It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plugged In: The 8 Circuit Model of Consciousness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
isn't striving to connect with things outside Earth and a human existence almost a goal to not be human? Or is it a need to realize that we are not alone as intelligent beings. That being human has a purpose. Is the only way we can know that, to seek out another life form? Another universe, another plane? If we can connect to it, does it give us more life? Less death?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by seagrass
What makes it boring?

That's what I want to know.

Does it sound like something you'd be very interested in?
With a good book, good company, good drink... it's a party.

alone? Only if I am not around too many bugs. Sunscreen is a plus. Why would I want to cook myself? Not usually for any reason. Even a tan.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

isn't striving to connect with things outside Earth and a human existence almost a goal to not be human? Or is it a need to realize that we are not alone as intelligent beings. That being human has a purpose. Is the only way we can know that, to seek out another life form? Another universe, another plane? If we can connect to it, does it give us more life? Less death?

There's an important idea there for me. Why are we so attached to being 'human'? So set on defining our existence in this way? I see being human as simply a way of expressing life, and expressing life has infinite definitions, potentially. So if exploring my understanding beyond the confines of certain human characteristics is what I desire, then perhaps I don't need to be human anymore?

This isn't a death wish nor anything against being human, which has its distinct moments of bliss. Rather I see it as a desire to evolve beyond the conflicts I have and to explore a new potential for bliss.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

There's an important idea there for me. Why are we so attached to being 'human'? So set on defining our existence in this way? I see being human as simply a way of expressing life, and expressing life has infinite definitions, potentially. So if exploring my understanding beyond the confines of certain human characteristics is what I desire, then perhaps I don't need to be human anymore?

This isn't a death wish nor anything against being human, which has its distinct moments of bliss. Rather I see it as a desire to evolve beyond the conflicts I have and to explore a new potential for bliss.
But to attempt or desire it as a human is to experience it as a human. Can we handle another set of conflicts in knowing there are alternative ways of living and thinking? Of being.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

isn't striving to connect with things outside Earth and a human existence almost a goal to not be human?

If you want to look at it like that, sure, why not. Being human isn't the end-all, consciousness itself is.

If we can connect to it, does it give us more life? Less death?

Like the Bhagavad Gita says, life cannot truly slay itself, and cannot be slain. It can only change form. And in changing from a "higher" state to a "lower" state much information is lost. Death is one such change.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think we are bored of being human. We want new conflict. We have been doing this forever... Back and forth on the see saw... duality... over and over.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

isn't striving to connect with things outside Earth and a human existence almost a goal to not be human?

If you want to look at it like that, sure, why not. Being human isn't the end-all, consciousness itself is.

If we can connect to it, does it give us more life? Less death?

Like the Bhagavad Gita says, life cannot truly slay itself, and cannot be slain. It can only change form. And in changing from a "higher" state to a "lower" state much information is lost. Death is one such change.
Then seeking consciousness should kill us.( if it is the destination) So we want to experience a higher consciousness while being human. Makes sense.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

With a good book, good company, good drink... it's a party.

Well, that's the thing. By myself, maybe a bottle of water, and I only read sometimes. I try to make it more of a point to work on breathing exercises, meditation and the like.

Only if I am not around too many bugs.

Once I noticed while I was meditating that bees kept landing on my right arm. I didn't count, but when the most were on there, there were between 10 and 15 of them on my right arm. And NONE on my left arm. Sometimes a fly would land on my left arm, one fly in particular, that eventually left me alone, but the bees all landed on my right arm and seemed to be content just sitting there on my arm. And I let them be (no pun intended), and just carried on with my meditation.

If I had to advance a theory, it would be that they were attracted to my right arm because my right arm is where energy was actively flowing out of my body, whereas energy was being taken in on the left side of my body. But I'm not sure how others would take to hearing such things.

Sunscreen is a plus.

Only if you like to poison yourself!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
being human and divine at the same time would fall under our criteria of duality. A new set of conflicts to experience.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Interesting theory, but I am more interested in the fact that you could stand to have that many bees on you. My meditation would have been over.

and a hat and long sleeve shirt constitutes sunscreen.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

But to attempt or desire it as a human is to experience it as a human. Can we handle another set of conflicts in knowing there are alternative ways of living and thinking? Of being.

Not until we can handle those we have now

But it seems a conundrum in a way? How can we desire to be anything other than human while being human? Perhaps because being 'human' is just a map. Being 'human' sets us apart as alive but not life in some way, which is why we fear death.

Honestly, I think the growth is inevitable. What we call ourselves is up to us, but I don't think it makes us less than what we are. Rather it has all the potential to make us more. That's evolution and the purpose is to experience.

Which is why there are threads about being an 'alien' or an 'indigo' or a 'starseed'. Because people look around and don't see themselves the way they see others. Attempting to redefine the experience. Still human, but growing beyond the need for the conflicts we've engaged for so long. I see myself like this in some way, but not better than any other.

Simply another facet of the reflection of existence that I reflect by my own choosing. And if its just me, so be it

[edit on 14/6/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well that adds to my own personal theory that flies are stupid.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Anything non human but intelligent is either part of a nwo or more advanced, or has some purpose we don't know. To save us, or to destroy us. We call things from other places (Phenomena) demons, ghosts, entities. If you hear voices you are schizo or talking to God. Yet we still try to connect with some higher place with higher souls. We try to be "good" enough to get there. We seek "enlightenment". We look to dimensions outside of our present ones for answers. We are reaching out. We want to connect with a mass intellect (internet).

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am almost completely rethinking the 8 Circuit Model after all this excellent discussion

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I am almost completely rethinking the 8 Circuit Model after all this excellent discussion
and yet the map is not the territory.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Indeed. I just like making maps

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

and cats like playing the piano, and elephants like to paint.....sounds like a great children's book

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Amen. I'm always trying to tie everything I know together so it all points towards one conclusion that is most useful to me. I learned to associate a lot of psychology with the lower chakras with Leary/Wilson's model, and it put meta-programming into a new perspective (something I was already familiar with from Hofstadter's G.E.B. -- another very enlightening read), but ultimately I think I will always be brought back to classifying things according to my body. My body is the most recent conceptual map I've adopted, it's such a large and complicated living system itself, it naturally embodies many "good" things to remember. If any system can fit even loosely into the chakra system, then I know it will fit into my body. And even if it doesn't, if it's too intellectual for example, I still break it down or just store it away as something to do with my head and intellectual processes. And I'm trying to consult with my heart more often now that I've learned that it also has neurons, and even my gut since it too has lots of neurotransmitters in it (ie serotonin). Who would've thought I would end up taking "listening to your heart" or "listening to your gut" more literally?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I think you are on the right track. As that is all we really have to work with. The body. A temple right? With maybe 7 rooms... a castle. But we haven't really looked in the attic yet.
There are places we haven't been yet. Ideas that are only budding out. It will take some time for other people to synthesize their ideas together. We are all learning, and experimenting, and adding bits and pieces we find to the giant puzzle. The more we communicate on a mass level, the more pieces we can put together.. Each adding their own map so to speak of territory traveled, and then maybe one day, we can see the territory better.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I do the same, most especially with the chakras as I've found them to be personally useful, not something to discard. That's part of the reason too for all the discussion of astrology in this thread. Upon close examination it seems apparent to me that it's a system that has value.

though I find it better most times to remove the systems of belief that surrounds the core system and look for the value there.

Human knowledge is cumulative and time has a way of eliminating the wholly superfluous.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join