theoretical, and very little to no attempt at an experimentation with it. Just post it in the right places!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There was a statement by Tesla and now I see by others involved
in World Wide Electricity involving ELF that going around the
curve of the ionosphere involved a pi over 2 factor which comes
out to 1.5 times the speed of light.

Now that sounds like some sort of warping Einstein style for electricity
and not gravity. And may explain Tesla's ridicule of Einstein's curved
space theories.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Now here's what I'm talking about. While I still don't understand how the ergosphere goes at faster relativity while the event horizon goes at slower relativity, it's basically what I'm doing with my device, only I'm changing it so that the ship is within he even horizon, only it's relativity is hollowed out so that within goes at Earth's relativity. Wouldn't something being pushed within this hollowed part cause the ergo sphere to be pushed more because the rate of push is more compressed into stronger forces as time changes? Think of it like a damn. While one side might be overflowing, the other side might be a wasteland needing water. So the disaster on one side of the damn is relatively controlled on the other side.

reply to post by TeslaandLyne

perhaps the two should have worked together more than stand apart. Einstein is right. We see this by looking up. yet Tesla is right too, because space just a little out of the atmosphere goes faster too.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Read this and understand why your concept will fail. Astronomically low mass black holes in your design cannot avoid this phenomenon.

en.wikipedia.org...

FTL flight is possible but don't just look in one place. I hope you will understand that.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

But that's for things falling into it and for larger masses. I want to do what CERN wants to do, kind of. Micro black holes to some extent. First the tube shape has to be created with some matter within the cylinders, then just keep on adding more mass until it creates a small singularity in a tube shape. It's weird because that should not be possible. but perhaps it is really lots of singularities making a tube shape, not one.

The idea is that wither very low temperatures will compress volume enough with electronegative so as to cause mater to collapse on itself, or very high temperatures will cause so many collisions in such small volume that it will just cause a singularity. I favor cold because it's the most direct way to lower volume to such small levels so as to cause the atoms to lose their identity. And when they lose their individualism and become one glob acting like a very large atom, then pressurizing it will be like causing an atom to fit into a smaller space than it is, thus a singularity.

What you linked is for the outside. I'm not concerned with the outside yet because first we need to figure the individual black hole creations out before we can even think about using it on a ship.

I suppose it's creating a micro black hole on the macro scale.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Gorman91]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join