It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Promises More than 600,000 Stimulus Jobs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Obama Promises More than 600,000 Stimulus Jobs

www.cnbc.com

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.politifact.com
www.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Now that is something to hope for at least for those that will be able to have access to it, but no much hope for the 6 million people that are unemployed in America.

I guess the 1 million jobs were too much to hope for.

Still I wonder who will benefit from this "temporary jobs", perhaps those that are friendly to "acorn"?

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yeah ... And he'll keep this promise the same way that he kept all his campaign promises I'm sure.

Watch .. at the end he'll say that they 'saved' 600,000 jobs with by spending the faux-stimulus money instead of saying they 'created' them.

It'll be a play on words to save face. That's my prediction.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
600K "brown-shirts" pehaps?

Deutchland Deutchland uber alles. . . . .

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So much for hope my friend, this are actually temporary jobs with the crime rates getting higher as young people find themselves in the streets and with nothing to do, 600,000 is peanuts compare to the millions of adult unemployed with the millions teens wandering your neighborhood looking for trouble.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I hope he owns up to his word regarding this. I have two skill sets and one of them (the big money making one) involves these supposed "green energy infrastructure" plans. The money is so tight in the alternative energy sector right now and big oil is rearing their ugly head again.

So, lets get this show on the road, Obama.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah, what kind of jobs? Our friend Rahm's plan for mandatory state service sounds like an excellent idea, so that is an option! Because, as we all know, the National Guard is obviously the people's militia and it should be expanded. But I digress, this will never work.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtectYourAssets

Well I am trying to figure out where this jobs are going to be coming from, I know construction was supposed to be a big thing, but I have not seen any thing yet, at least on my neck of the woods.

I am sorry if I sound pessimistic but 600,000 are not going to help the millions of unemployed if they have to share them with temporary works for summer teens.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
He can promise all he wants to... me? I'll just wait and see.

Look at my graph in Analysis: Where are the 3 million jobs Obama promised? and tell me if you think he's able or not.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Shouldn't he get started on creating some of the 3.5 million jobs he said he was going to create with his las stimulus before he starts promising more?

Or is this 600,000 part of that?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I believe he is now adding the temporary jobs in the census and for the summer, the long term jobs are not where to be found yet. Those can only come from the private sector and with him targeting the rich and wealthy on taxes and the businesses they will be holding down on job creation.

This will make the economy slow down even more.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And aren't these all government jobs?

How does that really help? Think about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Fox News

"It's a reminder that we're still in the middle of a very deep recession that was years in the making, and it's going to take a considerable amount of time to pull out of," Obama said.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!!!!

First we are in it deep .. then he says that the worst is over ... now suddenly we are in the middle of it again and it's going to take years ...

Geeze ... flip flop flip flop .... this guy has no freak'n clue.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Let me leave this thread with the words of the most evil man to have ever existed in the world. Or the second most evil man.

Owners of capital will stimulate the working class to buy more and more of expensive goods, houses and technology, pushing them to take more and more expensive credits, until their debt becomes unbearable. The unpaid debt will lead to bankruptcy of banks, which will have to be nationalized, and the State will have to take the road which will eventually lead to communism. –Karl Marx, Das Kapital, 1867)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You forgot to add that in that same speech he also mention that the 600,000 jobs are either created or saved there goes the wording again created and saved are two different things.

Still Ashley the jobs are all government related jobs and mostly temporary jobs..

Very soon they will start adding the military jobs as recruiting as part of job grow.

The government will become the biggest job creator in the nation.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Incredible, but that is exactly what is happening in this nation right now. We should never brush away the words or views of those people with visions before our time. Even if they are evil.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Incredible, but that is exactly what is happening in this nation right now. We should never brush away the words or views of those people with visions before our time. Even if they are evil.

It wasn't a vision Marg, it was a plan on how to turn Capitalist states into Communist nations, and has been working well so far, hasn't it?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Like I said, incredible, we are all smart people if we take what has been happening since the nation got its first big depression we can tell how the few in power have been cementing agendas for generations.

While we the people has become comfortable, but right now that comfort zone is been eroding and people will not longer fell secure or comfortable anymore, that brings civil unrest and I wounder what the powers that be had in store for all of us when that time comes.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I kinda dont trust this. Yeah the whole 3 million job thing? rememeb the 22,000 green jobs that were created? Yes indeed...and all sent too India! His temporary governemnt jobs..that still means eventual up-coming layoffs at some near future point. Even in a capatilist system, theirs no guarantee anyone will have a job...supose these new jobs are created, via new buisnesses, and they dont do good profit marigns? naturally that = layoffs and closing of business, especially since peolpe have moreso woken up and watch thier dollar more closely now. Thirs no guarntees. at least form what ive learned with a job..its not what you can do, its WHO yuo know...thats how yuo keep a job...dosnt seem right at all, but that is how business works.... yuo could have a business on hte brink of bankrupcty, and if yuo know the right people, make good with them...they will keep yuo till they end up owing more than the foreclosure, and get rid of the no nomaes to them, even though they are hard working citizines..
thats how it works..so for this job creating thing...it knida confuses me, rather i question on how strong a structure this plan is.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Actually we are facing right now A job market crash but nobody in Washington will ever tell you that.

Is expected in an economy in crisis.

See, the numbers given for the month of March were sugar coated as how much jobs we lost.

The growth of unemployment had been slowing moderately over the past two months but it took a turn for the worse in May despite conflicting reports from major media outlets. Forbes.com ran an article Friday June 5, stating that job losses in May were just 345,000 – far fewer than the 550,000 most economists were predicting. It uses this as a signal that the economy is turning around.

In order for the nation to come out of the recession it has to create jobs.

Right now the government keeps concentrating on the markets to show that the economy is recuperating because we are so much into globalization, meaning that also our trading partners are also our investment partners.

But as a nation we are in trouble internally more than many think.

Unfortunately, there are several things wrong with this argument. First of all, this country needs to be creating hundreds of thousands of jobs each month to soak up unemployment, increase GDP, and prop up lagging incomes. A loss of 345,000 jobs is just sinking us further into the hole. The second, and most important, counterargument is that while this economy may have seen a drop in “non-farm payroll employment” the actual number of unemployed persons increased by 787,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Until this nation job force starts to work again and pay taxes this nation will never get out of the economic crisis is right now.

www.economyincrisis.org...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join