It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore's climate message to australia should be to close his mouth and reduce his carbon footprint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Source: Safe Climate Australia

Nobel prize-winner Al Gore will be the keynote speaker at an event launching the development of a bold transition plan for Australia to rapidly reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Mr Gore will help launch Safe Climate Australia to 1,000 of Australia’s key stakeholders at an invitation-only breakfast on Monday July 13 in Melbourne.

Safe Climate Australia is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation dedicated to planning the transition to a net-zero carbon economy, and has been formed by a group of concerned climate scientists, community and business leaders with a shared understanding of the need for emergency action to restore a safe climate.

This from a Guy who comes out with this Quote

Dairy Farm Expert in a Day
Milwaukee, WI - "I'm very familiar with the importance of dairy farming in Wisconsin. I've spent the night on a dairy farm here in Wisconsin. If I'm entrusted with the presidency, you'll have someone who is very familiar with what the Wisconsin dairy industry is all about."
(Sources: Sunday, June 18, Atlanta Journal Constitution and The Washington Post, June 14, 2000)
Hey! I am an expert in hospital administration in NJ, and the hotel industry in several states - having spent more than one night there!

and then this
Gore and the Internet
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet" Gore said when asked to cite accomplishments that separate him from another Democratic presidential hopeful, former Sen. Bill Bradley of New Jersey, during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN on March 9, 1999.
Gore supported technological advances related to the advancement of the Internet, but to say that HE took the initiative in creating the Internet is a bit much.
(Sources: Transcript www.wired.com... )

[edit on 8/6/2009 by ocker]

[edit on 8/6/2009 by ocker]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
FORMER United States vice-president Al Gore will visit Melbourne next month to launch a new organisation inspired by Repower America — his plan to switch the US economy to clean energy in 10 years.

the story
www.theage.com.au...

Mammogram...sonogram...honey graham...
At an event in Las Vegas on Monday, 09/1800, Gore declared potential breast cancer victims faced "a long waiting line before they could get a biopsy or, uh, or a uh, another kind of, what am I looking for, a sonogram or...." People in the crowd shouted "mammogram."
(Source: Fox News 09/18/00; MSNBC 09/21/00 - The News with Brian Williams)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
you have made a hilarious yet excellent point

Al Gore's carbon footprint way outweighs mine (thousands fold)

i drive about 1 mile a week, to the store down the street for food

Al Gore goes flying around everywhere all the time, rides in nice limos, and talks all day long

He is a Carbon Factory pretty much

me? my carbon footprint is almost negligible

i guess hes just a huge hypocrite because he thinks i am the problem, however the reality is people like HIM are the problem

get rid of all of these jet flights and maybe i will start to consider his viewpoint, but until then hes just a huge hypocrite

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Equal...if not more so?
"When my sister and I were growing up," Mr. Gore told a small audience made up mostly of women, "there was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so."
(Source: NY Times, 08/12/00)
Equal - if not more so? More so what? More "equal"? Who is more so? If two things are equal, what is the "more so" for?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I am sure he will not be flying to Australia economy either
great reply thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Saint Gore's household uses 6 times more electricity per year than the average American household, just how big is his house? just how many people live in it? anyone notice just how fat he has become? [sorry, that should read 'weight challenged'] anyway, he's fat. [probably kill himself if he fell over]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What would be even more funny is if say.........

He went on a trip to Alaska to look at the glacier reduction because of all his "global warming" and a huge piece came off and sent him too the depths......ahh.......poetic justice

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

would his cronies jump in and help him

A spotted Zebra.
"A zebra does not change its spots." - Al Gore, attacking President George Bush in 1992.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker

would his cronies jump in and help him

A spotted Zebra.
"A zebra does not change its spots." - Al Gore, attacking President George Bush in 1992.

Do you think that it is not reasonable that the worlds leading light on the most important threat facing humanity be able to communicate his message ? Do you think it more important that the person who is helping to prevent this catastrophic calamity than any other individual ?

Your point is profoundly ill considered and is merely an emotional bleat at Al Gore travelling because he raises issues which may affect your selfish position on this issue.

When I see you finish pointing out ever person who travels but has done less than Al Gore to prevent this catastrophe the I will listen to you - but since this is every person on the planet we in in for a wait.

Your logic is like attacking mother Terresa for eating food and having a home, or teachers for being educated, or health workers for being healthy, or UN officers for being safe - completely illogical and grounded in mundane petty emotions.

Present some logic to your post -

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

except that there is NO evidence that what he claims is true. Infact there is MORE evidence that Global Warming is caused my natural processes......

People just listen to this hypocrite and take what he says as fact.

Infact they had the UN do an investigation on all this and guess what the UN said? Not what they hoped they would......the UN said they had nothing to support the fact that global warming is man made.....

Continual data supports the fact that Global Warming is a natural thing and there is nothing we as humans can do about it....

global warming is a myth. However, please check the Internet (Al Gore’s invention) and ask about greenhouse gases.You will find that there are five. The most plentiful is water vapor making up 35 to 70 percent of all greenhouse gases. Mankind’s total contribution to all greenhouse gases — this includes cars, trucks, manufacturing plants, boats, planes and any pollution producer you can name — the total is less than 1 percent. Mother Nature provides the other 99 percent. It’s on the Net.

heres a temp graph from past to present
www.firestormer.com...

heres some more information, please absorb it
www.hyscience.com...

Im all about conservation and not destroying the planet that we live on, but dont try to sell me a bag of lies just to make a buck.

Moreover , dont try to sell me this bag of lies while you sit there and do the exact opposite.....which is exactly what he does.....

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

My logic in this thread is to make the point the guy is a puppet for energy companies,and like business. I suggest you research his motives,
and traveling ???.
and for his evidence

According to Robert Cahalan, climatologist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center "For the last 20 to 30 years, we believe greenhouse gases have been the dominant influence on recent climate change."

This may not come as such a big surprise to those who weren't so ready to swallow the Al Gore theory. We all knew that Earth has experienced dramatic changes in its history, going from ice ages to periods of extreme heat (even to the point of melting all the ice on the planet).

I have always supported change in the world for better sustainability,am a advocate to change the mistakes industrial big wigs have caused in the past.
the world environmentalist have done a wonderful job so far and we still have a long way to go .
the environment is a sensitive issue, and I will not fall for the crap and bull that this man feeds us for his and his Investment mates gain.

One thousand billion million trillion...
Oct. 25 2000 JACKSON, Tenn. (Reuters) — Criticizing Bush's Social Security privatization plan at a rally in Tennessee, Gore said, "He is proposing to privatize a big part of Social Security and he's proposing to take $1 trillion, a million billion dollars out of the Social Security trust fund and give it as a tax incentive to young workers."
A trillion is one thousand billion, not a million billion.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Do you think that it is not reasonable that the worlds leading light on the most important threat facing humanity be able to communicate his message ?

Al Gore, the "world's leading light"??? On any subject???

If you truly believe that, then your problem has already been identified.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow, another mature enlightening thread on ATS.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The globaltempvariation.jpg at firestormer.com has no information about the data source so it could be a pretty picture for all we know. Search terms: 'global, temperature and variation ' did not come up with the firestormer jpeg even in the first five pages so exactly how did you come across this jpeg?????

Artifacts are only as good as the source material allows. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.'

metrowitch

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Do you think that it is not reasonable that the worlds leading light on the most important threat facing humanity be able to communicate his message ?

Dear 'Í wear my sunglasses at night'centurion

Well, why are you of theopnion that Al Gore is a not luminary? Do you know something we dont which dims his mission or is it that your corneas are so destroyed by UV radiation through the ozone hole that they are now due for replacement? Their are none so blind as those who dont see.

Belief is an idea or position held despite the percieved lack of evidence to substantiate it.

metrowitch

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by simol

Originally posted by centurion1211

Dear 'Í wear my sunglasses at night'centurion

Well, why are you of theopnion that Al Gore is a not luminary? Do you know something we dont which dims his mission or is it that your corneas are so destroyed by UV radiation through the ozone hole that they are now due for replacement? Their are none so blind as those who dont see.

Belief is an idea or position held despite the percieved lack of evidence to substantiate it.

metrowitch

Don't know where you are or where you've been, but if you'd ever read any news articles on Gore, you know that at worst he's totally out of touch with reality (he claims to have invented the internet), or at best "merely" a hypocrite (his energy guzzling house and vehicles in Tennessee).

Since he lost the election, this so-called man made global warming crusade is just Gore's meal ticket and nothing more. It pays his bills ...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And check out this article ...

Driving an SUV better than taking the train?

In some circumstances, for instance, it could be more eco-friendly to drive into a city -- even in an SUV, the bete noire of green groups -- rather than take a suburban train. It depends on seat occupancy and the underlying carbon cost of the mode of transport.

top topics

join